*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Seriously man you need to get out of the house more. If people are posting spoilers in spoiler tags in the official diablo thread then its your own daft fault if you click on them to read.

:rolleyes:

Read the original post before climbing on your high horse. Huge story spoilers let loose on the Internet. I think most people would rather avoid them.

We've used spoiler threads here for years to discuss story things separately thanks.

Soldato
Game, had a load of points there so Diablo 3 didn't seem like a bad choice at £20. That and I didn't want to lose my points when they started their administration and took the site etc off-line.

Soldato
Woot, good news! Discrepancy on some paperwork has delayed the move till next week. So I don't have to mess around with re-directing the order, nor will I almost certainly be without internet access and have to wait before I can even play it.

Soldato
A question for those in the know:

My boss has calculated that with Gems and traits and minions, that he can use the 'Spikes' passive effect to dish out literally 10s - 100s of thousands of damage. Arguably that's not till lower level, but all of his pets (witch doctor) would benefit from the effect and would gain ridiculous amounts of health. The gems on the official site show +1800 damage with spikes (multiplied by damage modifiers from skills/traits) - how is this going to work? In PVP or even in-game, he'll be able to sit back as his pets deal ridiculous amounts of damage and heal for massive amounts too. I wouldn't be able to hit him or even do a single AoE without taking something like 100k damage.

Is he correct? I'm sure Blizzard would nerf it very quickly, but at the moment there doesn't seem to be a reason to play any other class than Witch Doctor other than for different kinds of attacks/abilities - the Witch Doctor is basically Godmode.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
My Tesco order has said that since I placed it a month back... ?

I find Tesco's order tracking to always be behind what is actually happening.

Every pre-order i've had with them has turned up early, and then either that day or the day after I get an email saying my order is on the way :D

Associate
For anyone that still would like to get there hand on a CE. I have just ordered one from shopto. I couldnt actually add the pre-order to my basket for some reason but I just phoned them and they did it for me. I also spoke to the guy on the phone and he said they would stop taking pre-order when they run out of product so everyone who preorders now should get one

Associate
Don't suppose they mentioned when it was shipping? [/has had a CE ordered from shopto for months] :)

Actually he did, he said they had already started to process some of the orders and they would be doing most of them over the weekend ready for sending out on Monday I would imagine. At least with shopto you get the £5 off next order if its not with you on delivery day.

Associate
Game, had a load of points there so Diablo 3 didn't seem like a bad choice at £20. That and I didn't want to lose my points when they started their administration and took the site etc off-line.

I pre-ordered from there as well. I have been charged but it still says unshipped on my track orders page :o.

For anyone that still would like to get there hand on a CE. I have just ordered one from shopto. I couldnt actually add the pre-order to my basket for some reason but I just phoned them and they did it for me. I also spoke to the guy on the phone and he said they would stop taking pre-order when they run out of product so everyone who preorders now should get one

I had the same problem at first until I read the part on the Diablo 3 CE page where it said you need to have a confirmed mobile phone number on your account to order hardware or something.

Associate
Can you back that up?

all i can see is blizzard trying to make us think that we know the story and that they will throw in twists and turns that no one knows or even possibly expects?

the only parts we have seen that are going to be in game and part of the story are the endless gameplay videos (doesn't really show anything to do with story?) and like the 3 minutes of teasers/trailers of some of the cinematics. that's hardly the whole story :p

Google-fu skills will show you plenty of story spoilers :p

A question for those in the know:

My boss has calculated that with Gems and traits and minions, that he can use the 'Spikes' passive effect to dish out literally 10s - 100s of thousands of damage. Arguably that's not till lower level, but all of his pets (witch doctor) would benefit from the effect and would gain ridiculous amounts of health. The gems on the official site show +1800 damage with spikes (multiplied by damage modifiers from skills/traits) - how is this going to work? In PVP or even in-game, he'll be able to sit back as his pets deal ridiculous amounts of damage and heal for massive amounts too. I wouldn't be able to hit him or even do a single AoE without taking something like 100k damage.

Is he correct? I'm sure Blizzard would nerf it very quickly, but at the moment there doesn't seem to be a reason to play any other class than Witch Doctor other than for different kinds of attacks/abilities - the Witch Doctor is basically Godmode.

If it's anything like the paladin aura in D2, it will have no effect on players. That said, pvp isn't implemented yet so nobody will know for sure until Blizz get the arenas in.

Associate
on the shopto website it does say that you will be charged the price at shipping and that price might be less that the advertised price but never more so at least if you are willing to pay a little more at the start you might saving in the end and like you said you get free shipping. I ordered my wow CE from amazon and it failed to turn up on time but I did get a £6 refund becuase it was cheaper than I had already paid.

Soldato
If it's anything like the paladin aura in D2, it will have no effect on players. That said, pvp isn't implemented yet so nobody will know for sure until Blizz get the arenas in.

Well I had another look and it says Melee Attackers, not only that but to get the highest level gem, it'd take a ridiculous amount of time anyway.

Decided to pre-purchase so I can play on Monday and then I might just overwrite the copy with the CE and sell on the code they give back to me. Or I'll just sell the CE, but I want to see how those wings look before I do. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom