*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Anyone had their "Diablo III Limited Edition Hardcover" guide from Amazon yet? My order is just sitting there with no ETA and Amazon are showing as no stock atm, yet it is supposed to be released today. Just wondering if I ordered it too late and that pre-ordered copies have been shipped already?

I buy a lot of game guides, mainly for fighting games because of frama data etc etc they're pretty useful. You wouldn't believe how much this happens, not once have I had an online retailer get a guide to my doorstep on day of release it's normally a day or 2 after. I actually ordered my LE guide from GAME, it was dispatched on Saturday afternoon so I was kind of hoping to see it this morning but no joy..my game did arrive though. I'll be fully expecting it tomorrow morning, hope yours is dispatched soon.

Soldato
Still nothing from tesco, although I had a dispatched email on Saturday evening. Am I the only one that hasn't received his pre-order copy from tesco yet? I'm starting to worry :(

I would not worry just yet,mine was despatched from GAME last Thursday and I'm still waiting for it to arrive,hoping it arrives sometime in the afternoon(can only hope).

Associate
Hmm some angry people on Metacritic.....some saying they completed it in 3-4 hours!

thats either a lie or thats incredibly short for a game that took 10 years to make!

Soldato
It's been mentioned a fair bit.

I'm wondering what's causing it. Thinking it might be a graphics option, if I put everything to low it doesn't happen as much, but I shouldn't need to put any option on low on my PC.

i5 2500
8GB DDR3
5850 1GB

I looked on the diablo 3 EU forums and people with much better graphics cards are getting micro stutter to. Weird issue. Hopefully it does get resolved soon.

Associate
What a POS the installer is from DVD just gets to 5% and nothing else happens!

To say I am ****ed of it an understatment !

EDIT: Actually went to delete what it had installed but the files seemsed to be there and it runs ok, just crappy installed on Blizzards part

Last edited:
Associate
noob alert but started playing it last night (finally logged in about midnight) was playing coop with the gf in a DH/WD combo was great fun.

Kept accidentally clicking to move to mobs as a ranged rather than targeting them, but then i learned the shift+click and now the world seems so much brighter :D

Lovin it so far

Yeah the shift clicking thing sure is handy, makes the gameplay a lot easier!

Associate
Hmm some angry people on Metacritic.....some saying they completed it in 3-4 hours!

thats either a lie or thats incredibly short for a game that took 10 years to make!

Even if these people are saying they've completed Normal in 4 hours, which can probably be done by rushing a group through (I have no idea, not that far yet), Normal difficulty is the warm up level in Diablo games.

Yes, you're essentially repeating the acts under harder circumstances, but this is the point, it's harder, and the rewards are better, and your character is growing. I wont have considered to have finished the game until I've taken the final boss down in the hardest difficulty. And even then, that's where farming boss mobs for equipment starts, making your character more capable & effective.

Associate
Has anyone else managed to post on the Diablo 3 official forums? I have my old WoW characters from which It's trying to post from, but none of them have any subscription left, thus i cannot post. Surely now that I have a D3 account and character made, I can switch to that and post under my D3 char?

Soldato
Longest day at work ever! Have received confirmation that my CE is waiting at home (I knew Amazon wouldn't fail me), and it's just made the day slow to a crawl.

Associate
My Amazon CE is still "Dispatching Soon" "Delivery Estimate: Tuesday 15 May 2012"

Yeah good one Amazon, please sort it out. It's either been dispatched, or the delivery estimate is broken!!

And judging by the "Sorry but your order has been delayed" email i got this morning at 01:30 I dont think I'll be getting my CE today :(

Note to self, never use Amazon for pre-orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom