**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
I put the Pixel Experience Plus rom on my Poco F3 256GB phone yesterday, amazed by it, prefer the phone to my Pixel 6.

Wish id done it over a year ago.

Do you still get security updates as normal or do you have to flash the whole phone again?

Tempted to do this now, I've had MIUI for a year and ready for something new. Haven't flashed a phone since my Galaxy S3 days though :D

Soldato
Do you still get security updates as normal or do you have to flash the whole phone again?

Tempted to do this now, I've had MIUI for a year and ready for something new. Haven't flashed a phone since my Galaxy S3 days though :D

Im not sure about the updates, im sure it will be easy to flash again though, i dont think you would wipe anything either.

One good thing about it is google photos, its unlimited uploads from this rom, uploaded a 2 gig album yesterday.

I do have an original pixel for this purpose though!

Soldato
I'm running Evolution X on my Poco F3, it's an android 13 ROM and battery life seems much better than MIUI or any of the Android 12 ROMs i've tried.

Soldato
Those running custom ROM's on the Poco F3.

Do your banking apps still work ok? Any other apps that refuse to work with a rooted phone?

I love my Poco and whilst MIUI is more than useable and on the whole, trouble free, it does have some annoying quirks that I feel would be addressed with a more stock Android ROM.

Soldato
Those running custom ROM's on the Poco F3.

Do your banking apps still work ok? Any other apps that refuse to work with a rooted phone?

I love my Poco and whilst MIUI is more than useable and on the whole, trouble free, it does have some annoying quirks that I feel would be addressed with a more stock Android ROM.

Ive just put my co op, barclaycard and santander app on, all work fine, also nfc works fine.

Soldato
Is there a decent guide you can recommend to flashing a custom ROM on the Poco F3?

Last phone I flashed was a HTC Desire! :eek:

The XDA forums are the best place (IMHO) to research which ROM you want to use and ask for help etc.

You basically need to watch the videos on unlocking the bootloader and then how to flash custom recovery and the ROM of your choice. Some of the info is a little out of date so if any of it is confusing just post in this thread and i'll try and help you out.

Basically the rule(s) to follow is to make sure you use the recommended firmware version (even if that means flashing an older version than the one you currently have) and custom recovery version specified by the dev of whichever ROM you decide to flash.

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked up a Poco M4 Pro 4G for £135 in the recent Prime sale and for the price it's excellent. Lovely display, great battery life, smooth as silk and surprisingly light. Liking it a lot more than the X3 NFC I had before it. Only downside is that the vibration motor makes a tapping sound along side the vibration buzz and it's doing my head in. Wondering if the phone just has a crap motor or if mine is slightly defective. Really cba sending it off as I don't really have a worthwhile spare to use in the meantime now my F1's screen finally bit the bullet :(.

Soldato
My Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro buttons have all but stopped working, but how the hell do you start a warranty request? Got there eventually, hard work.

Last edited:
Soldato
had the Xiaomi mi11 since release so maybe going on 2 years , from china CN version £500 at the time and flashed xiaomi.eu rom on it cant fault it

recently bought Poco F4 was around £265 with the Poco watch and Poco M4 Pro 4G was around £125-£130 for family members and are very impressed with them :)

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom