*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Hmm, so I ventured in game today for first time in ages. Just to check out new planet skins/colourings.
They do look a little better when in orbit, heading in to land, but it's just the same old same old once you're on the ground.

I did notice that when shooting rocks & collecting them, you can now set selected ones as "Ignore" which I guess is handy if there's loads of junk & only one or two rares, but that was easily done via targetting already.

I really liked galnet audio. It was quite nice to get the lore piped into your ears and helped pass the time when travelling. Only had a brief go last night but will be checking out more tonight.

Chieftain is a great ship. Very maneuverable, if a bit squishy. Hardpoints are well placed.

Picked up one of the Thrustmaster T-16000m For £25 as an introduction to Sticks, for that price I thought it was worth a punt. If I start playing ED more I'll invest in the throttle as well.

Running out of room on my desk though, it's got to sit beside my G29, shifter and keyboard!

any good configs to use with the 16000m?

Picked up one of the Thrustmaster T-16000m For £25 as an introduction to Sticks, for that price I thought it was worth a punt. If I start playing ED more I'll invest in the throttle as well.

Running out of room on my desk though, it's got to sit beside my G29, shifter and keyboard!

any good configs to use with the 16000m?

Something like this? Ideally you'd get the throttle as well. Makes the configuration a lot tidier

https://goo.gl/images/gr9LeS

I was probably a better pilot with t16000+keyboard than I am with x52 stick+throttle.

And I must be the only one who remaps the twist axis to roll. Perhaps that's why the Gunship is my favourite ship (it yaws faster than most everything else).

It's a very good showcase for VR, throw in a hotas setup at the same time and it's immersion heaven. Only negative, I found the galaxy map mostly unusable though I suspect that is more keybinding being my issue.

It's a very good showcase for VR, throw in a hotas setup at the same time and it's immersion heaven. Only negative, I found the galaxy map mostly unusable though I suspect that is more keybinding being my issue.
Was just thinking the same thing about the 3D map.

HOWEVER the other day when I decided to use the VR instead of monitor, and went into the galaxy map... for some reason I was able to navigate around with the mouse.... I wasn't sure which option it was but its something to do with 3D mouse hardware rendering? It seemed to be able to allow clicks in 3D with reasonable accuracy and minimal frustration.... this was actually one of the reasons why I was using the monitor more.... but now I will go back to VR :)

I wasn't sure which option it was but its something to do with 3D mouse hardware rendering? It seemed to be able to allow clicks in 3D with reasonable accuracy and minimal frustration.... this was actually one of the reasons why I was using the monitor more.... but now I will go back to VR :)

Yep, you need to change the Mouse Cursor rendering under the graphics options from OS to one of the other in-game modes.

Good morning Commanders :cool:
A quick question about passenger runs. How much cargo space do I need to keep or can I swap all the cargo bits for passenger cabins?
Thanks

...Dolphin btw. Thank you in advance

I would fill the smallest slot you can with a cargo bay, just so you can accept missions with physical rewards. I had just 8 slots on my Python when I used it but it were enough to enable those missions.

I'm finding at the moment cargo haulage is much more profitable than passenger missions. I'm doing the Ceos/Sothis grind to raise money for a Viper to try out combat and the only pax missions on offer are low paying 200 - 300k sightseeing mission involving multiple jumps and extended play time. As a BBS courier mission proc at Sothis Mining for gold, silver or palladium to Ceos can net 500k on a full load, way more profitable to fold up the passenger seats and fly cargo instead.

There is some discussion over at the official forum that FDev have nerfed pax missions big time as people were making too much money from them. Who would have thought a game could become so political and highly charged..? There also seems to be a mega row going on at present regarding the rather despicable efforts of some players to ruin an in game tribute to a player very ill IRL. Some pretty nasty stuff going on and it kind of puts you off the whole ED scene.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom