*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
There's massive spoilers being posted on sites in the form of cinematic screen grabs apparently. If people want to discuss them, can they make a new thread please. :o

It's only 5 days left, and most are using spoiler tags, i don't think it should need a whole new thread for 5 days worth of waiting :confused:

I'm really annoyed that they're giving something to people who got into the beta.

Why? it's just for a banner that you only see when you call it (lasts around 4 seconds) and in the middle of towns.

I've not played Diablo 1/2 but it has a whole storyline and lore surrounding it (Like all of Blizz's great games). It's basically fighting demons, stopping them from taking over the world i think.

Pretty much, but it's so much more than that and it has one of the best storys/lore there is for a game. imo

No fair!!

My amazon order hasn't moved at all since i placed it :mad:

Amazon wont ship until monday. but if you paid for first class delivery they said you would get it on the 15th. so i'm guessing most amazon buyers wont get to play at server opening time and will have to wait an extra few hours :p

doesn't bother me as i'll be working either way lol

Last edited:
Soldato
It's only 5 days left, and most are using spoiler tags, i don't think it should need a whole new thread for 5 days worth of waiting :confused:

Is it such a problem to have it? :confused: Why are you so opposed every time it's mentioned exactly?

Most of the big story games on here have a separate thread for story/spoiler screenshots/discussion to allow people to freely chat about the story without needing the spoiler tags. Why shouldn't D3?

Even after the games out I don't think people want to be bombarded with potential spoilers in the first few days of playing the game. And I'm sure ither people will want to discuss the bosses and post screenshots...

It's three seconds and a bit of courtesy. Not much really. :confused:

Soldato
Is it such a problem to have it? :confused: Why are you so opposed every time it's mentioned exactly?

Most of the big story games on here have a separate thread for story/spoiler screenshots/discussion to allow people to freely chat about the story without needing the spoiler tags. Why shouldn't D3?

Even after the games out I don't think people want to be bombarded with potential spoilers in the first few days of playing the game. And I'm sure ither people will want to discuss the bosses and post screenshots...

Never said, or ever implied that i am opposed to it, I just don't see what's wrong with spoiler tags for 5 days lol they are there why not use them?, when like you say people will want to post things up about the game, or there own progression potentially having "spoilers" that some might not want to see then yeah i'll be all for a D3 spoiler thread. there is nothing to spoil yet really since no one here has been through the entire game:confused:

it's all speculation, which as a courtesy I and others have tagged anyway (apart from that HP fiasco :p)... i dunno maybe everyone has a different meaning on the word "spoiler" ? who knows...

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
As mentioned, "Feats of Strength" is just a category of achievement that adds no achievement points and basically used for trivial things like "logging into Diablo on it's 7th birthday". It does nothing more than to say "I was in closed beta" which you can't deny whether you're given some achievement or not.

Soldato
Never said, or ever implied that i am opposed to it, I just don't see what's wrong with spoiler tags they are there why not use them?, when like you say people will want to post things up about the game, or there own progression potentially having "spoilers" that some might not want to see then yeah i'll be all for a D3 spoiler thread. there is nothing to spoil yet really since no one here has been through the entire game:confused:

it's all speculation, which as a courtesy I and others have tagged anyway (apart from that HP fiasco :p)... i dunno maybe everyone has a different meaning on the word "spoiler" ? who knows...

:rolleyes:

Have one back. :rolleyes:

We've had spoiler threads for ages here and they do the job fine.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/search.php?searchid=15470471

As I mentioned in my first post on this. Massive spoilers in the form of cinematic screen grabs have made their way onto the net apparently. I was just suggesting that if people that weren't bothered by spoilers wanted to discuss them, they might want to make a spoiler/story thread early. Someone agreed with it, but fortunately it seems that no-one has wanted to look.

I don't get what your problem with it and/or me is. If you want to take it further I suggest you trust mail me as I've no interest in disrupting the thread again.

Soldato
Have one back. :rolleyes:

We've had spoiler threads for ages here and they do the job fine.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/search.php?searchid=15470471

As I mentioned in my first post on this. Massive spoilers in the form of cinematic screen grabs have made their way onto the net apparently. I was just suggesting that if people that weren't bothered by spoilers wanted to discuss them, they might want to make a spoiler/story thread early. Someone agreed with it, but fortunately it seems that no-one has wanted to look.

I don't get what your problem with it and/or me is. If you want to take it further I suggest you trust mail me as I've no interest in disrupting the thread again.

I have no problem with you at all lol, just to save argument and embarrassment i shall post anything that is specific to story or speculation in a spoiler thread instead ;)

Maybe no one wants to look because there are no "spoilers" yet? i just think the differences on what a spoiler actually is to people has caused a bit of confusion here.

It's all good though it will be used soon only a few days to go until someone speed runs the game and posts everything anyway :p

Associate
I have no problem with you at all lol, just to save argument and embarrassment i shall post anything that is specific to story or speculation in a spoiler thread instead ;)

Maybe no one wants to look because there are no "spoilers" yet? i just think the differences on what a spoiler actually is to people has caused a bit of confusion here.

It's all good though it will be used soon only a few days to go until someone speed runs the game and posts everything anyway :p

How wrong you are :p. Pretty much everything about the story has been revealed now.

Associate
How wrong you are :p. Pretty much everything about the story has been revealed now.

I dont know any of the D3 story aside from the opening cinematic - havent bothered to look and I dont want it spoiled.

In any event this spoiler discussion is boring, lets get back to pre release excitement.

I still cant decide between Wizard and DH as 1st char! :p

Soldato
I have no problem with you at all lol, just to save argument and embarrassment i shall post anything that is specific to story or speculation there instead ;)

That's good to know. :)

My first post was completely related to the huge spoilers that were posted this morning around the net, some of the Diablo fan sites are saying they're the biggest spoilers yet and putting massive warnings with links to them. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Same! -_- I don't think it's going to get here until Tuesday morning which = Tuesday Lunchtime cos the postman is a lazy sod.

I dont think the local postman takes your Diablo 3 preorder into account when hes deciding on his post route :p

I wont be able to play mine until Friday evening at the earliest(or the Friday after if im unlucky), so you will still be playing it before me.

Permabanned
I dont think the local postman takes your Diablo 3 preorder into account when hes deciding on his post route :p

I wont be able to play mine until Friday evening at the earliest(or the Friday after if im unlucky), so you will still be playing it before me.

I bet he does when he has to lug around the huge CE box XD

Haha jokes on him ;)

Soldato

Can you back that up?

all i can see is blizzard trying to make us think that we know the story and that they will throw in twists and turns that no one knows or even possibly expects?

the only parts we have seen that are going to be in game and part of the story are the endless gameplay videos (doesn't really show anything to do with story?) and like the 3 minutes of teasers/trailers of some of the cinematics. that's hardly the whole story :p

Soldato
No But the CE has shipped in some places, the Behind the scenes Dvd/blu ray has every Cinematic in game on it ;)

Well that's different then lol, that's people actually spoiling it for themselves and others potentially :p

I was going say it would be mighty brave (and stupid) of blizzard to tell the story to one of the most anticipated games ever created via trailers/teasers :D

Associate

Seriously man you need to get out of the house more. If people are posting spoilers in spoiler tags in the official diablo thread then its your own daft fault if you click on them to read.

Soldato
Seriously man you need to get out of the house more. If people are posting spoilers in spoiler tags in the official diablo thread then its your own daft fault if you click on them to read.

It was just a miss understanding of peoples regards to what they feel a spoiler was, no harm done :)

let's just all get along, and take it out on Diablo :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom