**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
So my uncle in Eastern Europe could do with a new phone and it's his 40th birthday coming up. Biggest requirement is that the phone has to be dual sim so naturally makes me think he could do with a nice Chinese branded phone as UK stock is scarce in that respect. He would like a nice camera which isn't hard but one awkward requirement is that he doesn't want a big screen so looking at 4.5" and below.

Wileyfox looked good but screen is already too big for him, Blu Win 4.5 is perfect size wise but would like a better camera and Samsung Mini versions look great too but can't find dual sim easily. Not too familiar with lot of new models coming through so any recommendations would be appreciated.

Soldato
Note 5 is my main device.

Good news if they say shipped. As you say, hopefully everything else is okay!

Redmi Note 3 is now on MM and the LeTV will be going on in the next couple of days :)

Sorry to hear about the burglary, it's a horrible feeling.

They said it shipped and also said it was delivered this morning..... No signature when delivered according to the tracking, and reception had no signs of a delivery.

So, the fun looks to begin shortly unless it's been completely misplaced or delivered to the stores (unlikely!) or even thrown into another address. Hard to do seeing as work is such a large building and half a postcode.

Soldato
Got a honor 7 today, at the moment i'm so so about it, ive put on nova launcher which makes things a bit more familiar but i'm not very convinced by the gpu or the camera, love the look and build, stupidly I thought it had 32gb and sd slot and not the 16gb, which wont be a problem I guess with mm, one thing that is great is the finger print sensor but again I didn't know it didn't have nfc till after id ordered it....... i'll give it a few days to test properly

Soldato
They said it shipped and also said it was delivered this morning..... No signature when delivered according to the tracking, and reception had no signs of a delivery.

So, the fun looks to begin shortly unless it's been completely misplaced or delivered to the stores (unlikely!) or even thrown into another address. Hard to do seeing as work is such a large building and half a postcode.

Oh dear :( Keep us informed! Hopefully it shows up!

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Hi, Can some one help, I ordered Redmi Note 3 from GearBest it was dispatch on January 4th still haven't received it, said 3/7 days.

Whats bugging me the tracking number they gave doesn't work, they said it was for DHL Start with YT with 16 numbers, contacted DHL they said it wasn't there tracking number so I'm confused?. maybe different service if anyone knows? i can try.
I paid for expedited shipping, tracking and insurance too

I contacted GearBest they said they will look into it, told me to wait to 4th February.

Soldato
Well, to be fair, if it says 3 to 7 days, we're only 4 days in if you don't count today yet. Why the panic?

**EDIT** Just watched the Huawei Mate 8 video -

It does look nice, but also it's £470...

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi, Can some one help, I ordered Redmi Note 3 from GearBest it was dispatch on January 4th still haven't received it, said 3/7 days.

Whats bugging me the tracking number they gave doesn't work, they said it was for DHL Start with YT with 16 numbers, contacted DHL they said it wasn't there tracking number so I'm confused?. maybe different service if anyone knows? i can try.

I contacted GearBest they said they will look into it, told me to wait to 4th February.

Try https://www.17track.net/en

Well, to be fair, if it says 3 to 7 days, we're only 4 days in if you don't count today yet. Why the panic?

**EDIT** Just watched the Huawei Mate 8 video -

It does look nice, but also it's £470...

On screen navigation is a no for me. But it does look nice

Soldato

Despite them saying it was dispatched on the 4th I bet that was when they just created the label, chances are it probably wasn't actually sent until the following day at the earliest, had that loads from companies over in the far east

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Thanks for that link, i tried it same problem not found, not sure now, even on DHL website today this tracking number still don't work, how long does it take to activate?.
I guess I'll just play waiting game still it show up, wait still GearBest get back to me.

Thanks for the help

Soldato
I'm on 77.0.11.0 stable. I've tried check for updates but it can not find any.

Been reading a lot on the xioami forums today and been messing about with my phone and noticed a few times people with build numbers starting with 77.x.xx.x being told to reflash with an official ROM as they are vendor ROM's that can have nasties like malware etc in them.

Soldato
I am on Gear Best, I am going to purchase the LEtv 1. It is out of stock in the EU warehouse. Anyone with experience know if I should wait for it to be?
Would I get stung on import duty?

Soldato
The Ulefone Power looks interesting for the money : £118. Getting Android MM and a Huge 6050mAh battery which they say has : 63 hours talk time, 75 day standby time and 4 days "normal use"

Main Features:
Ulefone Power Android 5.1 4G Phablet 5.5 inch 6050mAh MTK6753 64bit 1.3GHz Octa Core 3GB RAM 16GB ROM 13.0MP Camera
Display: 5.5 inch FHD 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Screen
CPU: MTK6753 64bit Octa Core 1.3GHz
System: Android 5.1
RAM + ROM: 3GB RAM + 16GB ROM
Camera: 5.0MP front camera + 13.0MP back camera
Bluetooth: 4.0
GPS: GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Digital Compass
Features: Fingerprint Scanner, OTG, Hotknot, quick charge
SIM Card: Dual SIM dual standby, Micro SIM and Micro SD

Last edited:
Soldato
Been reading a lot on the xioami forums today and been messing about with my phone and noticed a few times people with build numbers starting with 77.x.xx.x being told to reflash with an official ROM as they are vendor ROM's that can have nasties like malware etc in them.

I have figured out how to fix this.

You need to Root the Phone and then use Root Browser to find the Build prob which is located in the System folder. You then edit the file by changing the build number from 77.x.x.x to 7.x.x.x. You then save and reboot the phone and this then allows the phone to update and download the latest official MIUI updates.

Back
Top Bottom