The official Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP Thread

Associate
BrHume, I'll check and come back to you I can't see any marks but need a closer look

We're going to put the G286H back on a test bench are there any other tests people want run on this? if so send me the relevant links files blah blah!

Last edited:
Soldato
is it safe to Order the 2408WFP Now?

Are the issues Resolved?

is OCUK shipping the latest Revision?

Im going to buy 2 of these for games/office/programming

Last edited:
Associate
To be fair to Overclockers, although it was A00 revision they did send me the 0G286H model. Unfortunately I started dealing with Dell and they sent me the CX268, and then another CX268. As I said earlier in the thread, I really do think that the OG286H I had was better than both the CX268's as far as the input lag problem goes, and colour wise. It just had a scratch :(

I'm currently composing a lovely email with pictures to the customer services guy that has helped me so far showing the glow I have on the left hand side of the screen, and detailing the input lag problem (as stated clearly on Dells own customer forum). He has been pretty good to me so far (called me back on a couple of occasions to see if I was happy), but I'm going to ask him to step up to the mark and personally find me a 2408WFP OG286H A01. If he can't then I want him to escalate my problem until he finds someone that can.

Wish me luck ;)

Soldato
tbh is the input lag noticeable in real world usage? only play games now and again and this seems to be the only issue thats very common

thinking about buying 2 next week from OCUK

Associate
I notice it on my desktop, just moving the mouse and windows around.

Gaming wise, I used to be a regular Cod4 player, loaded it up when I got the new monitor and I couldnt hit a cows backside with a banjo. But then that's probably cos I had a break for a couple of months :p
2 weeks later tho, and I still dont reckon I've come to terms with the delay.

I tell you this tho, playing multiplayer on this screen with my new PC and all the detail turned up to high... it really does look stunning. The 2408 was made to play games !! Well... it would be if they'd send out some 0G286H Rev. A01's.

2 page email has just been sent to Dell. Let's see if I get a decent (any) response.

Associate
The input lag on the 0G286H averages 42 -45ms it will go as high as 64ms

I'd say they are safe to order now as long as your getting 0G286H I didn't get ours through OCUK as they do not stated the model number or REV

The nearest competition is the Hazro but Bear in mind the Hazro is having some major banding problems similar to that reported on the 2407WFP see the thread, also it's 1 year On-site 2nd and 3rd year RTB it's also not next day replacement which is why we prefer the Dell

Brhume we have no marks at all on either screen I've checked in detail you can arrange a replacement through Dell 0844 338 1200 you'll need the serial number and the works order number from the box

Associate
Thank you for your answer Sallermas.

It seems to be difficult to get a 2408 without a quirck :rolleyes:

Anyway, I wish you luck gazzeroo. Dell Tech supports are often very helpful...

Associate
i just got a a01 from dell sent my a00 back they sent me a brand new ocx268with a01 firmware no more pink hue :D oh and it says a01 on the back and the sharpness goes in 10% not 25%

Associate
i just got a a01 from dell sent my a00 back they sent me a brand new ocx268with a01 firmware no more pink hue :D oh and it says a01 on the back and the sharpness goes in 10% not 25%

Don't suppose you have a CRT floating about you could use to do an input lag test do you?

Associate

Great for you !
Could you confirm in which country you're located ?
(UK I guess...)

Associate
Congratulations ik9111. I'd be happy with that.

No reply to my email by the Customer Services chap. Be just my luck he's gone on holiday or been sacked for being too helpful in the past.

Associate
Hi new guy here. :) I've been itching to buy a 2408WFP for quite a while, but luckily I found this thread in the forums before I did. I've been following it for most of the summer, and I really want an A01 monitor.

I've noticed that Overclockers are currently showing no 2408WFPs in stock, every time I've checked, they have shown 10+. Could they be getting in a new shipment of A01s?

Back
Top Bottom