*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Associate
Not sure if they have already.

I went there 57 jumps...Manged to get about 6 scan missions as soon as I landed. Now nothing....

Once you pickup 3, they no longer appear.

You need to pickup 2, and then board flip until about 10+ appear, you can pickup everything that's listed. So off you go and complete 12+!

Soldato
Once you pickup 3, they no longer appear.

You need to pickup 2, and then board flip until about 10+ appear, you can pickup everything that's listed. So off you go and complete 12+!

Thats why......I picked up 3 last night with a view to doing them tonight hoping they would give me more.

I'll do those 3 and start again.

I was wondering why I was board flipping and not getting any.

Just loads of begging missions..

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I have zero issues working around the uber grind that is elite, it has very little variation and it boils down to two types of mission.

Shoot something
Deliver something

Explore something

Then waste even more time returning to collect your reward.

Elite has very little content, yes its fun but it has very little actual content.

Associate
It's a space flight sim with a reason to get there...

Go dogfight some other ships come back and get a reward
Take this there and collect a reward

I've only just started so lots for me to see and building my rep will be interesting, can see how it might get a bit samey after a while already though...if it starts to feel like work I'll jack it in, at the moment I'm enjoying it.

Soldato
I have zero issues working around the uber grind that is elite, it has very little variation and it boils down to two types of mission.

Shoot something
Deliver something

Explore something

Then waste even more time returning to collect your reward.

Elite has very little content, yes its fun but it has very little actual content.

Yep, it's pretty much this.

It's a shame as the game engine is excellent and the scope is there for so much more.

Maybe they will add it in the future, maybe not.

I tend to play in bursts, dropping it for months at a time before going back for a bit.

Just adding in more random events and unique missions would liven it up a bit. But all they seem to do is add more ways to grind :(

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I play the same currently in a playing phase but its wearing thin. Just want to unlock the engineers prior to 2.4

Soldato
Hopefully a lot will be rectified with the updates post 2.4 when they concentrate on core game play mechanics. Though I still don't see how it's any different to any other online multiplayer game in truth yet people do like to bash it, must be because everybody wants it to reach it's full potential :)

Associate
Quick question about exploration, is the data you gather further away worth more?

Scanning a system @ 1000ly will it have the same value as one thats 20,000ly away?

Soldato
This game infuriates me because I have such a love / hate relationship with it! I'm back on it again after a few months off, and when it sucks you back in, it really can hook you! I've just been doing some bounties for the Kamadhenu Community Goal, and I've been doing them both in my Python and FDL. I was pleased to discover that the Python is no longer as weak as it was the last time I played, and my FDL is pretty potent as well. I picked up Horizons and I've had a few planetary landings, although I've mostly just bounced off the surface in rather spectacular fashion. I had one instance where I went in for a landing, completely overcooked it, bashed into an antenna and then got stuck on it, with a loitering warning counting down from 25 seconds! I managed to get away with 5 seconds to spare.

I've got a nice pot of cash saved and I'm waiting until the end of this CG to upgrade to an Anaconda for the fighter bay addon etc. I don't really have time to rep-grind for a Cutter or Corvette, which is a shame because I'd really love one!

With that said, my big issue is still the grind. Jeez, it's a slog to get things done. I had a go at starting the Engineers, and even just reading up about the stuff to get things done with one, let alone the rest, is putting me off. I really want to upgrade my FSD, and weapons but even having to just get started with Felicity Farseer involved me having to buy an Asp Explorer, upgrade the FSD so I could jump the 400ly, then only to find that I had to then go somewhere else to buy Meta-alloys to even get her to speak with me! Yeah, it's a bit time consuming but it's nice to be back...

Associate
This game infuriates me because I have such a love / hate relationship with it! I'm back on it again after a few months off, and when it sucks you back in, it really can hook you! I've just been doing some bounties for the Kamadhenu Community Goal, and I've been doing them both in my Python and FDL. I was pleased to discover that the Python is no longer as weak as it was the last time I played, and my FDL is pretty potent as well. I picked up Horizons and I've had a few planetary landings, although I've mostly just bounced off the surface in rather spectacular fashion. I had one instance where I went in for a landing, completely overcooked it, bashed into an antenna and then got stuck on it, with a loitering warning counting down from 25 seconds! I managed to get away with 5 seconds to spare.

