*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Bet you're glad they're not adding more engineers in 2.4 ;)
Damn sure I am, especially as still got a few more left :rolleyes:

Totally, we shall have to see what the new grindplay will bring. If it is as bad as last time I think I am done with progression and just fly around SOL relaxing to some tunes.

Associate
Totally, we shall have to see what the new grindplay will bring. If it is as bad as last time I think I am done with progression and just fly around SOL relaxing to some tunes.

Well, they are meant to be dumping the RNG bit which is my main gripe about Engineers though which part of 2.4.x (or 2.5-hope not!) that is and when it'll arrive who knows (well us probably in 2 weeks time). I personally don't find the unlocking of Engineers grindy but I've been happy with doing it a bit at a time and don't mind if it takes months as I don't view ED as a game to complete.

Soldato
Can you clarify this?

At the Expo on the 7th October they are going to discuss this further, no official info has been said, but it seems an idea obsidian ant put across may have gone down well.
This is where there is a slider, so you can choose where you want to accept the engineering mod. So say far right on slider might have lots of laser damage but with higher heat output, whereas to the left would be less heat but also less damage output.

Hope this makes sense, so you get to choose if your ship can handle the extra heat and have maximum damage output or if your already struggling with heat have a lower dps and lower heat.

The change being looked at was hinted about by Sandro Sammarco on the latest 2.4 lore live stream on Thursday last week.

Soldato
Someone on Reddit reminded me today, that I'd posted a Strawpoll asking about who had/hadn't seen Thargoid scripted event.
https://www.strawpoll.me/13799543

Kind of expected more to not have seen it, but not by this much.
I spent hours flying around Maia hoping to get interdicted but nope didn't happen. Then hung around the barnacles in my srv for hours too only to see f all too. :( Iam not sure the Thargoids exist.

Associate
I spent hours flying around Maia hoping to get interdicted but nope didn't happen. Then hung around the barnacles in my srv for hours too only to see f all too. :( Iam not sure the Thargoids exist.

It's war propaganda, to make us go to war against someone else when we're finally told there are no aliens, it was all just a misunderstanding ;)

Soldato
Same, spent several hours the night of the live stream hopping around the area and nada :(

Associate
Pleiades Sector IX-S B4-4 B 1
(-40.46 , 25.81)

Pleiades Sector JC-U B3-2 1 22.79, 94.08 Possibly exhausted
Pleiades Sector JC-U B3-2 1 21.91, 96.97 Guarded by turrets and skimmers.

Active
Pleiades Sector JC-U B3-2 1 -8.80, -13.36 Exhausted
Pleiades Sector OI-T C3-7 A 6 -42.77, -21.70 First sighting on Unknown Ship interaction on Jun. 2, 3303 by CMDR Mobiusetti.
Active

If you're in Pleiades area & I'm on Tuesday or Wednesday night, I can help out. Or some other night, see what's what ;)
Can go in private & I can head towards them as I have one or three marked thanks to being scanned. That way, you can just follow me & see them that way.

No idea how you add anyone in ED, but my in game is Svinoi Banana.

Associate
Well, if anyone wants a little surprise, do the following.

Head out to HIP 17044, go fairly close to the second planet & target Asterope in Galactic Map (don't plot a course, just select it as destination). Fly towards it for roughly 10-12kls. Re-target second planet, so you can see how far you're heading out, and look out for a distress call.

Enjoy. Recorded a clip, nothing much (literally next to sod all hehe) happens, but will try & upload it some time. 4+gb file :rolleyes:

Not really spoilers or anything, but if you want to go there & see for yourself, worth a trip.

Distress call
What a mess!

Last edited:
Soldato
Pleiades Sector IX-S B4-4 B 1
(-40.46 , 25.81)

Pleiades Sector JC-U B3-2 1 22.79, 94.08 Possibly exhausted
Pleiades Sector JC-U B3-2 1 21.91, 96.97 Guarded by turrets and skimmers.

Active
Pleiades Sector JC-U B3-2 1 -8.80, -13.36 Exhausted
Pleiades Sector OI-T C3-7 A 6 -42.77, -21.70 First sighting on Unknown Ship interaction on Jun. 2, 3303 by CMDR Mobiusetti.
Active

If you're in Pleiades area & I'm on Tuesday or Wednesday night, I can help out. Or some other night, see what's what ;)
Can go in private & I can head towards them as I have one or three marked thanks to being scanned. That way, you can just follow me & see them that way.

No idea how you add anyone in ED, but my in game is Svinoi Banana.

Ta muchly will have a ganders :)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Elite tedium has set in again, Even my fully loaded Corvette with a green full engineered beam loadout is not enough to bring excitement. The last CG in Hoi-Sin just drived home again how utterly dull this game is :)

Guess its time to put away and wait till the 26th

Soldato
Elite tedium has set in again, Even my fully loaded Corvette with a green full engineered beam loadout is not enough to bring excitement. The last CG in Hoi-Sin just drived home again how utterly dull this game is :)

Guess its time to put away and wait till the 26th

Will you manage.. I mean its a whole 4 days away..:D

Back
Top Bottom