*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
One thing i do like about this game, is the random dungeon map generator. I am not sure if its different each time on the same character, but when you play a different character the dungeon lay outs change. Pretty cool!

that's been a core feature of all Diablo games :p @Speed, aren't you a bit full of yourself...your request is in no way plausible. Battle.net accounts tend to have card details saved - wow players - and are guarded by authenticators. To let you access the account the safeguard would have to be taken down opening it up to hacking attacks. Scam, or not you didn't think your request over very well.

Soldato
I don't see what the problem is, I'm a well known person on these forums with stupid amounts of feedback. If NZXT30 doesn't feel that I'm trustworthy enough then fair enough I'll accept what he says but theres no need to jump on the "I'm trying to scam him" badwagon or what ever.

If the roles were reversed and I had beta access, wasn't using it anymore and someone well known on the forums came along asking nicely for access I'd gladly help them out. Yes maybe I wouldn't provide my Steam login details as there are hundreds of games on that but Battle.net just has the one.

What band wagon?

I wouldn't care how much feedback someone that was still a complete stranger had. I wouldn't be sharing accounts with my games on with them for love nor money.

Soldato
Ultimately I asked a favour of someone, if they don't wish to help that's their decision and I'll respect that. My request is perfectly reasonable, credit card details are encrypted so I wouldn't be able to access that anyways, the guy my request was directed to doesnt appear to be a WoW user so its a non-issue. So yes, I've thought it through just fine thanks!

I'm not full of myself, feedback is a good indicator of how trustworthy someone is. I've done a huge amount of deals here and I've helped many people out just because I was in a position to and my friendly request is just that, a favour. At the end of the day, I'm not asking any of you who've replied so I don't see why you are taking it upon yourselves to have a go. I'm also not the first person to ask in this thread and I won't be the last.

People seem extremely cynical on these forums, I just want to try out the Beta for a couple of hours and then the user of the account can reset the password. It's not the end of the world as we know it, just one forum user helping another. Is that so foreign that we must always go to the extreme negative and point out the worst in people?!

Like I say, if you don't wish to help that's fine, hopefully someone will come along that will and I'd be extremely grateful to them for the chance to test out a game I've been looking forward to for years now.

Associate
Ultimately I asked a favour of someone, if they don't wish to help that's their decision and I'll respect that. My request is perfectly reasonable, credit card details are encrypted so I wouldn't be able to access that anyways, the guy my request was directed to doesnt appear to be a WoW user so its a non-issue. So yes, I've thought it through just fine thanks!

Except prior to him saying he's got only sc2 attached to it, you had no idea what games he had on his battle.net account. In other words you were willing to risk the safety of his account just so you could play the beta of a game that's highly likely to be released within the next couple of months.

I'm not full of myself, feedback is a good indicator of how trustworthy someone is.

Say what you want but it all means nothing at the end of the day. You are a stranger. He doesn't know how secure your PC is. In other words you were asking him to take quite the leap of faith.

At the end of the day, I'm not asking any of you who've replied so I don't see why you are taking it upon yourselves to have a go. I'm also not the first person to ask in this thread and I won't be the last.

Not having a go as such - just trying to show you, how unrealistic your request was. hopefully it will stop others from asking the same question.

It's not the end of the world as we know it, just one forum user helping another.

Helping is one thing, asking access to something that can potentially have adverse financial consequences is something totally different.

Like I say, if you don't wish to help that's fine, hopefully someone will come along that will and I'd be extremely grateful to them for the chance to test out a game I've been looking forward to for years now.

Or, like the rest of us, you can sit and wait patiently? The vast majority of us have been waiting just as long but we don't ask others to share their battle.net details.

Soldato
http://www.mmorpgitalia.it/site/content.php?3417-Diablo-III-Fuori-il-17-Aprile!

(Google Translation)

Activision has revealed Italy to several large retailers Italian release date, some yet to be confirmed at the world average by Blizzard but rather than trust, of Diablo III . This would be the April 17, and prices are now set at € 54.90 for the standard edition and € 89.90 for the Collector.

Since the source is the Italian branch of the same publisher, I would say that after Easter to all the fans who are eagerly awaiting the release of the game will be more than positive. The rest of the dungeon crawler par excellence is almost ready for some time, and the latest statements have been conducted to art to increase even more hype.

Soldato
Except prior to him saying he's got only sc2 attached to it, you had no idea what games he had on his battle.net account. In other words you were willing to risk the safety of his account just so you could play the beta of a game that's highly likely to be released within the next couple of months.

The first post I saw he stated that he had SCII on his account, so I knew that from the very start. This is his decision not yours to make for him, you word it like I'm trying to cause his account harm or that I'm forcing him to do something. I'm not, it was a simple request, he says no and I'm fine with that, life goes on.

I'm not a WoW player, never will be but to me a Blizzard account, just like my Steam account is just the value of the games on there, for me with Blizzard that is just StarCraft 2, easily replaceable. I'm aware this isn't the same for all but at the end of the day that is something for them to answer, not you to assume.

Say what you want but it all means nothing at the end of the day. You are a stranger. He doesn't know how secure your PC is. In other words you were asking him to take quite the leap of faith.

The feedback system works well in the MM, this isn't eBay remember. Maybe it means nothing to you but it means plenty to me. If I'm going to send £200 to someone I've never met for a piece of hardware I'd rather deal with someone who had 100 good comments than zero, the same goes for anything of value. Yes you shouldn't let your guard down because of feedback, but it does help gauge what people are like and how smoothly a deal will go. Again, his leap of faith not yours.

I'd hate to live like you, you seem so very fearful of every little thing. Hell I've been screwed over a few times online, but I've learnt from it and I haven't let that colour my charitable nature, the way I was raised. Some may look at that as being foolish, but I'd rather be the type that goes out of their way to help people that the type that shuns every request out of fear that something bad "may" happen to them.

Not having a go as such - just trying to show you, how unrealistic your request was. hopefully it will stop others from asking the same question.

Call it what you want, you seem intent on making me or anyone else on these forums fearful that if they do something nice that it will be rewarded with fraud or worse. That isn't good for the community. Yes there is nothing wrong with being cautious but that shouldn't stop you from trying to help where you can, especially if you are in a better position to do so that those you are trying to help.

How is it unrealistic, just because you guard your account like a prized work of art does not make it so. Of course it won't stop people asking, people want to play this game, not everyone will get a beta key you do the math.

Helping is one thing, asking access to something that can potentially have adverse financial consequences is something totally different.

Oh and what "potentially have adverse financial consequences" are those? An account with a single video game linked to is some how going to allow me to empty his bank account? Maybe I could sell his address and e-mail for a few quid? You are just scare mongering and you know it.

Or alternatively and this may surprise you but more likely, I could just be a trustworthy person who will do what he says and then thank the person afterwards. A person with no ill-will or evil intentions, who knew they existed!?

Or, like the rest of us, you can sit and wait patiently? The vast majority of us have been waiting just as long but we don't ask others to share their battle.net details.

I don't do patient well, I've been trying to get ahold of a key for a while now. Again if the roles were reversed and who knows they may well be if I get a key in the next few days I'm happy to lend my account to people on here if they'd be interested. That is my decision and "risk" to take, but to give people an insight to a game that is so eagerly anticipated, I'm happy to do so for the simple pleasure it can bring.

Well that is good news if it is true, April seems to be banded about quite a lot now, lets hope it is a firm date. :D

Soldato
Why are you taking this as a personal insult? There are a whole host of reasons for never sharing your online accounts with anyone. Chief of which is, no matter how trustworthy someone may appear to be, you cannot know.

I'm not, some of the points Cat_In_Pyjamas makes are valid I just completely disagree with the way he is "informing" everyone and making me out to be the bad guy. He could have easily provided this info without insulting me, but he chose not to and I take issue with that.

Yes we all know to use common sense in these situations, that goes without saying. Lets just draw a line under this and move on, I asked for a favour, if anyone wants to take me up on that I'd be very grateful and Cat_In_Pyjamas has explained the risks.

Moving on...

Just found this rather useful list of some of the fansites giving away keys, sure someone will find it useful: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3389170450?page=1

Soldato
Speed - Who do you bank with? Can I try out your account for a few hours ;)

Joking. Anyway - They don't seem to be giving too many beta invites away currently? :(

Soldato
Sure, theres no Diablo III beta in it though, so its worthless! :( ;) :p

Yeah a lot of the fan sites seem to be going through a silly amount of keys though. Wonder how many they've been given.

Soldato
I spent hours on diablo 2, with bloody bt internet freecall cutting me off every two hours!

/Oh the joys of dial up days :) I think I'm going to be hated when the new one comes out :)

Associate
The first post I saw he stated that he had SCII on his account, so I knew that from the very start. This is his decision not yours to make for him, you word it like I'm trying to cause his account harm or that I'm forcing him to do something. I'm not, it was a simple request, he says no and I'm fine with that, life goes on.

Nitpicking here, but you did ask the general question of 'can anybody give me access to their account' before the one person stated it was his SC2 account as well.

I'm not a WoW player, never will be but to me a Blizzard account, just like my Steam account is just the value of the games on there

For you maybe, for gold farmers battle.net accounts are far more valuable. Granted this one account didn't have WoW attached to it, but a gold farmer could easily set one up, having hacked access to it via your or the original computer.

Call it what you want, you seem intent on making me or anyone else on these forums fearful that if they do something nice that it will be rewarded with fraud or worse.

Actually - my whole point is, even if you don't commit fraud, someone else may use the opportunity of the account being unprotected by the authenticator and cause serious damage. I don't mean to offend (please don't take it that way) but to educate.

How is it unrealistic, just because you guard your account like a prized work of art does not make it so.

Ok here's the gist - battle net account can be used to withdraw funds from paypal. Who is to say that his paypal account isn't on a different email to his battle.net account or, worse still, uses the same password?

Oh and what "potentially have adverse financial consequences" are those?

See above. Damage potential will go up once D3 and the RMAH go live.

Or alternatively and this may surprise you but more likely, I could just be a trustworthy person who will do what he says and then thank the person afterwards. A person with no ill-will or evil intentions, who knew they existed!?

Again - nothing against you. But once the security of his account goes down, it becomes open game to hacking attempts - not from you, but people who actually make profits from such activity.

Well that is good news if it is true, April seems to be banded about quite a lot now, lets hope it is a firm date. :D

Much as I'd love to start celebrating, I'll hold out until Blizzard officially announce that (potentially during GDC next week). We already had a release date announced by a retailer and look how that turned out ;).

Soldato
nvidia announces kepler gpus on March 12 running diablo 3 at 120 fps 3D mode shipping with a bundled copy of the game. it all makes sense now

Soldato
GAME

troll-face1.jpg

It just had to be done at least once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom