*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I'm all kickstarted out for now. I've funded $280 of projects (Ouya, Planetary Annhilation, Xenonauts and Expeditions) and so far have only had the beta access to Xenonauts and Expeditions. Whilst I don't have any doubts about those projects ability to deliver a final product I'm waiting until I have some firm deliverables from the projects I have funded and hence I'm not backing this.

I probably would buy it if it looked decent once it's released and probably would have backed it if i hadn't done so much already.

The images posted today look promising if they can pull that off - David keeps on emphasising that it will be done March 2014 which seems a pretty ambitious target tho from reading between the lines it looks like they've got most of the underlying technologies working and sandboxed and its mostly a case of getting it all working together and fleshing it out with proper content.

If you pledge some money its only taken from your account if the £1.25m is met, So by pledging you dont actually lose anything as of yet.

The hope of a NEW ELITE game is worth the pledge, I dont know whats up with some of you people.

Has a Kickstarter funded game actually made it to release yet?

I think a couple of the small ones have (Indie style ones which were only looking for funding of £10k~), problem with the big video game ones is the long development plan of a year or more. IIRC Wasteland 2 was the first "big" funded video game.

A number of the technology Kickstarters have made it to retail however, things like the Tiktok ipod nano watch etc.

I was at first very excited when I read about it, but to be honest a) I don't think they'll get their 1.25 mil target and b) it just won't be the same, doubt it'll even be anywhere close to how good the original was purely because at the time Elite was ground breaking.

The page has now been updated, including a video, can see the work so far playing in back ground, extra ship renders in the video.

God this better hit the target.

Video showing pretty much nothing :(

Well, it had a few renders of various ships which is something. I'd love to see an option to build your own ship in this, I know there are customize options but I hope the final game isn't flying around space with everyone having identical looking ships.

X3 has a huge learning curve. I actually much proffered x2 over x3

But yes the series is worth a play. It's a lot smaller than elite though. No millions of stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom