**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
How's the language on the phone ? My friend has one on order and is a bit worried about the Chinese language and Chinese bloat apps? Im actually considering ordering one too if his turns out to be a bargain :D

Soldato
Xiamoi have a mystery laubch event tomorrow and I'm more interested in the possible mi5 than I have been in any of apples recent events...

Still tempted by mi4c too but If the 5 has a snapdragon 820 for a decent price then would seem daft not too !

Soldato
I think it's almost set in stone that the mi5 will have the new 820 chip. They've been waiting for the release of the 820 ao they can announce the mi5 :D

Associate
Those of you who have 2 sim slots, there is an amazing offer, you can get a free sim from EE and top up £10 and you will get 100GB for 2 months!

I dont get the same speed all the time but this is the highest I ever got

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-ee-sim-for-10-get-100gb-data-for-2-months-2301962#comments

Screenshot_2015_11_24_07_14_23_org_zwanoo_androi.png

Associate
I guess they didnt announce the Mi 5 because the SD 820 is due to release early next year. Would be pointless announcing it early and not available for a good few months

Associate
Only 2-3 months old and I've managed to crack my screen on the xiaomi redmi note 2 :(. Left the living room for 2 minutes and the parrot managed to get a hold of it. She bit down where the ear speaker is at the top and it's made huge cracks all the way down.

Touchscreen is still working 100%, but this is going to annoy the hell out of me.

Shall I buy a lcd screen&digitizer for ~£25 and repair myself? God, this has annoyed me of much.

Soldato
Went for the LeTV One Pro 64GB version in the end. Seems really nice so far :)

Official ROM? I'm using a custom one without some bloat removed and looks more like stock.

I update with the official rom if there is lots of fix's\new stuff. Then I just root again and freeze the Chinese apps with titanium backup.

Soldato
Bought a redmi note 2 for something like £114 quid. To tide me over between broken z3 and something I think is worth paying more coming out .

Rooted it and removed some of the xiaomi apps .

then installed Google now launcher so I never had to get used to miui....

What a phone for the money . build quality is great. Plastic but solid plastic. I guess like the nexus 5 , ie not the bendy creaky plastic of pre metal samsungs. Camera is decent. Feels fast . even get a better signal than any other phone I've had... Work is in a bit of a signal deadspot meaning I've never had 3g at work before in certain places but now sometimes get it

Camera is probably better than z3... Battery isn't as good but is good enough . screen is great. Benchmarks faster than the z3 too

Pretty impressed... Won't think twice about getting a mi5 if it is a decent size and price

Soldato
Just ordered a Redmi Note 3 from Gear Best, but once again it seems to be sitting as 'processing' (I ordered a tablet from them that sat as Processing for 2 weeks until I canceled.)

Any other suggestions of where I should order the 32GB from?

Soldato
Just ordered a Redmi Note 3 from Gear Best, but once again it seems to be sitting as 'processing' (I ordered a tablet from them that sat as Processing for 2 weeks until I canceled.)

Any other suggestions of where I should order the 32GB from?

You could either try banggood, or honorbuy. I know gsmarena often get test models from honorbuy.

And banggood always seem to be rather good. I've recently just bought a torch from them, ordered it, and a day later it shipped.

Gearbest are patchy at best when it comes to shipping out order. My friend had to wait a week before they shipped his Letv 1S. :/ he was moments off cancelling.

Soldato
Thanks, banggood say it's not in stock. Honorbuy have it in stock for £160, so a little more. The grey one is in an EU warehouse apparently.

I've sent a support message to Gearbest, we'll see what they say.

Soldato
Thanks, banggood say it's not in stock. Honorbuy have it in stock for £160, so a little more. The grey one is in an EU warehouse apparently.

I've sent a support message to Gearbest, we'll see what they say.

its a little more expensive i believe because it is in the EU warehouse. atl east you'll get it in a couple of days rather than a couple of weeks :D

you can also get it from shop.gizchina.com, but i think they are the same price as honorbuy.

there is oppomart as well, but i dont know if they're legit or not, ive not heard of many buying from there before.

Back
Top Bottom