*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Soldato
About half way through the ancient ruins now, easy money for sure, I wonder if the scans are shared with wing members when in a wing? Could be completed far faster that way.

Associate
Imagine they would be, considering when I did it you could just hover over the ruins with items in your cargo & any time anyone else scanned, I got it too, despite not being in groups.

Associate
I shouldn't be surprised at this, but seriously, why Fdev?

z5i3zmtkpsaz.png

Soldato
Quince or wu-gangi (what ever it's called)

Make sure you take a medium pad capable ship to the second one, as you can load out million credit cargo missions and planatery scan jobs in between stacking the data courier missions for Rep.

It's just as fast as Quince, but far less boring.

Soldato
Does Robigo still work if you have Elite trading rank? Not played in year and half so whats best way to make money now? Have not even seen the engineers.

I've been doing Passenger missions recently in my Asp X and it's got me loads of money! I've been getting between 500,000 - 1,000,000 credits per trip, with each trip only needing 1-2 jumps. Almost feels like an exploit, I've got more money than I've ever had before :p

Soldato
when this get nerfed? I pick this up a couple of nights ago on my second cmdr, to earn some cash.. may have picked it up before the nerf hammer (fingers crossed)

If you already have it and it shows a 100 million bonus then it will give you that apparently, I'm about 30 minutes from handing mine in and will confirm shortly.

Permabanned
Quince or wu-gangi (what ever it's called)

Make sure you take a medium pad capable ship to the second one, as you can load out million credit cargo missions and planatery scan jobs in between stacking the data courier missions for Rep.

It's just as fast as Quince, but far less boring.

What route is that then please? Can you tell me in trust?
Much appreciated :)

Soldato
Well I completed it about an hour ago and got the 201 million payout so it certainly should pay out if it shows as a 100 million bonus, it also made my trade rank jump a fair chunk :)

Soldato
Any resource extraction site (not hazardous) will have wanted ships and any system with planetary rings should have at least a couple of sites.

Associate
yet I can't make it to the system Brani as it's too far away.

On the Galaxy Map Route Panel (2nd tab) at the bottom set Jump Data to Fastest Route and Cargo Mass to 0… jump range is governed by mass so put your SRV and Planetary Vehicle Hanger into Storage in Outfitting to increase your jump range before plotting your Route - you can always refit them later if needed. If the plotted line is dashed at the end (near Brani) then you don't have enough fuel so will have to stop somewhere en-route for gas.

Hope that helps. I'm CMDR Justinian Octavius in game - if you have any Qs feel free to give me a buzz & I'll do my best to try to answer them.

Associate
I purchased Oculus Rift in the summer sale, and having sampled Elite in VR, I was blown away!

What recommendations would you have for a complete novice, who aspires to explore the wonders of a beautifully crafted galaxy, and perhaps make a few unique discoveries along the way?
How should I go about acquiring a suitable ship for long-term exploration? Is there any DLC I can purchase that will provide me with one from the offset?

I appreciate there's probably a giant FAQ somewhere, but I'd rather hear it from seasoned veterans who know the pitfalls of being a CMDR.

Associate
On the Galaxy Map Route Panel (2nd tab) at the bottom set Jump Data to Fastest Route and Cargo Mass to 0… .
Shouldn't that be econmoical route rather than fastest? Doesn't it compute for shorter, more fuel efficient jumps that way? Fitting a fuel scoop or making sure there's a station on the way also helps.

Caporegime
I purchased Oculus Rift in the summer sale, and having sampled Elite in VR, I was blown away!

What recommendations would you have for a complete novice, who aspires to explore the wonders of a beautifully crafted galaxy, and perhaps make a few unique discoveries along the way?
How should I go about acquiring a suitable ship for long-term exploration? Is there any DLC I can purchase that will provide me with one from the offset?

I appreciate there's probably a giant FAQ somewhere, but I'd rather hear it from seasoned veterans who know the pitfalls of being a CMDR.
The best ship IMO is the Asp Explorer for exploration on the Rift. The view from the cockpit is amazing and the jump range is decent. Do plenty of early missions to get some funds andwhen you have enough, grab the Asp, fit it with a semi decent fuel scoop and off you go :)

Soldato
The best ship IMO is the Asp Explorer for exploration on the Rift. The view from the cockpit is amazing and the jump range is decent. Do plenty of early missions to get some funds andwhen you have enough, grab the Asp, fit it with a semi decent fuel scoop and off you go :)
The Diamondback Explorer is pretty decent too. I'd have to check, but I think it has a longer jump range than the Asp...?

Back
Top Bottom