*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Soldato
  • Sick Bucket
  • Towel to mop flop sweat
  • Camera to record you ducking and rolling out of the way of stuff.
  • Livestream account so we can laugh at the above

In all seriousness, you're in for a treat. I really need to find £400 for one myself lol.

Soldato
Folks. Ive got a Rift on preorder, anything I need to prepare prior to its arrival for Elite?

Elite is probably the best single game to show of the potential of VR. The rift in elite is awesome. The scale of everything truly comes to life. Find an asteroid field in an asp and just prepare to be awestruck..... Oh and your ship cockpit is amazing. Stand up and move behind your 'seat' and just have a look around.

That's the good.

Get ready to not be able to see ground stations until you are super close. Get ready to be frustrated in combat that you can't see the enemy until they are closer than usual. Oh and take it easy in the SRV as motion sickness will creep up on you.

In short VR will be amazing - totally game changing. But we need better res and better optics/GPUs to get there.

If you want a glimpse into tomorrow buy one today.

Associate
I'm really trying to get back into this game, but it seems a bit dull on your own. I feel that it's similar to EVE Online, in the way that it's better playing with a group. What's the best way of going about trying to find a group to play with?

Associate
Folks. Ive got a Rift on preorder, anything I need to prepare prior to its arrival for Elite?

1 - Get VoiceAttack software (it's about £5). Set up the voice recognition in Windows first. Map the keyboard buttons to spoken commands.

2 - Install EDProfiler - makes it easier to experiment with graphics.

3 - Use a decent flightstick - the Thrustmaster HOTAS X is a great reasonably priced option (despite the pics you can split up the stick and throttle controls).

4 - I'm not sure what the mic is like on the Rift (I've never used the built in one on my Vive) so you might need a decent headset with a mic.

5 - Lose yourself in the Universe.

Soldato
  • Sick Bucket
  • Towel to mop flop sweat
  • Camera to record you ducking and rolling out of the way of stuff.
  • Livestream account so we can laugh at the above
In all seriousness, you're in for a treat. I really need to find £400 for one myself lol.
Hes not joking, the first few months of playing ed in vr made me feel quite motion sick, queezy with cold sweats and i don't usually suffer from motion sickness. But after you get your vr legs its an awesome game. What cpu/gpu do you have?

Soldato
Hes not joking, the first few months of playing ed in vr made me feel quite motion sick, queezy with cold sweats and i don't usually suffer from motion sickness.
By contrast, I took to it like a seasoned Navy SEAL to water... I did get a touch of sickness from just the SRV, but configuring the headset to my own eyes and tweaking the game settings a touch sorted that out easy! YMMV...

Associate
Not too sure that I'd want to make myself more visible to the pirates in game, but....

luminous_purple_storeblack_1920.png

luminous_red_storeblack_1920.png

luminous_white_storeblack_1920.png

Someone already edited images to what I'd imagined :D

ow0ztpxhrj9z.jpg

Associate
hi guys, ok not played elite for 6 months or more, thinking about getting back into to it, so has much changed, wheres the money at, any new missions or things to do.

Soldato
completed the ancient ruins yesterday, took in all the sites and sounds, the atmosphere and sounds are very good.

I did it in my diamond back explorer, no crew on board, but those pesky buggers still took 8 million of my reward while they sat in my crew lounge.....

Back
Top Bottom