*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Soldato
Haha yeah I've seen that... But a lot of people have said grim dawn is better. Couldn't decide hence why I'm thinking D3 again...

Recently picked up Titan quest again as I saw they released an add on last week (atlantis, my favourite mythology) and that's just crazy... Games like 15 years old... Can you imagine if blizzard did an expansion for D2? Haha

God dammit so many choices nowadays.

Grim Dawn is the spiritual successor of Titan Quest and yes, it's quite good. That being said, POE is in a league of its own, the D2 formula was perfected to the point that one can safely say the game is one of the best ever made. There's not much you can ask for from an ARPG that POE does not offer.

Associate
I've been looking at some vids and man still can't decide...Some people say PoE, some GD... Can tell either one if I enjoy it is gonna be an ABSOLUTE time sink. haha i remember when D2 came out, it was summer holidays in school... I took a sofa chair from downstairs, set up desk and pretty much sat there for the whole 2 months haha.

Think I'm just gonna buy reaper of souls, and hope I don't find it too boring if it's too easy...

So all you guys play online? You all use chat?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys. Been thinking of getting back into Diablo again, 2 was my fav ever, but after finishing 3 not long after it came out I was furious at how ridiculously easy it was... I think I died maybe twice throughout the entire game.

I've heard it's better now, what are your thoughts? Worth jumping back into? It's possible to make it more difficult like diablo 2 now?
I never got the add on (reaper of souls or whatever it was called).
What difficulty did you play it on? I think the default is "Normal" which is the easiest. There are I think ~20 difficulty levels now. One of the higher ones might do the trick.

Associate
What difficulty did you play it on? I think the default is "Normal" which is the easiest. There are I think ~20 difficulty levels now. One of the higher ones might do the trick.

20?! Wow... Yeah never used to be like that.

If I remember, the only way you could play on anything other than normal was to finish the game. Then you unlock the next difficulty, then you have to finish that to unlock the next.
Problem me and my Bro had was by the time we'd unlock the next difficulty, our characters had obviously leveled up.

Can you adjust the difficulty on the fly? I think that would be best.

Soldato
20?! Wow... Yeah never used to be like that.

If I remember, the only way you could play on anything other than normal was to finish the game. Then you unlock the next difficulty, then you have to finish that to unlock the next.
Problem me and my Bro had was by the time we'd unlock the next difficulty, our characters had obviously leveled up.

Can you adjust the difficulty on the fly? I think that would be best.
Not sure about story mode, but in adventure mode you can turn the difficulty down on the fly, but not up.

Associate
If you're a D2 fan, forget about D3 and try the true D2 successor, Path of Exile.

Path of Exile is not a successor to D2. Path of Exile is more in kin with D3 than D2, both of which are no successor. PoE is lacking in AI, all mobs move straight to target and use abilities at set distance while you dart about and game relays very heavily on high spikes of damage resulting in the need for health/shield/resistance buffering above all else. The game may be an arpg but it just doesn't have the feel of D2.

Associate
Ask clan to power level through T6 (highest you can at lv 1) in adventure. Then you can get difficulty ramped up in rifts for tokens and go higher in GR rifts. Rifts go to T16 these days and GR way beyond. Im on late very late. Good Luck.

Soldato
Grim Dawn is the spiritual successor of Titan Quest and yes, it's quite good. That being said, POE is in a league of its own, the D2 formula was perfected to the point that one can safely say the game is one of the best ever made. There's not much you can ask for from an ARPG that POE does not offer.

A camera view you can zoom out with more. Kills the entire game for me.

Associate
I started with Zuni WD and my god its squishy, not really a fan of it at all, I should have stuck with monk.

After seeing how powerful the Vyrs set is this season I think I will be levelling a wizard today!

Back
Top Bottom