**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Have just bought a Ulefone be touch 2 . Anyone know what is the max size of TF card this will take? Thinking of a 32 maybee even 64. The instructions appear insignificant! Thanks What size is the usual that people wack in their phones?

64GB is the max. What made you get that phone, Im curious.

Thanks. I am really totally ignorant in respect of mobiles. What impressed me with this phone was the wide range of frequencies available (Naturally 4g )perhaps as wide as its possible to get. The reports appeared reasonable as "perhaps" the price $169. Now looking for a suitable satnav maybee Co Pilot? The phone appears ok - but then it only appeared today via DHL pushed thru the letterbox without a signature. I particularly like the feature by which one can speak the name of where on wishes to go in web browser ie daily mail or bargain forum and it goes in immediately

Last edited:
Anyone with the redmi note2 how the hell do you tell it to download all apps regardless of size over celluar connection. I can not find a setting anywhere, I have found the setting for auto updates, which I've changed to any data connection.

Go to the download folder then top right 3 little dots ... tap that and then settings, download size limit and set it to unlimited.;) I have to say it's a pain in the butt to find.

Last edited:
9H 2.5D Tempered Glass Cover Screen Film Protector Guard For Xiaomi Redmi Note 2

Got these today, they're great for a £1 each

Been using my Note 2 for a week and no crashes

Developer Rom is great

Wish I could get Hangouts to update when messages are sent

Meizu PRO 5 looks a very nice device.

I may be tempted to upgrade my vivo Xshot.

Waiting for the resellers to get stock and see prices outside mainland China.

Amazon uk are starting to stock a lot of better branded chinese phones as of late. They stock a variety of meizu, and now i've just checked latest arrivals in mobile phone sold by amazon, and they've added a couple of xiaomi phones too (the mi4i to be exact) the price seems a little steep, but maybe its just a placeholder. This is good news, as they will start stocking more and more from now on :D

I have ordered the 32GB version of the Mi4C through Geekbuying as I feel that it's a viable alternative to the forthcoming Nexus 5XX and will keep me going until the SD820 phones come out early 2016.

Last edited:
Just a quick review. I bought the elephone P8000 from antelife. On paper I thought it sounded good and the large battery was a big attraction.

Firstly the tracking information sent was wrong. But in fairness as it came from HK they were good enough to put "sample" on the customs label. This kept the charges down. That said I probably wouldn't deal with antelife again.

On to the phone:
It was a massive beast of a thing. I currently run a Nexus 5 and thought that 5 to 5.5 inch wouldn't be that big but was massive. Second the weight of it was heavy. I couldn't imagine holding it for long periods of time. I managed to root it and install eragon ROM which made it a lot nicer. But as with many Chinese phones the back button is on the right of the home button which I don't like. Also I couldn't get browsers like Chrome to work properly with it. The stock browser that comes with eragon is a busy mess but the swipe down to show address bar in chrome/ chrome beta would not work. I didn't personally test the mobile signal but after deciding I couldn't get in with it I gave it to a friend who is on the EE network in London and he has it working no problem. Oh and the camera was pants - very noisy photographs.

Also and maybe this is common but there is no paper manual on how to use the phone. Only a manual about Google android. If this was your first ever phone that would be very off putting. Also even though antelife said they would ship a UK adaptor they sent it with a European plug only.

So my conclusion is yes it was cheap to buy but I would probably stick to the better known brands if going grey market again.

Last edited:
Elephone are rubbish. Avoid with a barge pole.

Stick to xiaomi, meizu, Huawei etc. Always read reviews on gizchina. They're usually pretty right. Devicespecifications is a good website to get the lowdown on all the specs. Similar to gsmarena

Elephone are rubbish. Avoid with a barge pole.

Stick to xiaomi, meizu, Huawei etc. Always read reviews on gizchina. They're usually pretty right. Devicespecifications is a good website to get the lowdown on all the specs. Similar to gsmarena

I'm getting the Elephone Vowney 4GB when it comes out. It's got everything I want and cheap to boot :)

I won't know till I get it. I do know that Huawei\Samsung\oneplus\Nokia are crap as I've had those.

Ha ha, an interesting comment. So you ignore reviews/opinion of others to choose a phone, but then given you opinions here, maybe it's for the best as you clearly have some different taste/preferences to most.

Back
Top Bottom