*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Got to the rank of Marquis for the Empire but man this is a struggle lol. I found the best way of semi quick ranking was to go to Fehu and accept loads of courier missions and do those. Pay isn't bad either and I got a couple of 4.5mil smuggling missions to boot, which kept it interesting. The only downside is interdiction after interdiction after interdiction. Just makes it so bloody annoying :mad:

My Thrustmaster Hotas X arrived today, thx OcUK! However, there are no pre-made control bindings in the game for it, should there be or do I need to simply map them all in?

I was sure before I updated to Horizons there were a load of bindings in the options but alas no more.

binds.png
I was going to just re-install as it shouldn't take too long or maybe someone could kindly send me their bindings from the file ? ''C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings''

*** I'm going to re-install *** saves any messing around, cheers !!

*** Still have only four control options after a full re-install :( ****

Last edited:
I was sure before I updated to Horizons there were a load of bindings in the options but alas no more.

binds.png
I was going to just re-install as it shouldn't take too long or maybe someone could kindly send me their bindings from the file ? ''C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings''

http://www.filedropper.com/custom08

Thats my bindings using a hotas x but ive also changed stuff as well. (left n right yaw is on the hotas etc)

bear in mind some stuff i just use voice attack for like landing gear so there might not be a binding done for that (or itll be the default one)

binds.png

To give yourself access to the default config for your controller you could copy over

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Frontier_Developments\Products\elite-dangerous-64\ControlSchemes\ThrustMasterTFlightHOTASX.binds

to

C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings

And give it another file name, that'll give you a base config that you can then edit but should mostly be in filled in. in my Bindings folder I have a couple of pre-set config files that I have worked on in the past, and they all appear in the game menu with the file name I gave them.

Do you have all the drivers installed for your joystick? It should pick up the initial config from the ControlSchemes folder, assuming the device is named properly on your system.

http://www.filedropper.com/custom08

Thats my bindings using a hotas x but ive also changed stuff as well. (left n right yaw is on the hotas etc)

bear in mind some stuff i just use voice attack for like landing gear so there might not be a binding done for that (or itll be the default one)

Thanks mate, that did the trick appreciate it !

To give yourself access to the default config for your controller you could copy over

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Frontier_Developments\Products\elite-dangerous-64\ControlSchemes\ThrustMasterTFlightHOTASX.binds

to

C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings

And give it another file name, that'll give you a base config that you can then edit but should mostly be in filled in. in my Bindings folder I have a couple of pre-set config files that I have worked on in the past, and they all appear in the game menu with the file name I gave them.

Do you have all the drivers installed for your joystick? It should pick up the initial config from the ControlSchemes folder, assuming the device is named properly on your system.

I'll defo have to spend a bit of time looking into the configs, cheers for that!

The only downside is interdiction after interdiction after interdiction. Just makes it so bloody annoying :mad:

+This, its so frustrating at the moment! Thats why i play Solo to avoid all the interdiction, but this happens to me all the time with AI. The Interdictions are impossible to evade, and when you get a fully kitted out Anaconda/Python my T7 doesn't have a hope in hell chance of escaping in one piece!!

+This, its so frustrating at the moment! Thats why i play Solo to avoid all the interdiction, but this happens to me all the time with AI. The Interdictions are impossible to evade, and when you get a fully kitted out Anaconda/Python my T7 doesn't have a hope in hell chance of escaping in one piece!!

I don't do Open play after getting jumped on by 3 FDL ships and blown to bits in my fully kitted out and war ready Anaconda. I had no chance but that is the game, so I accept it and moved on to Mobius for some player interaction and knowing I can fly safe. The AI interdictions are what bugs me. Far too many and far too often. I turned on this AI Asp last night after he interdicted me and had him down to 13% damage ish before he got away, I carry on my journey to the station that is only 46Ls away and blow me, another interdiction but wtf.... It is the same AI player with the Asp and 100% health and full shields. AI is a cheater and needs to be banned lol :D

fully kitted out my cobra... now saving my for asp explorer!!!

had a mission today to kill 26 pirates... soooooooooooo fun!

Glad to see you are enjoying it. The Cobra is a sweet ship and if needs be, agile when the heat gets on top. I still fly my Cobra now and then for some fun and fights :D

fully kitted out my cobra... now saving my for asp explorer!!!

had a mission today to kill 26 pirates... soooooooooooo fun!
I love my newly acquired and kitted Asp Explorer. Haven't tried it in combat yet, but it's unreal for exploration. Even better if you are brave enough to fly without shields....which I am not.

I don't do Open play after getting jumped on by 3 FDL ships and blown to bits in my fully kitted out and war ready Anaconda. I had no chance but that is the game, so I accept it and moved on to Mobius for some player interaction and knowing I can fly safe. The AI interdictions are what bugs me. Far too many and far too often. I turned on this AI Asp last night after he interdicted me and had him down to 13% damage ish before he got away, I carry on my journey to the station that is only 46Ls away and blow me, another interdiction but wtf.... It is the same AI player with the Asp and 100% health and full shields. AI is a cheater and needs to be banned lol :D

Glad to see you are enjoying it. The Cobra is a sweet ship and if needs be, agile when the heat gets on top. I still fly my Cobra now and then for some fun and fights :D
What's the deal with Mobius? I've heard a few people mention it. Is it a private group with a no aggression pact, or something?

I love my newly acquired and kitted Asp Explorer. Haven't tried it in combat yet, but it's unreal for exploration. Even better if you are brave enough to fly without shields....which I am not.

What's the deal with Mobius? I've heard a few people mention it. Is it a private group with a no aggression pact, or something?

Sounds like exactly where I am at, just got the Asp last night. Anyone got any tips on getting the Sol system permit?

Yer, pretty much that. The only time you can kill another player whilst on the Mobius server is if you are both in a CZ zone and both agree to fight. Other than that, it is a stress free and well supported open server.

Give them a look and join up if that is what you are after.

https://elitepve.com/

16,214 members so far, so chances are you will see the odd player here or there and they are a proper friendly welcoming bunch.

Sounds like exactly where I am at, just got the Asp last night. Anyone got any tips on getting the Sol system permit?

Been there and done that and found the best way is doing missions for the Federation. Anytime you see the federation disc next to a mission, do those. Bhritzameno and surrounding area is where I ranked up quite fast to get the SOL permit :)

Last edited:
Aye, I got it around a week ago, took it out exploring and didn't return home for at least 100 systems. Got a bunch of discovery credits when I cashed in....though the cash reward was pretty disappointing.

I'd like to know how to get the SOL permit, also.

Yer, pretty much that. The only time you can kill another player whilst on the Mobius server is if you are both in a CZ zone and both agree to fight. Other than that, it is a stress free and well supported open server.

Give them a look and join up if that is what you are after.

https://elitepve.com/

16,214 members so far, so chances are you will see the odd player here or there and they are a proper friendly welcoming bunch.
Hmm....sounds good. Having other players around will hopefully add a little depth to the game. I'll check it out. Thanks!

I do wish they would have just left it the way it was and let charity/donations stand as often as they did :(
It would be nice if there was more to the military ranks in general, even Frontier on the Amiga had more depth what with photo-reconnaissance and tactical-nuke strike missions and all.

With that said I took advantage of the charity missions and ground my way up to Admiral/King, but I'm still hoping they add more content for naval ranks in the future.
You can turn your shields off in the right control panel as soon as you leave human space, they removed the psychos who used to attack you in unexplored systems.

I have minimal (3D) shielding on my Anaconda which I switch off as soon as I'm out of the bubble, they just use up power and generate extra heat which can hurt you whilst scooping. I still like to equip them for the journey back home though, makes me feel a bit better in-case of interdiction or a minor bump whilst docking.

It would be nice if there was more to the military ranks in general, even Frontier on the Amiga had more depth what with photo-reconnaissance and tactical-nuke strike missions and all.

With that said I took advantage of the charity missions and ground my way up to Admiral/King, but I'm still hoping they add more content for naval ranks in the future.

Spot on and I should have done the same :( The reward for ranking isn't there either IMO and doesn't justify the grind needed. I never did play Frontier for some reason and I was big into the Amiga. I love the game but do feel the rewards are lacking at times.

Back
Top Bottom