*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Loads of different sites are giving away keys, when I said how did you get one I was more referring to the site used etc.

I think he is talking about computerandvideogames.com

They are said to have tons of keys to give away. They gave away like 3 on twitter, and then every hour on facebook (then changed to every 30 min) a little app in the page counts down to the hour or half past. then it reloads and returns a web page not responding error or just load for a min then start counting down again. if you are luck you will get a button to obtain a key, which has a 90% chance of taking you to a page that isn't responding.

When I first read about the giveaway I thought it was cool, a UK gaming news type site I didn't know about. But after the pathetic way they have handled giving away these keys (and it is not like they didn't have plenty of time in advance to sort this out) I have no interest in their site at all. Blizzard should give keys directly to users, or to gaming websites who have a clue as to how to correctly run a competition/giveaway. These people were just making it up as they go along with tons of issues.

Man of Honour
I agree entirely Dist, I tried for a few hours to get a key, but gave up in the end. I won't be trying from cvg for the remainder of the days. In this day and age they really shouldn't be using the watch and refresh this website method to have a key giveaway at all, it is primitive, unprofessional and shoddy. It should be done by having an application period and then selected by a random draw. As it is currently, cvg are just using this method purely to get people following their Twitter and Facebook pages.

Associate
Had to laugh yesterday they posted a key on twitter with one digit\character Star'ed out then told everyone to try the different combinations to guess it lol they swiftly took it down when people reminded them that they could get their Battlenet accounts banned for not correctly inputting keys.

Soldato
really? idiots...

I been looking forward to D3 ever since i completed D2 (and wasted a few years on the MP) but now it's been so long i don't think it will be as good, and now even blizzard are saying they know fans are going to be dissapointed to a certain degree.

just crazy. i HOPE that we get a game equal to its predecessor otherwise all this time would have been a waste, and another fail for the game industry :(

Soldato
now even blizzard are saying they know fans are going to be dissapointed to a certain degree.

I don't think they meant it like that. They're saying that the die hard fans that want an exact D2 clone won't be happy. It's a different game to two, the game play isn't going to be identical like some people are going to want.

They're not saying fans are going to be disapointed with the quality of the game. It's still going to be made up to the usual Blizzard no compromise standard. It's just not going to be the game that some hardcore D2 players want.

Soldato
even blizzard are saying they know fans are going to be dissapointed to a certain degree.just crazy. i HOPE that we get a game equal to its predecessor otherwise all this time would have been a waste, and another fail for the game industry :(

I imagine Blizzard are alluding to the fact that everyone who considers themselves a "Diablo Fan" will be wearing rose tinted spectacles as thick as milk bottle bottoms, nothing they do will please these people. The game will be good, that is almost guaranteed, however it won't matter, something will be removed or somehow different and the "fans" will cry themselves to sleep at night regardless.

Associate
The gameplay looks too much like the previous for it to interest me.

I don't mind that its not like the market is saturated with diablo clones [sarcasm]... o wait thats why its similar to the previous one because it is diablo. [/sarcasm]

I'd be less interested if they turned it into a fps like devs seem to atm ala syndicate and xcom.

Soldato
LoL, that giveaway on CVG still makes me laugh. First they was imcompetent enough that they could potential get accounts banned (or perhaps just the legit version of the key I'm not sure) by getting people to spam in wrong codes until they figure out the missing letter. And now their main key giveaway every hour on facebook has been paused because they only just realised that bots have been grabbing up all the keys (the giveaway was an app in facebook that counts down to the hour, then loads a button, first 11 people to click the button and successfully load the next page got a key. The timer was over out by 5 seconds or more, meaning if you had a slightly lagged timer all keys were always gone).

Is it too much to ask for that blizzard only give sets of keys out to magazines/gaming sites that have some sense in these matters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom