***The Official Dying Light 2 thread***

It looks... fine. Just fine. It sadly is coming in at the wrong time though, what with CK3 Royal Court on its way in 5 days, and also a banging new Path of Exile league starting tomorrow. That's to say nothing of the big releases on consoles (HFW, ER, etc). And of course the eagerly awaited CP2077 DLC & update is also on its way probably near the end of the month, and the ACV big expansion in March. Sadly the hype for DL2 is not really there, but seeing the reception now I guess it makes sense why they didn't do a big marketing push after all.

Think I'll just wait for a deep discount and maybe they'll even come to their senses and put it on GOG, like they did for the first one. I almost entirely avoid giving money away to these companies when they control the end-product so strictly.

Guess they'll have to live in CDPR's shadow a while longer still. :p

Could not give a rats what the likes of IGN and Gamespot say. I give much more weight to SkillUp and ACG personally.

"an easy recommend" according to Skillup

And ACG liked it but couldnt give it a rating because his version didnt have the co-op mode and he felt he couldnt rate it without that mode

"an easy recommend" according to Skillup

And ACG liked it but couldnt give it a rating because his version didnt have the co-op mode and he felt he couldnt rate it without that mode

Excellent. It is what I thought then. Looking forward to it. I am sure it will be slightly better with the day 1 patch.

I won’t bother watching them as don’t want any spoilers.

After looking at various reviews last night, it seems we have more of the same (DL1) however Zombie density has been greatly reduced. The storyline is either superb, or absolute trash depending on whom you believe and it apparently goes on for far too long. Core combat mechanics seem to be all there in spades too.

Most of these reviews will be running pre-production builds that have the bugs in and they don't play the game properly as we would as they have a review to write. Unless I can get it cheap, I think I'll hold off until I build me a new rig or until I find out more about performance from the players.

After looking at various reviews last night, it seems we have more of the same (DL1) however Zombie density has been greatly reduced. The storyline is either superb, or absolute trash depending on whom you believe and it apparently goes on for far too long. Core combat mechanics seem to be all there in spades too.

Most of these reviews will be running pre-production builds that have the bugs in and they don't play the game properly as we would as they have a review to write. Unless I can get it cheap, I think I'll hold off until I build me a new rig or until I find out more about performance from the players.
Will let you know soon. But with specs to run the game being so high, waiting until a new pc build might not be a bad idea. The plus side being it will be more polished by then and cheaper.

For me I enjoyed the first game quite a bit, so I want more of the same now and don’t want to wait. Already waited enough with all the delays.

Crazy how the price sky rocketed on CDKeys. I got it for £25.99 from them only a couple of months ago, now they are charging £39.99! :cry:

This is why I feel it pays to pre-order on PC if you intend to play around release time. In most cases you get plenty info before release date to just cancel your pre-order for a full refund if you are not happy.

Crazy how the price sky rocketed on CDKeys. I got it for £25.99 from them only a couple of months ago, now they are charging £39.99! :cry:

This is why I feel it pays to pre-order on PC if you intend to play around release time. In most cases you get plenty info before release date to just cancel your pre-order for a full refund if you are not happy.
Can’t wait for the user reviews to hit cheers.

The first game was amongst my favourite zombie games and I probably have just under a thousand hours logged. Just when things couldn’t get worse The Following arrived and terrified me even more with those nests.

I just hope the second game builds upon those scares because from scant footage I saw in reviews, I saw mostly human footage and encampments.

The price on cdkeys is insane but I suppose that’s the norm. I did see it for £25 a while back but I foolishly held off.

I really want to buy this but denuvo being added so late has made me a bit cautious - I think I'll wait for the dust to settle.

Well, thats the plan but I loved the first one so much I wouldnt be surprised if I'm too weak to hold off lol :(

The price on cdkeys is insane but I suppose that’s the norm. I did see it for £25 a while back but I foolishly held off.
Surprised you did considering how much time you put into the original and how much you enjoyed it. I only completed it once single player and once played co-op for a few hours. Total time spent pretty sure was under 100 hours, probably half that but need to take a look.

Surprised you did considering how much time you put into the original and how much you enjoyed it.
I’m at that age now where bills, shopping, household stuff takes precedence over games now and it sucks :(

Co-op (I played 4P iirc) was the best thing about DL and the only real reason I put so much time in. Last weekend I returned to the game and loaded up my last savegame but it was hard going, even with my golden weapons (whatever gold items were). Once I figured how how to use that grapple hook, parkouring became less of a thing and I remember saying it was just too OP.

Hope that Day1 patch fixes a lot folks, enjoy!

I'm thinking the performance is in part down to Denuvo being used. I suspect we will see a decent uplift once it's removed down the line as I cannot see any reason why the frames are as low as being shown. I mean even with RT since RT isn't used on all surfaces but only mostly vertical by the sounds of things watching earlier reviews with the rest of the effects being good quality screen space.

Back
Top Bottom