**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Personally I have around 100 apps, but only 10 or so that I use regularly. That's one reason. The other is widgets. Not even having to open an app to interact or give it information is quite handy, or just them showing information (like the time or weather).

Andy I have a question. It's a bit of a odd one but I have just received my Redmi Note 3 32GB with 3gb of ram. It's the same colour as the one you reviewed. The only problem is I'm not 100% sure if its metal it not. When you pick yours up could you tell it was metal right away?

Andy I have a question. It's a bit of a odd one but I have just received my Redmi Note 3 32GB with 3gb of ram. It's the same colour as the one you reviewed. The only problem is I'm not 100% sure if its metal it not. When you pick yours up could you tell it was metal right away?

I think I commented in the unboxing, it does feel a little plastic like still, but maybe as it's a kind of 'soft touch' slightly rough feel.

Sorry, you're right, I did. Now carry on and answer my previous post, as has been said above, I was talking generally about widgets, hence said 'like clock or weather', which I do still stand by as useful widgets :)

Clocks and weather are the only widgets I ever see being used which is probably why you chose them two:p It's good that you use others widgets but I have yet to find any that are genuinely more useful than the app.

Would be cool if Android had the option of completely disabling homescreen/desktop like ios.

Last edited:
So i did the Mi Verification and it came back saying my Redmi Note 3 is original, although my friends Redmi Note 3 in gold does feel colder to the touch than mine does so i'm still convinced mine is plastic. The only problem i have with the phone is the top part of all messages are being cut in half. I have font at Small and i've tried it on medium but the same thing happens. Anyone any ideas?

MsZ2urN.jpg.png

Last edited:
Can you use Hangouts, and make Hangouts your default sms? Personally I like Hangouts, use Gmail for my emails, and Chrome as my browser. I own a Chinese phone, but use a mix of apps and widgets.

So i did the Mi Verification and it came back saying my Redmi Note 3 is original, although my friends Redmi Note 3 in gold does feel colder to the touch than mine does so i'm still convinced mine is plastic. The only problem i have with the phone is the top part of all messages are being cut in half. I have font at Small and i've tried it on medium but the same thing happens. Anyone any ideas?

MsZ2urN.jpg.png

Thought I read that had been fixed in the last developer ROM, are you on a stable release?

That's an odd build number sure it should just be 7.x.x,

My phone came with an eu ROM already flashed to it. So never had to go through the hassle of loading on a custom recovery etc, I just flash the latest developer ROM if a new feature looks good.

Back
Top Bottom