***The Official Crisp Thread***

Shout out for the free Prawn Crackers that my local Chinese Takeaway does if you spend more than £20. I find the style of prawn crackers varies quite a lot in different places, but the ones my local does are flipping awesome, really light and white and cooked on the premises.

Shout out for the free Prawn Crackers that my local Chinese Takeaway does if you spend more than £20. I find the style of prawn crackers varies quite a lot in different places, but the ones my local does are flipping awesome, really light and white and cooked on the premises.

Aren't Prawn crackers kind of hard to mess up though? Maybe your local is a bit more fastidious with using fresh oil and getting the temperature right.

Last edited:
Some places use obviously bought in pre-made rubbish though, that would be the main distinction. I am actually mildly offended when given a small bag of pre-made crackers they fished out a wholesale box round the back. I will still eat them obviously, but under mock protest.

I find it hard to believe that any normal Chinese takeaway makes prawn crackers from scratch. I’ve been to See Woo (a Chinese wholesaler) a few times and seen so many people buying sacks of them.

A bit like when my dad had a market meat stall and used to buy sacks of pork scratchings from Smithfield. I always got the job of portioning them up in bags

Need to try these!

Lay-s-Sriracha-Flavored-Potato-Chips-2-75-oz_ce8cddf5-0318-47e4-b333-a1e3e6d80e6b_1.1ef777764d475f7781af3b64e40468ac.jpeg

I had 2 packs of those Walkers Pickled Onion earlier and they've burnt the roof of my mouth! :cry:

If you like pickled onion… try these. My word they good.

IMG-0817.jpg

Speaking of Golden Wonder, do you remember these? they're nice too. They've been out for years but someone else made them before iirc.

Can't beat normal Golden Wonder either, their Pickled Onion, Salt and Vinegar and Spring Onion are to die for.

image_f6c44c01-1cfd-4f97-b261-d84af8647294_1024x.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom