***The Official Dying Light 2 thread***

Soldato
Its not clearly positioned as a single player game at all. Co op is one reason I will get it and has been mentioned from the get go, its a big part of DL.

x ray vision does sound crap :cry:
What shocked me is that someone earlier mentioned co-op not being in the game. I’m not sure if that was a joke but if it isn’t…wtf :eek:

Co-op was the best thing about DL. Running around your mate as he gets mauled to death never got old lol

Soldato
I think it was a comment RE: reviewers are playing a pre-live copy of the game, which didn’t support coop. So the early reviews you’ve seen have all been from a SP perspective.

Man of Honour
What shocked me is that someone earlier mentioned co-op not being in the game. I’m not sure if that was a joke but if it isn’t…wtf :eek:

Co-op was the best thing about DL. Running around your mate as he gets mauled to death never got old lol

Co-op is in the game, its just that it wasnt really working properly for the press early release versions

Man of Honour
Yeah the last game had xray a lot too, it's tedious but kinda have to get used to it lol.

I've gotten used to xray in games, a lot of games have it these days. I guess its due to so many mainstream gamers complaining that they dont want to have to walk up and examine every object model in a game to see if its something they can interact with and then its expanded from there. To be quite honest I dont find xray in a game to be game breaking, its not like I would ever refuse to buy a game or fail to enjoy a game because of it, so its a very trivial thing to me.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Right, so got REBAR on, made hardly any difference. Around 1fps difference which is within margin of error :p

There are not that many settings to tweak in this game so in the end I settled for Digital Foundry’s RT Optimised settings, the only difference being I have motion blur off.

So with that and DLSS set to Performance I am getting 52-57fps which feels nice and smooth for my needs. Let’s see how it goes, if things dip a lot as I start to play the game I may just have to play maxed out RT off and DLSS Quality instead which should be rock solid 57fps (cap I set for my 4K g-sync monitor). Will see how it goes and report back.

By the way FSR looks crap compared to DLSS in this game. @LtMatt I hope you are not using FSR to get that high fps mate :cry:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
RTX indoors is not so much different on or off tbh but the cost in frames is pretty massive given how little things change due to very good use of normal screen space shadows/GI:

RTX on:
RTX-indoors_on.jpg

RTX off:
RTX-indoors_off.jpg

RTX on:
RTX-indoors_2_on.jpg

RTX off:
RTX-indoors_2_off.jpg

It's in places where you have fog/mist and other lighting scatter with metal surfaces where you get a more noticeable RT payoff really. Tunnels/Outdoors.

Caporegime
By the way FSR looks crap compared to DLSS in this game. @LtMatt I hope you are not using FSR to get that high fps mate :cry:
Performance and changes coming in patches I'm sure. :)

I don't plan on using image reconstruction if I can help it, hoping to just run it natively at or close to max settings.
I will be targeting high FPS, hopefully.

Waiting for my key. If and when I get it I'll get some footage up. Won't be till Saturday at the earliest though with my third world internet speed. :p

Has the day one patch arrived yet?

Caporegime
Think I might just use dlss balanced to keep everything at max, textures aren't exactly the best so not like dlss quality really shows the clarity and detail of already pretty low res. textures :p

Has anyone tried this on oled yet? Is HDR working?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Performance and changes coming in patches I'm sure. :)

I don't plan on using image reconstruction if I can help it, hoping to just run it natively at or close to max settings.
I will be targeting high FPS, hopefully.

Waiting for my key. If and when I get it I'll get some footage up. Won't be till Saturday at the earliest though with my third world internet speed. :p

Has the day one patch arrived yet?
Not sure, but what I can say is I have played for about an hour or so and not had any issues.

Graphics look very good imo. Will get some screen shots up later on when I can.

Based on how bad the performance was from pre-release data we was getting I find my 3070 is doing very well. Thus far 8GB has been fine, even with RT on when using DLSS Performance mode. I am seeing 7800MB VRAM being used and 10-11GB RAM. That said still only at the start of the game, might have issues later on when there are more zombies and people on the screen.

@gpuerrilla Are you getting the game? Would have been good to get your input :)

Overall still very early but I am really enjoying it as expected :D

Think I might just use dlss balanced to keep everything at max, textures aren't exactly the best so not like dlss quality really shows the clarity and detail of already pretty low res. textures :p

Has anyone tried this on oled yet? Is HDR working?
For everything maxed including RT you will need to stay on DLSS Performance from what I can see. But let us know how it goes.

Overall performance is very good for me, I only get a few dips here and there with my settings but being on G-Sync it has not been an issue so pleasantly surprised :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Will wait for you beta testers gamers to bench it thoroughly first! :p
Haha. Can’t blame you to be fair, you was all beta tested out after playing Far Cry 6 from day 1 :cry:

That’s ok, at least we have Matt who should join us next Saturday once his dial up internet finishes downloading. My download took like 10 or so minutes :p:D

Caporegime
Haha. Can’t blame you to be fair, you was all beta tested out after playing Far Cry 6 from day 1 :cry:

That’s ok, at least we have Matt who should join us next Saturday once his dial up internet finishes downloading. My download took like 10 or so minutes :p:D
:cry::o

Not had one issue with Far Cry 6 since launch, very polished and well optimised game. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom