***The Official Crisp Thread***

Soldato
If you like pickled onion… try these. My word they good.

IMG-0817.jpg
Never ever seen these, i wonder if these are nice :

Soldato
Aren't Prawn crackers kind of hard to mess up though? Maybe your local is a bit more fastidious with using fresh oil and getting the temperature right.
They're made from little pellets AFAIK, I'd be amazed if any restaurants were dealing with massive sacks of pre-cooked crackers, when they can just lob a handful of pellets into a fryer at the beginning of the shift and be done with it.

Associate
Interesting, McCoys are £2.25p in our local Tesco for a six bag pack, Aldi trip might be beckoning, I prefer the meaty crisps.

Recommended! 150g bag decent price - much better value than the six packs. Although family packs used to be 200-250 not that long ago before the fat tax ********. Profiteering nonsense.

Soldato
OP
Just had some monster munch pickled onion.. how the mighty have fallen. There was literally no seasoning on them. Seriously.

What the most potent pickled onion crisps you’ve tried ??

Soldato
Just had some monster munch pickled onion.. how the mighty have fallen. There was literally no seasoning on them. Seriously.

What the most potent pickled onion crisps you’ve tried ??
aye, monster munch pickled onion don't bleach my lips white like they used to do :( Cant remember the brand but do remember eating a packet of pickled onion crisps in france a couple of years back and they could have stripped paint.....awesome they were though my tongue did not thank me for it!!

Soldato
OP
aye, monster munch pickled onion don't bleach my lips white like they used to do :( Cant remember the brand but do remember eating a packet of pickled onion crisps in france a couple of years back and they could have stripped paint.....awesome they were though my tongue did not thank me for it!!
That’s exactly what I’m looking for ! That paint stripper sort of potency. :D

Associate
Wotsits Crunchy - Flamin Hot

Have tried these a couple of times and are pretty much Flamin hot Nik Naks!!

Refuse to pay £2.50 a bag these days a though!!

I love the cheese ones but supermarkets are taking the mick charging £2.50 for a bag

Soldato
OP
Wotsits Crunchy - Flamin Hot

Have tried these a couple of times and are pretty much Flamin hot Nik Naks!!

Refuse to pay £2.50 a bag these days a though!!
They’re lovely - but I just wish they had a little more zing … or I dunno a bit more flavour. They’re a tad muted.

I recently got a chance to try some Takis. I got the Fuego flavour in the purple bag. Lovely flavour and packs a punch to.

Associate
Sensations Sweet Thai Chili are my fave.
I usually get 6 pack of Prawn cocktail from Asda, much better taste than Walkers.

They’re lovely - but I just wish they had a little more zing … or I dunno a bit more flavour. They’re a tad muted.
I agree with this, do like them though.
I used to like Doritos Chilli Heatwave but they seem to have got less flavour in them these days!

Back
Top Bottom