***The Official Dying Light 2 thread***

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
https://techraptor.net/gaming/reviews/dying-light-2-stay-human-review

The choices part of the game dictating how the game pans out looks to be lacking compared to what we were told/shown, faction indication has been simplified too. It's more Dying Light+ by the sounds of things so nowhere near the value of £55 on Steam. I will pick it up at £25 I reckon as I don't think it's worth £35 due to the cut stuff either. They have said there's years of support for the game though so no doubt in a year it will be a lot cheaper and new content updates will be out.

Edit*

Having said that, once I watch a few reviews I will decide whether £35 is worth it just for the graphical entertainment. I got this 3080 Ti for a reason so at least get the most out of it :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I was worried what they promised about the world changing a lot based on your choices may not pan out based on delays and what CDProject did.

Anyway, Dying Light+ seems good to me :D

Associate
Don't trust pre-release reviews anymore. It's all about the hits for adverts.

I will buy this at some point but since CDKEYS let me down I won't pay £41+ for it. My wife does correctly say I spend more in coffee shops in a day than the asking price though.

Hmm.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Don't trust pre-release reviews anymore. It's all about the hits for adverts.

I will buy this at some point but since CDKEYS let me down I won't pay £41+ for it. My wife does correctly say I spend more in coffee shops in a day than the asking price though.

Hmm.
Will let you know over the next few days/weeks how it is for me. But keep in mind I did enjoy the first game which was a solid 9 out of 10 for me.

Caporegime
Well I'm shocked by the reviews. Haven't read them yet but the initial opinions don't sound good.
The graphics look bad, but as long as the gameplay is good I don't care. I'm not overly impressed with what I've seen so far, but really hard to tell by watching a few canned clips from a trailer.

Caporegime
Can't be any worse than Far Cry 6 :cry:

:cry:

Does look awful without RT tbf :p ;) :D

https://www.benchmark.pl/testy_i_recenzje/dying-light-2-recenzja.html

https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-perfor...2-nvidia-dlss-amd-fsr-ray-tracing-benchmarks/

Visually stunning overall with all the RT goodness turned on though imo, not to mention, the sheer density and variety of assets/objects in the city unlike a big bland open world of FC :p Essentially looks like the city was actually lived in at one point.

Textures are a bit poor on it but all the other graphical effects more than make up for that imo and in a game like this, lighting, shadows etc. is damn important to providing that immersive atmosphere, much like how metro enhanced enjoyment/immersiveness was "enhanced" tenfold.

Caporegime
Is it true it has no HDR? That’s a real shame if true since that’s just a standard feature these days.

Seeing mixed reports.

Apparently no proper HDR options except a gamma slider so will probably not be great, I'm expecting fake HDR i.e. SDR still just with brightness upped, although maybe w11 auto hdr will work well.....

Back
Top Bottom