***The Official Dying Light 2 thread***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Ah I've left the sharpness on default which I think is 45, all other gfx settings are on whatever the highest they will go, so Ultra Ray Tracing where applicable and motion blur set to low as you cannot turn it off it seems.

What is your CPU and GPU there btw? Your frames look reasonable although I seem to be pulling 15-20fps more on average but that may be down to CPU differences as I'm sure I recall you had a 3080 Ti?
You can set motion blur to none on my end. Also left sharpness on default 45 for now myself.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Async compute gains 10-15fps from my testing flicking it on and off and looking at the fps standing still. I don't know what specific spec is needed to make use of it though but I do have Resize BAR enabled on my system though not sure if that's related or not.

I'll load the game up again after lunch and see if motion blur has more settings after restarting steam but yeah pretty strange lol.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
The game chooses DX11 by default so unless you change it, it will stick to DX11 although you won't get any RT stuff there.

Not so for me. It defaulted to DX12 Ultimate on both my PC’s, the 2080Ti one and the 3090FE one.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ah yes I think it was DX12 for me too, I manually changed it to DX12 Ultimate.

I just checked Motion blur and I can now select None. I guess the install was finding its feet or something lol.

But yeah, Async compute will gain you more frames, as will Resizeable BAR if your hardware supports it.

I believe this is one of the first games to use DX12 Ultimate too isn't it?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Try putting it on dx12 and it will probably ungrey the async compute
Yea, that did occur to me, just never got around to it and was surprised once I turned RT on which obviously enabled DX12 it still was greyed. I guess same issue as mrk had with motion blur, probably a restart of the game would have fixed it.

The game chooses DX11 by default so unless you change it, it will stick to DX11 although you won't get any RT stuff there.
Yep. It was set on that by default and in the past in older games I have found dx11 to be better than dx12 so just left it.

Obviously once I put RT on the game changed it to DX12RT or whatever it is called, but as I recall ASYNC compute was still greyed out. Not on my computer at the moment, but will check it out soon.

Ah yes I think it was DX12 for me too, I manually changed it to DX12 Ultimate.

I just checked Motion blur and I can now select None. I guess the install was finding its feet or something lol.

But yeah, Async compute will gain you more frames, as will Resizeable BAR if your hardware supports it.

I believe this is one of the first games to use DX12 Ultimate too isn't it?
Ooh, RBAR, completely forgot that it exits. Never did bother with it, this is a good opportunity to give it a go. Will give it a go soon and report back :D

Caporegime
Yeah I had to restart the game to get dx 12 to work and enabled async too.

Ah I've left the sharpness on default which I think is 45, all other gfx settings are on whatever the highest they will go, so Ultra Ray Tracing where applicable and motion blur set to low as you cannot turn it off it seems.

What is your CPU and GPU there btw? Your frames look reasonable although I seem to be pulling 15-20fps more on average but that may be down to CPU differences as I'm sure I recall you had a 3080 Ti?

5600x (undervolted using PBO -30 on all cores) and 3080 (undervolted to 1815)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah I had to restart the game to get dx 12 to work and enabled async too.

5600x (undervolted using PBO -30 on all cores) and 3080 (undervolted to 1815)
For me the game restarted itself. I guess it did not do a proper job of it.

My 3070 is left on default, just upped the fan speed to 62%. Will probably just oc the memory a bit +800 or something like that and see if that makes a difference. I did mess about undervolt etc when I got the card but lost all the settings after a clean install of windows and I never did bother with it after.

My 5900X is default also with PBO off. It goes to 4.9GHz like this so I did not see the point with messing with it as any tweaks I did yielded small results as I recall.

Permabanned
I used to watch his stuff but totally ignore him now. He's still living in some sort of nostalgia bubble where everygame is worse than WoW or Mafia.

I've also noticed that a few reviewers seems to be refusing to score it based upon co-op missing, not sure if its just me but with 100+ hours in DL1 I didnt engage in co-op even a single time so that fact its missing is just not a thing for me, I couldnt give a rats backside....is co-op really such a big deal for what is clearly positioned as a single player game?

Its not clearly positioned as a single player game at all. Co op is one reason I will get it and has been mentioned from the get go, its a big part of DL.

x ray vision does sound crap :cry:

Back
Top Bottom