***** The Official Division Thread *****

Associate
I can now do daily assignments etc and have done a few past couple of days but to do certain targets im miffed that its locked me out cause i dont have All intel etc, its just a bore collecting them when half of what it tells you is complete ******** and boring to listen to.

If you mean the High Value Target missions from the vendors in the security wing, it's a different intel.

Go to any other safe house (not the Base of Operations) and look at the situation board. If you've done all the side missions, you can pick up search and destroy missions - completing them gives you the intel you need.

Soldato
this game confuses me completely.

out of the 4 or 5 240 items i got last night i ended up equipping only a 163 kneepad to boost stats.

QkrPQtgh.png.jpg

Soldato
Dude, you're an absolute tank! Haha! I think i need more Xbox one friends as all mine don't really play division anymore... I went in the DZ last night on my own and got hammered over and over again. Some high level rogue guys were just circling the lower end of the DZ killing anyone they came across.

Soldato
Dude, you're an absolute tank! Haha! I think i need more Xbox one friends as all mine don't really play division anymore... I went in the DZ last night on my own and got hammered over and over again. Some high level rogue guys were just circling the lower end of the DZ killing anyone they came across.

more of an average build to be honest. would like more skill and about 100k more toughness

Soldato
more of an average build to be honest. would like more skill and about 100k more toughness

Really?! You've got 180K fire arms on me and about 200K toughness... I'm level 30 and 37. Do i just have pants gear? or are you setting your stats differently? I.e. i go for critical hit chance and damage where possible as that seems to be most noticeable when actually playing. However my 150K toughness is telling in a firefight as i seem to get downed quite quickly.

Associate
this game confuses me completely.

out of the 4 or 5 240 items i got last night i ended up equipping only a 163 kneepad to boost stats.

I know what you mean. I don't grind enough to replace my current gear and when I get pieces that could be an upgrade they would need about 3 stats to be re-rolled to get any benefit.

Currently running 3x Hunters Call and 2x Striker, 217K DPS, 280K Toughness and 12K Skill with some standard gloves (just can't roll Savage with CHC and CHD!) so I can hold my own. Guess I just have to keep praying to RNGesus although I think I used up all favour with him in Destiny! :D

Soldato
Really?! You've got 180K fire arms on me and about 200K toughness... I'm level 30 and 37. Do i just have pants gear? or are you setting your stats differently? I.e. i go for critical hit chance and damage where possible as that seems to be most noticeable when actually playing. However my 150K toughness is telling in a firefight as i seem to get downed quite quickly.

dps number is a lie. its over inflated due to reckless vest and brutal on gun. easily i would say this is 50k of (fake stats) maybe more.

toughness is king, get your armor to 75% thats really the key everyone should be going for tbh.

i dont bother looking at crit hit damage etc. the things i look to do is unlock gun talents and keep armor and toughness as high as possible.

i think im running 74.89% armor

i go down like a sack of potatoes in the dz, but my job in a group is to kill, their job is to keep me alive. solo i have no chance.

the vest im running with reckless (which now its not broken can be a hindrance) i receive 10% more incoming damage which doesnt trade off well vs the 13% crit damage which also comes with reckless i just havent found a decent vest yet.

Associate
Doesn't reckless give you a 13% boost to overall damage vs 10% more incoming? Although when when you're getting spanked by high level NPCs in the DZ or CM Incursions you're probably at a net loss knowing this game! lol!

Soldato
Doesn't reckless give you a 13% boost to overall damage vs 10% more incoming? Although when when you're getting spanked by high level NPCs in the DZ or CM Incursions you're probably at a net loss knowing this game! lol!

yeah thats it. but still its 10% more incoming damage.

Soldato
Okay so i finished the "story" missions last night, i was level 30 before i finished them and had done many encounters / side missions still have a fair few left, Anyway am i the only one who felt "wow thats poor"

I know the game is all about loot etc but to not really get any ending or a cut scene nadda nothing was abit of a let down?

I can now do daily assignments etc and have done a few past couple of days but to do certain targets im miffed that its locked me out cause i dont have All intel etc, its just a bore collecting them when half of what it tells you is complete ******** and boring to listen to.

I do enjoy this game mainly when in a group but im just wondering am i only one who feels this way?

The storyline was tripe really, some people in this thread seemed convinced prior to launch that The Division would have a deep, meaningful and rich narrative tying it all together. I imagine they've gone rather quiet about that now they've played it.

Soldato
dps number is a lie. its over inflated due to reckless vest and brutal on gun. easily i would say this is 50k of (fake stats) maybe more.

toughness is king, get your armor to 75% thats really the key everyone should be going for tbh.

i dont bother looking at crit hit damage etc. the things i look to do is unlock gun talents and keep armor and toughness as high as possible.

i think im running 74.89% armor

i go down like a sack of potatoes in the dz, but my job in a group is to kill, their job is to keep me alive. solo i have no chance.

the vest im running with reckless (which now its not broken can be a hindrance) i receive 10% more incoming damage which doesnt trade off well vs the 13% crit damage which also comes with reckless i just havent found a decent vest yet.

So i went to look at trying to increase my armour last night, turns out I've recalibrated nearly all my gear at some point and am now locked into certain categories so i cant do it...:(:o However I've managed to get my stats up to 170k/180k/14k. So its going up, just not quite comfortable yet.

I also got the patch last night too which seems to have fixed the issues i was having.

Associate
I thought the story was real **** too. Then again Destiny which this game gets compared to a lot was hardly the pinnacle of story telling. :D

I found it was the Intel collectables that really made the story, the little storys within the greater scheme of things gave the world depth. I collected all of them as I leveled up and loved it.

Soldato
I found it was the Intel collectables that really made the story, the little storys within the greater scheme of things gave the world depth. I collected all of them as I leveled up and loved it.

Its funny you mention those actually as you are right they did give you a lot more in depth story telling. The only issue is people aren't really forced to go and find them and feel the benefit of this. I've near enough cleared the left and bottom portions of the map of all intel (Plus done all the missions) but when i get match made with random peoples instances most of them have countless missions still to complete and intel everywhere!

Caporegime
just a mini rant because I had to whinge somewhere. But what a horrible night in the darkzone i had tonight. Got put into a zone with a group of complete *****s. I would try and keep out of their way and just go about farming the NPCs, but they would literally gank me on sight. There was a group of them as well meaning no matter how hard I fought I always died. Running away didn't do much good either. they were the sort that were willing to chase me the entire width of the DZ, up and down through DZ01 and DZ02 for about 5 minutes, with them the rogue status and chasing me without any loot FFS.

I eventually got a green sealed cache with a set piece in it. Went and found an empty extraction and went to extract it. Another dude was with me. At about 10 seconds to go they turned up and killed me just as I was putting it on the rope and they ran off with it.

In the end I gave in and just swapped dark zones but why do people feel the need to be such **** heads ?

Also, it turns out 75% damage mitigation and 100k + health doesn't make you that tanky at all. The NPCs in DZ03 + still wreck you and in PVP you still can't put up a fight against groups as you still die quickly. And because you've sacrificed so much firepower for stamina, you can't really damage them faster than they can damage you. Seems DPS is best is still true when it comes to PVP. lord knows how people manage 1 v 4 scenarios and win.

Last edited:
Soldato
So did the group search from the Hub as someone linked from Redditch earlier and managed to get four 240 set pieces and a couple of new weapons. Down to 180k DPS but u got 410k toughness and armour cap met so a lot tougher.

Back
Top Bottom