***** The Official Division Thread *****

Associate
Picked this up on the cheap, really enjoying it so far! Its certainly a game that make more sense the more you play it - to me at least anyway.

Is the post story/end game really broken?

Man of Honour
In my opinion, yes. The most enjoyable part of the game (by a huge distance) was doing all the main and side missions and getting up to max level. Nothing I have done since then has been anywhere close to that enjoyable. In fact, despite owning the season pass, I have now deleted the game from my PS4, which is a sign of how broken I feel it is.

However, I did absolutely play the hell out of the game to start with, and I went in with very high expectations. As a latecomer, you may find the end game far more enjoyable than I did, so it's certainly worth sticking with IMO.

jpm

jpm

Associate
Picked this up on the cheap, really enjoying it so far! Its certainly a game that make more sense the more you play it - to me at least anyway.

Is the post story/end game really broken?

You're on my friend's list so when you hit 30 and want to get some decent gear give us a shout.

I play mostly Underground (now the delta errors have stopped) its ok and the missions are randomly generated.
I agree with the post above I did enjoy it more playing the main campaign, Started it again with a alt character that I made to get around the delta errors.

Soldato
The DZ was superb at the start. Fighting aide by side random people not in your group with the unknown threat of any of them turning on you was great. The high stakes with going rogue meant the decision to do so wasn't taken lightly.
Now it's purely shoot on sight and a cod game with squads of 4 who live forever.

Associate
You're on my friend's list so when you hit 30 and want to get some decent gear give us a shout.

I play mostly Underground (now the delta errors have stopped) its ok and the missions are randomly generated.
I agree with the post above I did enjoy it more playing the main campaign, Started it again with a alt character that I made to get around the delta errors.

Will do buddy, cheers!

Soldato
So 1.4 officially drops today. Servers currently down for maintenance and deployment of the patch I presume. Really looking forward to it.
I only play 5 or so hours a week so not fully min / maxed so not suffered as the more hard core have. Really looking forward to seeing the changes, loved this game from the start.

Any other agents jumping back in this week?

Associate
Yeah i'm going to give it a go, the changes sound good, just way too late unfortuntley. So many good games around at the moment, it will have to be something special to get me hooked again.

I will keep an eye out for the next dlc though thats more likely to get me playing again properly.

Associate
Yup I jumped back in last night for a few hours. Having watched vids from SkillUp and Arekzz 1.4 is meant to be a game changer.

Well my experience was not good. Currently gear score 204 ish but I stayed in world tier 3 (180 - 202 approx). Well I was getting humped left, right and centre :( I couldn't even complete the most easy daily HVT using every consumable I had lol

Time to kill for me was not good. I'll have another go today but probably just continue with Destiny :(

Associate
I'll jump on this afternoon / tonight if anyone fancies giving it another blast. I jumped on for 30 mins last night, got to 199 gear score and sacked it after I got owned trying to complete the first mission on underground.

PSN ID is fringe_element. I have mic etc so can sink a few hours in to it or jump onto Destiny if Division is still a let down.

Soldato
Erm... good question! Anyone still playing?

I only jumped on board at the very end of 1.2, so most of my time has been under 1.3 - Pretty much the same experience you'll see everywhere; Levelling to 30 was good fun but after that it was very poor. I got to around 230GS mostly through the help of underground caches, but it still wasn't exactly an enjoyable experience, and the amount of time you had to invest to max builds was way more than I had. Relying on caches for 268 gear was also painfully slow if not impossible to get a build you wanted.

1.4 is like playing a different game so far. Sure, if you're a very experienced player who can spend hours on it you'll likely hit the ceiling too quickly, but for casuals like me it's improved immeasurably. Have only spent a couple of evenings on it since it came out but I've already been able to try more gear set combos than in a month of playing 1.3. I don't need to drop 3 mags into enemies anymore either. And the AI is better, though perhaps a little 'rushy'. I can solo the named enemies in tier 4 and that was with my so-so 1.3 build, the good parts of which were completely nerfed in 1.4. I imagine they will tone back the loot drops a touch so I'd jump on and get whilst the getting is good!

Soldato
I only jumped on board at the very end of 1.2, so most of my time has been under 1.3 - Pretty much the same experience you'll see everywhere; Levelling to 30 was good fun but after that it was very poor. I got to around 230GS mostly through the help of underground caches, but it still wasn't exactly an enjoyable experience, and the amount of time you had to invest to max builds was way more than I had. Relying on caches for 268 gear was also painfully slow if not impossible to get a build you wanted.

1.4 is like playing a different game so far. Sure, if you're a very experienced player who can spend hours on it you'll likely hit the ceiling too quickly, but for casuals like me it's improved immeasurably. Have only spent a couple of evenings on it since it came out but I've already been able to try more gear set combos than in a month of playing 1.3. I don't need to drop 3 mags into enemies anymore either. And the AI is better, though perhaps a little 'rushy'. I can solo the named enemies in tier 4 and that was with my so-so 1.3 build, the good parts of which were completely nerfed in 1.4. I imagine they will tone back the loot drops a touch so I'd jump on and get whilst the getting is good!

This.

Loving 1.4.

With some fine tuning to weapons and armor rework and they have nailed it.

Shame there wasn't DLC to go along with the patch.

Soldato
I'm good waiting in the DLC in all honesty, there's so much that's different it's a brand new experience now. In the interim, we can all regear up lol.

Massive have done a great job rescuing the game with 1.4.

Soldato
I'm good waiting in the DLC in all honesty, there's so much that's different it's a brand new experience now. In the interim, we can all regear up lol.

Massive have done a great job rescuing the game with 1.4.

The game is fun now instead of a disappointing grind.

Easy to get sets but there just more now to min max.

Loving firecrest. Not the best set but its so much fun.

Soldato
This might be a stupid question but how do i access the dark zone? I am level 7 now

There is a dark zone for level 1-14 players - It's actually a mission on your list IIRC, 'Discover the Dark Zone' or something like that. Just select it and it will take you to the nearest checkpoint for the lowest level DZ, then you go to a bit in the middle and voila.

Back
Top Bottom