*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Associate
Two good things came from the new trailer.

A nice shiny new wallpaper...

THE_RETURN_2.4_HD.png

& more memes for the ED meme thread :D

do05u2y7dwlz.jpg

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Is it just me but does the entire artwork for the thargoids a steaming pile of vegetable garden mess. Its like rose petals in space.... quick fetch me monty don for some sugar water to kill the greenfly.

Associate
Hmm...

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/376915-Powerplay-2-4-Un-Pledge-Notice

"Powerplay 2.4 Un-Pledge Notice
We hope you’re all excited for 2.4 The Return on September 26, I’m sure you’ve all seen the recent cinematic short video from last night’s livestream. I hope you are all as excited and terrified as I am for the update!

As you may know (I didn't know, had no idea at all...), in 2.4 there will be some new changes to pilots federation bounties and rebuys which Sandro has been discussing on the forums.

As Powerplay features consensual, player-versus-player interactions, this will provide exemption from Pilot’s Federation bounties and the ship rebuy penalty when entering into legitimate Powerplay PVP combat when 2.4 arrives. To ensure a smooth transition, we are going to un-pledge any Commander that has not participated in Powerplay on or around the launch of 2.4.

Any Commander with zero merits at this time will be un-pledged. If you wish to remain pledged, all you have to do is earn a single merit by this date.

This is a one-time effect; you are free to pledge again if you are un-pledged."

> As Powerplay features consensual, player-versus-player interactions...

It does? Only reason I picked a clan/guild or wtf you want to call it, was because it offered an item I wanted that you couldn't get without joining.

That has **** all to do with me "consenting to pvp", it's strictly a "join or you don't get Nth item" thing.

Associate
If anyone needs some scans for engineers grind, HIP 996 Beaufoy's Folly station S/M landing pad right near it) has three refugee spawns that drop the following:

Classified Data Scans
Anomalous Bulk Data Scan
Inconsistent Shield Soak Analysis
Untypical Shield Scans
Peculiar Shield Frequency Data
Distorted Shield Cycle Recordings
Unidentified Scan Archives
Aberrant Shield Pattern Analysis

Can just log out/in & re-scan all over again.

It's easy stuff.

Last edited:
Permabanned
If anyone needs some scans for engineers grind, HIP 996 has three refugee spawns that drop the following:

Classified Data Scans
Anomalous Bulk Data Scan
Inconsistent Shield Soak Analysis
Untypical Shield Scans
Peculiar Shield Frequency Data
Distorted Shield Cycle Recordings
Unidentified Scan Archives
Aberrant Shield Pattern Analysis

Can just log out/in & re-scan all over again.
thanks for that

Soldato
Folks, say I buy a ship at one station and then I move in a different ship to another station.

Is it possible to physically relocate to that first ship? Or bring it to me (without having to physically travel there?)

Associate
Folks, say I buy a ship at one station and then I move in a different ship to another station.

Is it possible to physically relocate to that first ship? Or bring it to me (without having to physically travel there?)

Go into stations UI, there's a part under same area for buying new ships, that allows NPCs to grab any of your other ships & brings them to you.
Costs money & takes time, but makes life easier.

Soldato
Go into stations UI, there's a part under same area for buying new ships, that allows NPCs to grab any of your other ships & brings them to you.
Costs money & takes time, but makes life easier.
Sweet. And whatabout if you want to go to the location where your ship is?
So effectively you've got a ship in each station....

Soldato
Ok folks, so finally got Astra Voicepack to work well and I want to start to get into Elite again via VR.

Big question.... how the hell do I navigate the galaxy map, its quite frustrating and I don't know how.

Is there any trick or advice to this?

SPG

SPG

Soldato
No idea.

But I have unlocked all the engineers now.

Took me a while to get to deadly, but I recommend compromised NAV beacons. Just do notngo with any cargo.

Associate
No idea.

But I have unlocked all the engineers now.

Took me a while to get to deadly, but I recommend compromised NAV beacons. Just do notngo with any cargo.

Bet you're glad they're not adding more engineers in 2.4 ;)
Damn sure I am, especially as still got a few more left :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom