***The Official Dying Light 2 thread***

Soldato
Email from CDKeys - "We will shortly be refunding your purchase of Dying Light 2 Deluxe because we can’t complete your order at this time.

This doesn’t happen very often, but unfortunately today is one of those days where we can’t get enough keys"

Never heard of that happening before ... Anyone else had that?

***Just seen the other posts above so not just me!!***

Guess the regular version is the one to go for then although prices are rising now so the 5% off they've offered me as an apology might not do much!

Man of Honour
Metacritic current average is 78% which is pretty average.

If it's under 80% in generally it's pretty mediocre.

Another 7/10

No idea who Inverse.com are, never heard of them so I wont pay their review much attention, metacritic is a little more interesting though but yeah talking about IGN, I just dont pay much attention to their reviews these days because IGNs review policy seems to be if in doubt, give it a 7. The sheer number of games they give a 7 to is astonishing. Largely diminishes the worth of their ratings imo. I still think that the best way to judge a game is by player feedback post release...just look at all the pre release hype and scores surrounding the likes of Cyberpunk and New World (and how many people still play new world 4 months later lol), so I'll wait to see what the gamers themselves say, lets face it, it wouldnt be the first time that official reviews have given a game a lower score only for gamers to then highly rate it (and vice versa)

Caporegime
Looking rather ok to me so far

https://www.benchmark.pl/testy_i_recenzje/dying-light-2-recenzja.html

Initially, I approached Dying Light 2 for business purposes - this is another game to test the performance of graphics cards (I invite you to the article on this topic that will appear soon). As a standard, I started looking for suitable test places that would put a heavy load on the graphics card or processor. And that was the last time my family saw me… Dying Light 2 is one of the most interesting and polished games I have played in recent years!

The PC version I had the pleasure to play before the premiere was basically completely bug and glitch-free

At first sight, I was also charmed by the graphics, even though it is quite uneven. It is a true mastery in terms of art and the amount of details of the world, slightly overshadowed by very low-quality textures (although the game still consumes 12 GB of vRAM on the RTX 3080 Ti ...). I also have to praise this title for its great implementation of ray tracing - although the focus here is mainly on shadows and lighting (similar to the latest Metro), it greatly boosts the atmosphere of such a game.

If your equipment allows it, I recommend playing with active Ray Tracing, even at the expense of different settings. Just no resolution! Dying Light 2 has such an amazingly detailed world that even native 1920x1080 looks just dim and the real charm of the game shows at 1440p and above!

Soldato
Will wait another 6 months after release for things to be ironed out. Im slowly learning my lesson.

I dont care who it is and what game it is. I dont have the confidence in any developer now to pre order.

I remember these guys added pvp to Dying Light, sold it as "Dying Light : Bad Blood" and charged £15-20 for it. Only to abandon it a few months later.

There are no 'good guys'.

Man of Honour
Will wait another 6 months after release for things to be ironed out. Im slowly learning my lesson.

I dont care who it is and what game it is. I dont have the confidence in any developer now to pre order.

I remember these guys added pvp to Dying Light, sold it as "Dying Light : Bad Blood" and charged £15-20 for it. Only to abandon it a few months later.

There are no 'good guys'.

There are some devs that I still preorder, for example, I preordered Total Warhammer 3 after spending 1000+ hours in Total Warhammer 1 and 2. I also generally am up for preordering games by Klei Entertainment (Dont Starve and Oxygen Not Included). I've also preordered Stalker 2 and given the chance I'd preorder God of War 2 as well. So I do still preorder but I have indeed become far more picky with preordering than I used to.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Had a very quick skim through the info above and I am keeping my pre-order. The game seems to be huge which I am happy to hear as I will probably spent close to 100 hours playing it like I did with Cyberpunk. I had plenty fun playing that on release and can’t see this being more buggy than that game.

Could not give a rats what the likes of IGN and Gamespot say. I give much more weight to SkillUp and ACG personally.

I am almost certain I will get £25.99 worth of fun out of it which is what I paid for my Steam key from CDKeys :D

Associate
DL2 system requirements has been updated with DLSS info
54456324877.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Same reviews as for the first game, which was 9/10 for me.

So predictable.

I am looking forward to playing it on friday. I am sure the PC version with patch will be great.

Back
Top Bottom