***** The Official Division Thread *****

Man of Honour
No everybody is different, I get it! =) The game looks incredible to me, the setting, the gameplay, didn't see much I didn't like. I wonder how big the world is going to be, I know it's set in NY but Manhattan itself is massive and they said they were going to 'head over there' later in the demo.

From the overhead map at the end it seemed it was the entiriety of Manhatten, with Brooklyn and Queens as well. Manhatten itself is huge (and after being there 3 times I'd love the chance to walk it in game), but adding in Brooklyn and Queens just makes it absolutely massive. If they model the city properly, including all the major landmarks, the gameworld could be nothing short of incredible.

Soldato
That's exactly what I was thinking, I went there on honeymoon and walking around possibly seeing some of the same stuff I seen in person would be amazing. Brooklyn is even bigger than Manhattan, I've never been to Queens but even with Manhattan and Brooklyn alone that's a lot of ground to cover.

Soldato
Fraid so. This kind of stuff worries me; just my make-up I guess. I don't worry about much else and appreciate the drunken driver scenario you mention.

But the complete helplessness you would feel should this occur as you watch family and friends succumb to a new pathogen is my approximation is the worst nightmare I can imagine. Believe it or not I am not a crazy, but this just touches a nerve for me.

Anyway - thread de-railed (no more than the tech argument did though lol). someone bring it back on course!

Then surely if it worries you so much then YOU MUST play the game, so you can get tips and see what to do when the pandemic does hit? this game could save your life :D:D:D

Associate
Then surely if it worries you so much then YOU MUST play the game, so you can get tips and see what to do when the pandemic does hit? this game could save your life :D:D:D

For the states yea - guns coming out of their ears. UK? where do I find an assault rifle?................................ okay central Birmingham (up the road). Fair play. :D

Caporegime
ibuag5S81OM6f4.gif

That looks incredible :eek:.

Any more information on this game? I enjoyed the video at E3, would like to know more.

Soldato
This for me personally stole the show. Everything about it left me intrigued and wanting to know more. I had already seen snippets of BF4 and Watch Dogs but this I didn't know anything about until E3.

Will be keeping an eye on this for sure.

Associate
little article from jostiq here: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06/14/e3-2013-the-division-ubisofts-mmo-shooter/

Ubisoft's claim that its new MMO shooter The Division will have a "persistent world" piqued Massively's collective interest. At E3, we chatted briefly with Game Director Ryan Bernard, who has previously worked on EverQuest, EverQuest 2, and Warhammer Online. I asked what about the game and its persistent nature would appeal to MMO players and was told that actually, the team doesn't plan to make it "too persistent" at all. Each player will have his own little chunk of the world. Everything in that part of the world is persistent for him, and his friends can come over and help him out, kind of like Animal Crossing without the talking tanuki. The developers believe this will allow for a strong single-player experience while still having a visible impact on the player's slice of the world. There are places in the world that are persistent for everyone: the PvP areas. You won't want to travel around them without friends, but unfortunately, Bernard couldn't reveal more.

The game is being released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, but Ubisoft hasn't ruled out other platforms or cross-platform play just yet.

Back
Top Bottom