*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
amazon.com != amazon.co.uk
.com and .de have had pre-orders up for ages. co.uk only has it listed but still as unavailable - signed up for a notification for when they do start taking pre-orders but that's about as far as you can get.

Soldato
GAME are going under dude. If they haven't taken any money pre-order else where.

.... Whut?

While retail sales are on the decline, I've seen nothing to say that game are going to belly under and won't be able to fulfil pre-orders within the next year. Especially their online division which is separate to the bricks and mortar shops.

Associate
.... Whut?

While retail sales are on the decline, I've seen nothing to say that game are going to belly under and won't be able to fulfil pre-orders within the next year. Especially their online division which is separate to the bricks and mortar shops.

They've shutdown gameplay, 35 stores are going, they have trouble with their credit, preoders of Ubisoft console games have been cancelled and it wasn't because of stock shortage. They are in trouble and they aren't seperate. It's not the end yet, but it hasn't been looking good for them.

Seen many news stories about them for weeks now including this from yesterday: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-28-what-would-happen-if-game-died

Soldato
They've shutdown gameplay, 35 stores are going, they have trouble with their credit, preoders of Ubisoft console games have been cancelled and it wasn't because of stock shortage. They are in trouble and they aren't seperate. It's not the end yet, but it hasn't been looking good for them.

Seen many news stories about them for weeks now including this from yesterday: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-28-what-would-happen-if-game-died

Everyone knows its coming but closing stores certainly isn't a sign of the end times. The last thread we had on the matter had lots of people (myself included) saying that GAME is probably run by complete idiots and you could tell that because of the close proximity of stores they have. Its really not uncommon for them to have 2 stores within a few 100m of each other and shutting 1 of them down is the logical choice that should've been done years ago.

Associate
Its really not uncommon for them to have 2 stores within a few 100m of each other and shutting 1 of them down is the logical choice that should've been done years ago.

I'm sure I read during the whole Game/Gamestation merger thing that they weren't allowed to close the stores down. I know it got cleared by the Office of Fair Trading but I'm sure somewhere I read that it was written down they couldn't close down a Game or Gamestation that was near another store they owned. It sounds silly, but I could have sworn I read it. Maybe I imagined the whole thing and I just realised I'm still in the Diablo 3 thread, I'll hush now. ;)

Soldato
If game is on its way out, is there any other UK store that you can get the collectors edition from? The last time I looked Amazon didn't have it.

Soldato
If game is on its way out, is there any other UK store that you can get the collectors edition from? The last time I looked Amazon didn't have it.

Amazon have a page up, but it's not available for preorder yet. I'd have thought it would be soon though.

Game aren't going belly up this year, regardless of speculation and scare mongering though. I severly doubt you'd have problems if you did pre-order D3 from them.

Soldato
Amazon have a page up, but it's not available for preorder yet. I'd have thought it would be soon though.

Game aren't going belly up this year, regardless of speculation and scare mongering though. I severly doubt you'd have problems if you did pre-order D3 from them.

When they owe their suppliers 295m and their share price are at 5p, I doubt they'll last very long. Especially since their shares dropped 15% after the EA announcement.

Unless there is some syndicate intervention and they funnel more money into gmg but I doubt at this stage in the game. It's going to be an interesting time for video gamers everywhere though.

Soldato
They just lost EAs support. You still sure they'll make it through the year?

My understanding is that Game have refused to stock EA titles, not for EA to refuse to supply them.

Dumb idea or not, it was an internal decision at game at any rate.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/leaked-memo-details-game-ea-rift/091953

Maybe I'm being a massive optimist. I just don't see them disappearing over night. I'd be amazed if they don't at the very least limp to the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom