*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
I am a complete Diablo noob but I keep hearing about this game via various sources. I have barely played an MMO or anything before but quite fancy getting stuck into a new game.
Can someone explain to me why I should be excited about it? What is the gameplay about? what does it offer? How does it work mostly, I have played a little bit of WoW and I don't really get the PVP stuff etc.. Like I say I am a complete novice to MMO's!

While it's not an MMO it has the same feeling while also being a completely great single-player game. It revolves around the story and getting those shiny items and also beating the game on varying difficulty levels.

It's a hack'n'slash dungeon crawler with drop-in co-op play. That sums it up the best IMO.

::: HAs anyone seen the PvP Arena vids of D3? They look so fun XD

Associate
I am a complete Diablo noob but I keep hearing about this game via various sources. I have barely played an MMO or anything before but quite fancy getting stuck into a new game.
Can someone explain to me why I should be excited about it? What is the gameplay about? what does it offer? How does it work mostly, I have played a little bit of WoW and I don't really get the PVP stuff etc.. Like I say I am a complete novice to MMO's!

Although it is online and can be multiplayer, it isnt actually an MMO.

If you arent sure if its for you, Id recommend checking out some youtube videos of the gameplay and see if its the kind of game you would like.

As a D1 and D2 vet I can tell you it isnt the most cerebral game you will ever play, but it is a lot of fun! :cool:

Soldato
I can highly recommend Path of Exile if your itching for some Diablo fun. I played it last night after not touching it for months and its brilliant. The quest side could be better but the hack n slash, items , skills .... are very like Diablo.

Diablo and Exile should keep us going for months.

Free open BETA this weekend.

Soldato
I still think that if I'm paying £69.99 for the most expensive version of the game, pre-ordered as early as possible, I should get all the content, however small.

Getting closed beta access was also luck of the draw, so it's pretty unfair IMO.

Soldato
I still think that if I'm paying £69.99 for the most expensive version of the game, pre-ordered as early as possible, I should get all the content, however small.

Getting closed beta access was also luck of the draw, so it's pretty unfair IMO.

The feat of strength is just a mark on their profile to say they were in the beta, it doesn't even count for any achievement points, and the sigil is the same, but can be put on their banner. :confused:

It's barely content, and it's hardly like the beta players are going to get any advantage or anything out of it. It's a few squiggles they can put on a flag, and I bet most won't even use it.

Permabanned

You need to sit down and realize your feeling of self-entitlement is a crock of ****.

After all, mostly it was a luck of the draw but it also had some basis. They would pull in people with the hardware specs they needed to test and also from different locations.

You're telling me Blizz are in the wrong for thanking them with something that won't change the game in any way, shape or form.

Caporegime
Blizz are hardly the first to put things like that in, pretty sure I got a t-shirt for being in the Halo Reach beta or something. It's just a tiny little bonus that doesn't affect gameplay.

Soldato
It does look quite cool I like the look of the landscapes and the fighting/battles seem fun as well.
What is the idea behind it though? Like what is the objective?

Permabanned
It does look quite cool I like the look of the landscapes and the fighting/battles seem fun as well.

I've not played Diablo 1/2 but it has a whole storyline and lore surrounding it (Like all of Blizz's great games). It's basically fighting demons, stopping them from taking over the world i think.

Caporegime
Well it's a story. The objective is to finish the adventure :p

Gameplay wise it's a levelling and loot collecting game. The objective is to get bigger and shiner weapons and armour :)

Soldato

There's a story you follow through the game. As for gameplay...

Kill monsters, get gear, kill boss, get more gear, kill harder monsters, get better gear, kill harder boss, get more better gear.

Repeat until the end of time. :p

Caporegime
Where is the best place to preorder this? I use to use gameplay but well we know how that went :( What are Amazon like for preorders?

I'd use Shop.to (in fact I am) They're usually cheapest if not pretty close and they're delivery record is perfect for me (always day of release or earlier, usually earlier)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom