**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

I'm going to China in about a month and I'm looking to pick up a new high end phone. I've got an Oppo Find 7s at the moment.

Does anyone have any recommendations of what to look for? I'm leaning towards something with an AMOLED display with a 2560x1440 display.

Bit the Bullet and went with ibuygou as they were quite responsive with emails and heard good from other forums

Paid $294 whoch paypal converted to £196 for the Black 32GB Mi4C shipped with DHL, customs covered, if charged they will refund.

I've got my LeTV Max setup now and I'm well impressed with it. The 2K screen is beautiful and clear.
It scores 63,500 in antutu and the SD 810 runs at full speed and doesn't get hot :D

The only thing I don't like there is no pull down screen like CM 12 :(
So I'm trying to find something to do that. Glad I bought this over other SD 810 phones.

Looking to buy one of these chinese phones as a spare. Is the redmi note 2 still the one to go for? Dont want to spend over £200.

I read one review on amazon saying they came with some malware browser apps preinstalled? Is there a fresh rom I can flash?

I read one review on amazon saying they came with some malware browser apps preinstalled? Is there a fresh rom I can flash?

Biggest problem there is that a flash might not fix the problem depending on what they've done with the firmware. Like Lenovo and their malware injection system that was found earlier this year (LSE).

An example, the Xiaomi Mi 4 was found to contain malware earlier this year by Bluebox. Xiaomi investigated and found the phone involved was a counterfeit bought from an "unofficial" channel in China.

Basically it boils down to putting trust in the place you're getting it from and doing homework on the place and the product to make sure it's a legit retailer and product. We're pretty lax when it comes to that stuff in the UK as we have stringent trading standards and what not, but it's something you have to put extra work into when buying from abroad and especially when buying from China, which is the counterfeit capital of the world.

Phone was due to arrive tomorrow... But its just been delivered and is in my hand!!! Redmi Note 2 Prime with 32gb storage.

Now the hard work of restoring my google apps and probably using Nova Laucher miui is just sooooo ios. I want an app drawer!

Back
Top Bottom