I've got a nice pot of cash saved and I'm waiting until the end of this CG to upgrade to an Anaconda for the fighter bay addon etc. I don't really have time to rep-grind for a Cutter or Corvette, which is a shame because I'd really love one!

With that said, my big issue is still the grind. Jeez, it's a slog to get things done. I had a go at starting the Engineers, and even just reading up about the stuff to get things done with one, let alone the rest, is putting me off. I really want to upgrade my FSD, and weapons but even having to just get started with Felicity Farseer involved me having to buy an Asp Explorer, upgrade the FSD so I could jump the 400ly, then only to find that I had to then go somewhere else to buy Meta-alloys to even get her to speak with me! Yeah, it's a bit time consuming but it's nice to be back...

The joy of going to upgrade your FSD (fairly sure it's this item), only to find the NPC wants you to fly 5kly away from starting point before it'll unlock for you, which means you also then have to fly 5kly back to that place.

You know, Fdev, if you unlock this FSD in the first place, I could do that 5kly & actually sit back & enjoy it :rolleyes::p

Associate
I've had around a year off, reinstalled last night and dusted off the HOTAS. Will need a quick run around the cockpit to refamiliarise myself with the controls. Not yet hit the black.

I know it'll still be a grind, but it's one I've sunk countless hours into already and enjoyed thoroughly. I expect it to do the same again. May pop back to Sag A* again to see if anything has changed! ;)

Soldato
I've had around a year off, reinstalled last night and dusted off the HOTAS. Will need a quick run around the cockpit to refamiliarise myself with the controls. Not yet hit the black.

I know it'll still be a grind, but it's one I've sunk countless hours into already and enjoyed thoroughly. I expect it to do the same again. May pop back to Sag A* again to see if anything has changed! ;)

I always find replaying some of the tutorials is the best way to re-familiarise myself with the controls when I've taken an extended break, also a great way to get your combat reflexes re-attuned with zero risk ;)

Associate
How far out you reckon id need to go to go the last three ranks in explorer. (Currently 4% pathfinder)
Currently 6,000LY out and well bored :(
I have a 50LY jump anaconda, so it only took about 2hours to get this far out, not looking forward to coming home!

SPG

SPG

Soldato
No idea exploring bores the be-jesus out of me. Jump--- Ooo a red sun ---- jump --- Ohh a brown drawf ---- Jump ---- Oooo two sun --- Jump repeat.

I did Palins requirement distance got the response and promptly killed myself. I fail to grasp any reason why people would waste time on such a tedious endeavour of exploring the same thing for weeks on end.

But the corvette is all beam lasers now

Associate
Im trying to hit elite on something which will grant me access to the founders world with every ship and module available, a nice base for your ships :)
Don't have beta access :(

Associate
WARNING!

In case any of you've not heard about it (I hadn't) there's a skimmer bug in game, where if you head to a planetary base, there's a chance skimmers won't spawn as normal, they'll spawn high above ground & plummet. You're supposed to wait outside base for a while until (if...?) they correct themselves.

Funny? I hear you say...

Nope! It just happened to me, one plummeted, hit my ship & base thought I was attacking it so it blew me out of the sky, destroying 140+ton of ore & some more mission junk, cartography, quests & scans all lost :mad:

Managed to kill loads of ships trying to get my stuff for over a week & avoid others, only for this to happen :/

Ticketed, hopefully get something back.

Soldato
access to the founders world with every ship and module available, a nice base for your ships :)
I have access. Didn't think it was especially good as a base, myself and, for reasons of nostalgia I expect, don't want to risk upsetting The Dark Wheel.

In case any of you've not heard about it (I hadn't) there's a skimmer bug in game, where if you head to a planetary base, there's a chance skimmers won't spawn as normal, they'll spawn high above ground & plummet.
Did they not fix this in the last update, then?

Back
Top Bottom