*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Why can't people in the comments area grasp the fact that the kickstarter is there to fund the creation of the game. The constant requests to see gameplay footage are seriously starting to annoy me.

Soldato
The constant requests to see gameplay footage are seriously starting to annoy me.

I would agree except they have said they have been working on the tech low key for years but so far have only shown some simple shader clouds and some poorly realised asteroids. In the same time the Infinity team with the same amount of people have produced something pretty special . When Star Citizen was so slick in its presentation and the Infinity tech demo is out in December then they really do need to have something more substantial because I really really want to play Elite again. Frontier don't have the best reputation in the games industry and neither does Braben's management skills.

Associate
That's good, and I hope it is successful, but I'm not feeling it at the moment from the progress. Funding seems to be dragging its arse and not getting near the daily levels required to be feasible (even if there is a funding drive near the end).

Basically over half of the total so far is still the product of one single day, and it could be over another week of dribble funds like it is getting now to overcome that. Every day it receives less than £15k funds looks like another step towards it not being a success, and that's just to get a quarter of the funds that Star Citizen managed to scramble together.

Needs more marketing/publicity with (above all) content and information to generate some sustainable interest, an area that perhaps Braben can't overcome without those skills from a publisher who knows how to do it.

Permabanned
So much for your positive attitude, Great for putting potential backers off.
If this does not succeed there will never be another Elite game again ever.
Braben has promised lots of updates.

Talking about Start citizen well ive backed both games, £150 on Elite and $150 on Star Citizen as they will both be good especially in gaming now amongst the generic console converted rubbish that we see day in day out, Week in week out, Year in year out.

Get your pledges in and be part of 2 of the greatest games ever to be made!

Last edited:
Associate
Just calling it as I see it - not one for superstitions or prayers of hope, if this is going to succeed, then it needs something more real to get it there.

Associate
Hi,

Just pledged, although looking at what's been pledged so far and the number of days left I'm rather doubtful.

Fingers crossed it comes off.

Permabanned
Remember Star citizen ends also in a day or two so i think many will come over from there.
Infact im gonna up my pledge on SC to $250.

Associate
Have you pledged anything?

No, why and what does that matter? Not everyone that would like to see a game released that they'd happily buy HAS to pledge up front to be relevant in commenting on the fund raise effort.

FYI, I likely will pledge before it's up, but how much I pledge will depend very much on what happens between now and then.

I back very few projects in general, but that doesn't mean I am against their success. I'm also in the middle of a very - for me - expensive move (overseas), so it'll be a flight, a few weeks, and a bank account change, before I back anything further once I get settled in again.

Permabanned
No, why and what does that matter? Not everyone that would like to see a game released that they'd happily buy HAS to pledge up front to be relevant in commenting on the fund raise effort.

FYI, I likely will pledge before it's up, but how much I pledge will depend very much on what happens between now and then.

I back very few projects in general, but that doesn't mean I am against their success. I'm also in the middle of a very - for me - expensive move (overseas), so it'll be a flight, a few weeks, and a bank account change, before I back anything further once I get settled in again.

Oh ok good luck with your move abroad.

Permabanned
Elite wars: Return of the Space Sim .

A1.jpg

A2.jpg

A3.jpg

A4.jpg

A5.jpg

A6.jpg

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

B3.jpg