**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Really love the Redmi Note 2, I'm not one for spending £500 on a phone I've always had 'budget' ones and I am really impressed with what you get for under £200. Only downside is that it doesn't support O2/Giffgaff 4G.

MIUI is pretty as well, it's a nice balance between Android and IOS.

Thanks Andy!

Looking to buy one of these chinese phones as a spare. Is the redmi note 2 still the one to go for? Dont want to spend over £200.

I read one review on amazon saying they came with some malware browser apps preinstalled? Is there a fresh rom I can flash?

I'd recommend Mi 4C 32gb variant. Solid camera and great build. Soon there should be more aosp based roms

Hi, I picked up a red mi note 2 and every so often its opening web pages to 'offers' and trying to install new apps.. Is there a way to clear all the bloat?

You might want to double-check your hardware using CPU-Z / benchmarking tools to make sure you actually have a legit device.

Xiaomi phones don't come with malware/bloat - so if yours is like that from when you bought it it's likely counterfeit or at the very least the ROM has been messed with.

If the hardware specs check out, I would wipe the whole thing and flash MIUI fresh from the official website.

You might want to double-check your hardware using CPU-Z / benchmarking tools to make sure you actually have a legit device.

Xiaomi phones don't come with malware/bloat - so if yours is like that from when you bought it it's likely counterfeit or at the very least the ROM has been messed with.

If the hardware specs check out, I would wipe the whole thing and flash MIUI fresh from the official website.

Most places do this even the well known ones they flash before they ship this is even mentioned in miui forums with build numbers.

Just do a fresh rom install it's not really difficult you could even try out miui 7 beta

Last edited:
The old Chinese cellphone manufacture THL released maybe their first model this year, THL T6C>>>>http://www.tinydeal.com/thl-t6c-5-ips-mtk6580-quad-core-android-51-3g-phone-px3164b-p-156646.html , seems the best low cost phone recently.

It's the same price as the Doogee X5 but doesn't have as good a screen, has a worse front camera and an even smaller battery (1900). Most of the rest of the specs are identical. The only plus i can see is that it's a bit thinner.

Back
Top Bottom