*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Soldato
Thanks for these - I refuse to buy anything extra for Elite. Money for character skins and ship designs that I'll never see in the game seem completely pointless to me right now...
You can see them if you like, what with all the different cameras in game, now.

I'm happy to buy some little extras, even if I don't use them, as it funds development... and it's not like Frontier is trying to flog me a different coloured spaceship, as if it were a completely different ship, for several hundred dollars!!

Associate
Saw that earlier, it's good to see they've finally started showing actual clips & not just images of the new skins.
Now, if only they'd remake it to look like it wasn't just glitching :rolleyes:

Associate
Modified Embedded Firmware (MEF) is now a mission reward. I'm really pleased about this as I need about 50 for engineering purposes and the drop rate from base scanning large sites is abysmal, so now I can work on Empire rank and get the MEF as a bonus.

Soldato
Yup, I've been working on my Fed rank and have been making a point of picking missions with the rarest material rewards when given the choice :)

Associate
Modified Embedded Firmware (MEF) is now a mission reward. I'm really pleased about this as I need about 50 for engineering purposes and the drop rate from base scanning large sites is abysmal, so now I can work on Empire rank and get the MEF as a bonus.

Yep… great news. I'd completely given up trying to find it tbh as to me it wasn't worth the effort but now I'll keep an eye out for it. Might do some passenger missions, been awhile & I feel in the mood for some sightseeing!

Soldato
Do I buy a Corvette or not? Opinions please :)

If you can splash the cash then why not :)
I've
seen a lot of people say it maneuvers better than the Anaconda and has 2 huge hard points on top to help shred even the most stubborn of ships.

And don`t forget the look of that ship, its just so tasty lol

Having said all that i like my Anaconda and don`t have the rank for the corvette yet, i tested one in a beta once and it was an all multi canon build, it really made mince meet out of anything a haz res could throw at it.

Soldato
I'm trying to up my Federation rank, but I'm finding it a bit frustrating...

I was "Recruit" and at 100% for what seemed like an eternity, before I found a promotion mission. Am I missing something? Or is it just luck of the draw before you get a promotion mission? Not sure why it just doesn't automatically promote you when you reach 100% on that rank...

By the way... Getting an Oculus Rift set up tonight... Cannot wait! :D

Soldato
Luck of the draw on Promotion missions, bear in mind that while it might not display it you can continue working on your rank without a promotion and it will count towards the next one.

I have an Anaconda and have never really liked it, which is why I am hesitating on the Corvette, I also messed around with one during a beta but didn't have much chance to fit it properly, I'm sure it would be a great combat platform once engineered but it'll take most of my funds to fit it currently as I am sitting at around 920 million total in assets and bank.

Soldato
Luck of the draw on Promotion missions, bear in mind that while it might not display it you can continue working on your rank without a promotion and it will count towards the next one.

Ah ha! Well that's good to know, at least I'm not wasting my time! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom