***** The Official Division Thread *****

Soldato
I dont see why the ps4 couldnt do this? have you seen the infamous second song gameplay demonstration? It looks pretty close to this if not as good....like somone else said the spec of the ps4 is comparable to that of a very high end pc because you cant compare them like for like and i see no reason why it wont look as good on the ps4. Just look at what the ps3 could do with 500mb of ram lol.

Anyways this was by far the most impressive game at e3 for me it looks like so much fun and i can imagine it would be a blast with friends.

Soldato
[ui]ICEMAN;24445064 said:
Just out of interest, do you think they make these games ON the console using a controller? Where do you think they're coded and made? ;)

Yeah but surely you code the game for that specific console, its not going to be a case of "Ive written millions of lines of code for the playstation version, now to get started on the xbox" *Ctrl C, Ctrl V, Rename to XBOX VERSION* "DONE!"

Surely the PC will require different coding?

Soldato
I dont see why the ps4 couldnt do this? have you seen the infamous second song gameplay demonstration? It looks pretty close to this if not as good....like somone else said the spec of the ps4 is comparable to that of a very high end pc because you cant compare them like for like and i see no reason why it wont look as good on the ps4. Just look at what the ps3 could do with 500mb of ram lol.

Anyways this was by far the most impressive game at e3 for me it looks like so much fun and i can imagine it would be a blast with friends.

comparable to a very high PC spec????

the fact there's been no confirmation it was running on PS4 sums it up IMO.

BF4 has been confirmed to be running at 60 fps and 64 players on next gen consoles. there's been no indication of what resolution it will be running at. if it was 1080p it would have been mentioned along with 64 players and 60 fps.

notice they only mention the positives and no negatives?

if the division was running on PS4 they would have said so without a doubt. the fact they've said nothing raises my suspicions even further.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah but surely you code the game for that specific console, its not going to be a case of "Ive written millions of lines of code for the playstation version, now to get started on the xbox" *Ctrl C, Ctrl V* "DONE!"

It IS coded for each console using a dev kit on a PC. It can run through the dev kit on the PC but not as a PC game. This is not to say that in this instance the game was being played on a PC but more to illustrate the fact that it is possible and indeed has been done in the past at many shows.

Soldato
Yeah but surely you code the game for that specific console, its not going to be a case of "Ive written millions of lines of code for the playstation version, now to get started on the xbox" *Ctrl C, Ctrl V, Rename to XBOX VERSION* "DONE!"

not really, given the fact the new consoles are PC architecture.

Soldato

BF4 has been confirmed to be running at 60 fps and 64 players on next gen consoles. there's been no indication of what resolution it will be running at. if it was 1080p it would have been mentioned along with 64 players and 60 fps.

if the division was running on PS4 they would have said so without a doubt. the fact they've said nothing raises my suspicions even further.

Of course it is comparable... Not like for like as a ps4 is a closed unit and they can get so much more out of that than you could with an equal spec on a PC. Like i said look at what they could get out of 500mb of ram on the ps3 with games like the last god of war and uncharted ect.

Soldato
[ui]ICEMAN;24445128 said:
It IS coded for each console using a dev kit on a PC. It can run through the dev kit on the PC but not as a PC game. This is not to say that in this instance the game was being played on a PC but more to illustrate the fact that it is possible and indeed has been done in the past at many shows.

Ahh get you now, ta :)

Soldato

notice they only mention the positives and no negatives?

It will be comparable to a high end PC at launch, we all know consoles get the absolute most out of the hardware.

Also I thought you said that you were leaving this thread?

Soldato
Yeah, I was pretty impressed with it. The map is such a simple idea, yet I've never seen it done like that before, and it's those little things (along with the car door which I also noticed in the video) that shows this game has masses of attention to detail. That bodes well. Looking forward to this.

the thing about the car door is, i know that its not a natural event if that makes sense. it obviously has to be programmed in but i feel like they might show that off a lot, as an animation as opposed to the world knowing exactly whats going on. im awful at explaining stuff. i completely understand why. would just love it to get to that point of awesomeness

Soldato
^ it wasnt a radar. it was one of their mates who dropped in to help them ( youll notice it says tablet next to his name ) well at least i presume it was a mate. at first i thought it was all AI but now i think its meant to be people playing with each other.

any way, this. looks. *******. awesome. must play. and if it is people that can help. im well up for that. like in the flat with your mates. they can sort of co op help you while you play and vice versa when you pass controllers :)

Soldato
^ it wasnt a radar. it was one of their mates who dropped in to help them ( youll notice it says tablet next to his name ) well at least i presume it was a mate. at first i thought it was all AI but now i think its meant to be people playing with each other.

I think he meant when the guy was able to see through the walls and see the heat sources from the enemies inside, rather than the other player flying about.

Stupid question but was the dialogue human players playing co op or ai controlled players with a script?

Co-Op players, but I can safely assume they had a script, nobody is that coordinated and organized in real life :p

Soldato
I'm confused about how this game will work. Is it going to be a MMORPG like WoW - multiple servers and each server has a player limit? You'll run specific missions, level up and bump into other players along the way? The PvP battle at the end wasn't a "matchmade" fight if that makes sense, it was exactly like an open world RPG on the PC where players can gank you etc.

Soldato
i did.

came back.

So leave and don't come back. You're adding nothing of value, other than hear say and guess work. And negativity where there need be none.

Chances are yes, it was running a DEV PS4, which would be a PC...yes. Using a PS4 pad. but everything that's come from your mouth in this thread is just blatant PC elitism, and it doesnt belong here. Especially considering everything you've said is unfounded.

Post up when you have facts, until then stop polluting the thread, and let it stay on topic. As the game looks immense!!

I definitely think the game was playing on a script. Co-op team mates, and the drone too. Then NPCs in the building. It looked brilliant, and I cant wait.

Associate
Ia this due to be a release day game? Everything I have seen so far for ps4 looks to be a big atep up but I'm impatient and want everything if not now at least on release!!

I have never been fussed on cutting edge gfx but the gameplay looks very organic and non linear which gets me excited. Now combine that with impressive visuals and it certainly seems too good to be true.

Wasnt really a fan of infamous so even the tasty visuals dont wet my appetite. Drivers club could be goos but the physics on the car need to right otherwise it doesnt matter about the fancy social elements.

Any other launch titles that I should be aware of as the Divison has certainly got my attention!

Back
Top Bottom