***The Official Dying Light 2 thread***

Associate
RT Torch seems to be pretty pointless but costs 5fps, is there any situation where RT Torch actually is visually great like the other RT features? Because I'm not seeing anything worthwhile for it to cost 5fps, I mean it doesn't even cast a shadow off objects anyway in this game so what is the point!

Can you guess which of these is RT Torch on vs off without looking at the fps?
The first one if I had to guess, more shadowy? I'm thinking the same thing. I think nvidia thought it too as its disabled in the nvidia experience recommended settings.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
First one is RT Torch on :D

I got confused by the UV timer running out and realise I need to find UV lamps to stand next to to up the immunity, any other way to avoid having to faff about with this when out at night?

Soldato
First one is RT Torch on :D

I got confused by the UV timer running out and realise I need to find UV lamps to stand next to to up the immunity, any other way to avoid having to faff about with this when out at night?

Eat the uv shroomz.

On that note... how on earth DO you eat the uv shroomz on PC?

I have two options, equip or drop.

I equip them, but I see no indicator what button to press the eat the things.

H is for health so how do I eat the shroomz?

Soldato
So far I would say the game deserves its average rating of 7/10.

I mean I'm only 6 hours in but there are things that are annoying.

The timer in the dark is one thing that is very annoying. I get what they was going for but it still is very annoying.

Also the graphics.... really aren't all that. We've seen much better RT with games like Metro Exodus or Watch Dogs Legion.

Soldato
Eat the uv shroomz.

On that note... how on earth DO you eat the uv shroomz on PC?

I have two options, equip or drop.

I equip them, but I see no indicator what button to press the eat the things.

H is for health so how do I eat the shroomz?
You ned to swap out your consumables so that pressing H does the trick. Took me bloody ages to figure out this. I have no idea wh the devs decided to make major changs to the way works, realk annoying.

Caporegime
RT Torch seems to be pretty pointless but costs 5fps, is there any situation where RT Torch actually is visually great like the other RT features? Because I'm not seeing anything worthwhile for it to cost 5fps, I mean it doesn't even cast a shadow off objects anyway in this game so what is the point!

Can you guess which of these is RT Torch on vs off without looking at the fps?

0M7Ov56.jpg

62tkAaq.jpg

It's not a big difference although it is quite telling when you look at the outer areas to where the flash light is shining i.e. the wheels on the box with the white covering but again, not really a "must have" like the other RT effects.

Worth keeping on though imo as generally when you are using it i.e. at night or/and indoor areas, the fps will already be a bit higher

Few more screenshots. Just reached that Bazaar area so may get that video up tomorrow Nexus.

Ok, I think you might need to do a couple of missions before you get to that one so might be a bit longer.

EDIT:

My video from earlier back has finally finished 4k processing now!

Defo a lot more tense/immersive the night time compared to the first game imo:

I should have ran in streets for longer at the end but I don't think my heart could have handled it.... :p

Last edited:
Associate
New DL2 patch will have DLSS improvements, resolve issues with infinite black screens and more
https://twitter.com/DyingLightGame/status/1490470109051301889
image-2022-02-07-112134.png

Caporegime
Interested in what the dlss improvements are as it is already pretty much nigh on perfect and seems techpowerup rate it as being better than native too:

Speaking of image quality and performance, compared to native resolution, the DLSS performance uplift at 4K is an impressive improvement to the game. It almost doubles performance in Quality mode, and image quality is more detailed and stable than the TAA/FSR solution. DLSS deals with vegetation details even better than the native resolutions, including 1080p, and small details in the distance are rendered more correctly and complete.

EDIT:

Still not seeing the new patch???

Doing some more comparisons on my end of non RT and RT and honestly I think the non RT in this game is pretty good, it's certainly no worse than most other non RT games lighting with the exception of a few games like division and rdr 2.

8RH2ZxT.jpg

W8uU4f1.jpg

yGk15qi.jpg

nxvD9A3.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
To be fair, you’re taking screenshots in the shade :p

Well that is kind of the whole point of RT :p

But that's my point, without RT, it still looks good to me and no worse than most other games with non RT visuals i.e. if people never seen what the RT version looked like, I doubt they would be slating it.

Soldato
This is a slow burner for me. The first maybe 6 hours were terrible plot, and the bugs were annoying and still are. For example rebinding jump does not work 100% and when jumping from ledge to ledge you have to use space again. I literally got stuck trying to follow Hakon because of this bug before I realised that my my jump rebind only works partially. And as a left hander this is not good. It's the same for the mouse button rebinds not working. If I had not got one of the cheap pre-orders I would have refunded.
Oof, what keys do you normally use? I use the numpad and surrounding area and it's proper annoying when games dont have full rebind support. Even have the numpad enter remapped to space in windows (some games still recognise it as numpad enter though) as it is a common offender :p

Back
Top Bottom