*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Associate
Welp, finally managed to get the game to reinstall.
Was sat at same place as I left last time when game kept crashing whilst mining.
Quick few tests, still crashes.
Guess I'll head to barnacles & see if I can get visited before heading to that new place. :)

Associate
You know, I actually quite like that thing and would be tempted if I wasn't so tight with money. It just needs some sort of throttle control and the ability to select different options once in a menu (like a cursor move).

Soldato
I suppose it would be quite cool if you had a custom built cockpit or something, can't say I don't have enough buttons on my HOTAS to need it though.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
So another Elite SPG review.

Fired it up after the pain of updating (as usual)

Spent 10 mins in sidewinder demo

Checked the bank balance still 2 billion in the black with all the ships in storage (All A rated)

Picked a ship went for a trip in the ASP for change

Was again bored after 20mins. Is it just me or is this Thargoid storyline duller than Ned Flanders in a bar.

Soldato
Cool litte hardware control panel just released by gamecab:
Looks very cool and nicely thought out.
Still doesn't solve the problem of needing a keyboard for text messages, typing in system names in the map and switching out into Steam Overlay or something, but nonetheless very cool!

Fired it up after the pain of updating (as usual)
What is SOOO painful about clicking Update and waiting 5-10mins (and that's on my 0.7Mpbs connection) before clicking Play?

Was again bored after 20mins.
A whole 20 minutes?
Wow, that's like just enough time to get one salvage mission, go pick up the canister from the planet outside the station, bring it back and cash in... I've had ammo packs last longer than that.

Is it just me or is this Thargoid storyline duller than Ned Flanders in a bar.
Just you.
This is clearly not the game for you and I've absolutely NO idea why you even bother...

Associate
Was again bored after 20mins. Is it just me or is this Thargoid storyline duller than Ned Flanders in a bar.

I wouldn't know, not seen hide nor hair of anything :(

Nipped to planet near Sister's Refuge, the barnacles have disappeared (never knew that was a thing). Searched online, seven jumps later found another barnacle (just the one, previous had two so at least easier farming...).

Hours later, tried flying away & back again, driving around for hell of it & even sat afk reading but within view of monitor.

Zip, nada, nothing...

Wanted to see something before heading to the new discovery, especially as seems more have been found & something newer is about to be too, so don't want to miss out on even more...

SPG

SPG

Soldato
If only it was that simple....

It is broken at the best of times. Slow download, restarts, fails to authorise.

Associate
I was wondering the same thing...surely you just click play on launcher or Steam does it for you?

Search ".progress" or ".part" on ED forums, you'll see loads get them problem where the installer/updater will get to a point where it will fail, or worse (like it did for me the other day) it'll loop on some files & just keep trying to DL/re-DL the same files & failing.

I was near monitor reading & saw it had stuck for quite some time. It ended up doing these five small files so many times, that it used almost 5gb of internets trying to "fix" itself but still failed.

Associate
Sat at Barnacle again, still no unknown ships paying me a visit.
At least it's giving me plenty of time to read my book :D

Did figure out that Alt-F10 is higher res' screen shot again, but can't find it in options to change it.
Time to go sniffing through the files.

View attachment p5TxrJO.jpg
DDkfBL3W0AAsSuP.jpg:large

Last edited:
Soldato
Search ".progress" or ".part" on ED forums, you'll see loads get them problem where the installer/updater will get to a point where it will fail, or worse (like it did for me the other day) it'll loop on some files & just keep trying to DL/re-DL the same files & failing.

I was near monitor reading & saw it had stuck for quite some time. It ended up doing these five small files so many times, that it used almost 5gb of internets trying to "fix" itself but still failed.

Yea, I get that some people have problems. But that's not how SPG put it (or at least how I interperated it) :)

Associate
Made my way to the new discovery, had managed to avoid any clips, info', images etc online.
Was worth the wait.

That thing is huge!
Was watching coordinates from above the planet, turns out the thing is visible miles away.

Discovered my first fire planet, geysers & more in that one system.

Just as got lower down, saw something glowing, thought it was perhaps just part of the thing that's down there. Got closer in, was surprised to see Scavengers "looting?".
Can tell will definitely need anti-corrosive gear soon, because if you attack them, they spit something out at you.
They're easy to destroy though & drop new (new to me at least) stuff.

Go there with anti-corrosive cargo rack, as there's something that's near centre that you can loot & that does corrode your SRV/ships.
Hmm, wonder when we'll get anti-corrosive for SRVs.

Anyway, quick few images, spoilers of course.

Back
Top Bottom