**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

It's the same price as the Doogee X5 but doesn't have as good a screen, has a worse front camera and an even smaller battery (1900). Most of the rest of the specs are identical. The only plus i can see is that it's a bit thinner.

yes, doogee x5 is good low-end phone too, compare to doogee, THL doesn't have many improvements in their design or specs, just still like the old phone design.

Posting in the Chinese thread as I don’t really want to spend over £130 on a new phone and my nexus 4 screen has just gone past the point of no return, probably whilst it was flying- after me getting a little too angry due to the multiple dead spots ive been putting up with for 6 months.

So im looking at these phones if anyone has used one of these I would like to hear your advice.

UMI IRON ( quite like the heart rate monitor)
UMI Emax

Or

Wileyfox Swifty??

I've badly damaged my Galaxy S5 a couple of months into my contract and I could do with a replacement.

Elephone P5000
Umi Iron
Ulephone BeTouch2
Wait for the Elephone P9000

or is there another budget smartphone I should be considering?

Don't think i'll be ordering a phone from Gearbest again. Ordered on 3rd Oct when it said dispatch between 3-5 days, it wasn't dispatched until the 23rd. Still hasn't turned up and the only tracking i have is for Netherlands Post which doesn't say anything other than "pre-advised" which just means it's been dispatched from China.

Just taken the plunge and brought an Mi4c. Upgrading from an N4 so should be noticeably faster.

slightly cheaper than an Oneplus x but with a faster CPU but worst screen and no SD card slot.

Just want to experiment with these Chinese phones so going forward I'll know if they are a waste of time or not.

Well I just had an 'over the air' update on my Elephone P6000 pro (release notes just said bug fixes and optimisations). At least Elephone don't just release a phone and forget about any software fixes/updates. Fingers crossed for marshmellow but i very much doubt it.

I have somehow got my Redmi Note 2 stuck in a boot loop.
Currently trying to Fastboot flash the recovery rom following this guide
http://en.miui.com/thread-145555-1-1.html

It's been 600+ seconds and the status is on system.img, should this take so long?

restarted and tried again, done in 134s

hopefully it isn't bricked :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom