*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Soldato
Who would have thought a game could become so political and highly charged..? There also seems to be a mega row going on at present regarding the rather despicable efforts of some players to ruin an in game tribute to a player very ill IRL. Some pretty nasty stuff going on and it kind of puts you off the whole ED scene.
Sounds like most online games I've played, TBH.
The Star Citizen forum is and the Freelancer forums used to be just as toxic.

Soldato
There is some discussion over at the official forum that FDev have nerfed pax missions big time as people were making too much money from them. Who would have thought a game could become so political and highly charged..? There also seems to be a mega row going on at present regarding the rather despicable efforts of some players to ruin an in game tribute to a player very ill IRL. Some pretty nasty stuff going on and it kind of puts you off the whole ED scene.

I will have nothing to do with the FD Dangerous discussions anymore. It is one of the most toxic forums i have come across. I post on GTA forums, including reddit and they are no where near the vitriol that can be spouted by some on DD. There is no in between just my view or you're wrong. Oh and come back when you git gud...

Watching some of the updates on the beta, I expect a bun fight will ensure on the engineer proposals....

Last edited:
Soldato
I expect a bun fight will ensure on the engineer proposals....

Seems likely! As a relatively new player I haven't touched Engineers yet though I have unlocked a couple of invites. Sorting through the chaff at ED, seems the consensus is to leave off and wait and see as things likely to change in 3.0, possibly nerf updates people have already done on their ships. On a wider note I really begin to feel there is too much micro management of how things work in the game by FDev, probably covered by the EULA but people buy a game to play it as is, by all means fix bugs and faults but don't radically adjust how the game operates.

Associate
The Engineering system in the Beyond beta is much better & FDev have made a number of changes to it in beta 2 in response to feedback. FDev also have apologised for not disabling the Blackmarket on Dove's Enigma though to be fair to them I doubt many people would have thought that some waste of space would UA bomb a charity event. Regardless, the attack was countered by other commanders so even though one person was a total piece of scum many more weren't & unfortunately every game has such cases of human waste.

Soldato
I'm finding at the moment cargo haulage is much more profitable than passenger missions. I'm doing the Ceos/Sothis grind to raise money for a Viper to try out combat and the only pax missions on offer are low paying 200 - 300k sightseeing mission involving multiple jumps and extended play time. As a BBS courier mission proc at Sothis Mining for gold, silver or palladium to Ceos can net 500k on a full load, way more profitable to fold up the passenger seats and fly cargo instead.

There is some discussion over at the official forum that FDev have nerfed pax missions big time as people were making too much money from them. Who would have thought a game could become so political and highly charged..? There also seems to be a mega row going on at present regarding the rather despicable efforts of some players to ruin an in game tribute to a player very ill IRL. Some pretty nasty stuff going on and it kind of puts you off the whole ED scene.

I'm finding the opposite, Passenger runs are scooping me up about 1million CRs every 30mins ....Cargo runs I'm finding are 1million CRs every hour.
I'm enjoying passenger runs more too so all good

Soldato
On a wider note I really begin to feel there is too much micro management of how things work in the game by FDev, probably covered by the EULA but people buy a game to play it as is, by all means fix bugs and faults but don't radically adjust how the game operates.
Depends on the alterations and what they're in response to.
They scrapped the Rescue button, but gave us Fuel Scoops instead.

I'm personally not a fan of Engineers either, as mucking around with all the different standard modules to get a good balance is already too much like work.

Associate
Hi, I have picked up the standard version in a sale kicked it off for a couple of hours last night and learning as I go :)

Is there a OCUK server/community? I will be noobing around in solo play till get a bit better and wondering if it is worthwhile getting involved in multiplayer.

Watching tutorials and starting on some low quests :)

CitizenX

Associate
One change in notes I think is stupid:

Missions

Leftover cargo from a Delivery Wing Mission is now flagged as Stolen for all wing members

So, perfectly legal cargo will be flagged as illegal once quest is complete?:rolleyes:

Associate
Is there a OCUK server/community? I will be noobing around in solo play till get a bit better and wondering if it is worthwhile getting involved in multiplayer.

No, but you might find these discord hand…
Galactic Academy… https://discord.gg/0ov97zGV3VZlCnlX
Elite One… https://discordapp.com/invite/0Z0jfYXDNYxl5H71
Mobius (the PVE group)… https://discord.gg/RrFfNmU
Elite Torval & TSS (the Powerplay group & Player Group I am member of, feel free to ask anything you want in the Public Tea Room, you don't have to join)… https://discord.gg/01208H0qcjUPFPbm6

Also feel free to ask me anything in game, just send me a friend request; Justinian Octavius

Leftover cargo from a Delivery Wing Mission is now flagged as Stolen for all wing members. So, perfectly legal cargo will be flagged as illegal once quest is complete?:rolleyes:

If a wing takes a delivery mission & then one member doesn't finish it but the other wing members do, without this change it would mean the member who didn't finish it has effectively been given a load of free stuff.

Soldato
I doubt many people would have thought that some waste of space would UA bomb a charity event. Regardless, the attack was countered by other commanders so even though one person was a total piece of scum many more weren't & unfortunately every game has such cases of human waste.
crikey, what's behind this story? last i heard about ED trolls was something about a group assassinating some character in Drew's live event thing.

Soldato
crikey, what's behind this story? last i heard about ED trolls was something about a group assassinating some character in Drew's live event thing.
That same group, the Smiling Dogs, basically UA-Bombed the Dove Enigma, an in-game megaship expedition event held in tribute to a very ill player by the same username (DoveEnigma13).

http://isokix.space/dove-enigma-ua-bombed/

Soldato
ta for the info, sounds like your typical bunch of ****wits thinking trolling is now amusing and something to be proud of. don't see why FD don't start deleting accounts though, sure something could happen accidentally if there's no definitive reason due to T&Cs breaches or what have you.

edit, starred that myself since the censor missed it.

Soldato
ta for the info, sounds like your typical bunch of ****wits thinking trolling is now amusing and something to be proud of. don't see why FD don't start deleting accounts though
As I understand it, some of SDC went on Reddit and explained that they were unaware of the event, there was miscommunication, that they were just hitting random targets in Colonia (over 100 to choose from), etc etc...
The debate continues over whether behaviour like SDCs is in keeping with the Play Any Way You Want/Play Your Own Game sort of mentality... While they do **** up other peoples' game, it is in keeping with playing pirates and terrorists and the like and it does spice things up to have a massed crew of highly talented griefers able to go stomping on everyone's parade and punishing the carebears.

I do think they're just ****** myself, but there's nothing in the rules against that. Either you Git Gud or you go play something else.

Associate
One thing I've not seen, is anyone starting a group to help protect places that are getting UA bombed.
There's no reason why some folk shouldn't be sat there, ready to take out any SDC or other similar groups that are doing similarly.

As for fdev just banning players for doing stuff like this, that won't happen, because as others have said, they're breaking no game rules. I imagine if fdev suddenly banned some of them for doing what they're doing, it would lead to massive bad rep in the gaming press, if not some legal problems, if someone were to fight back.

Soldato
One thing I've not seen, is anyone starting a group to help protect places that are getting UA bombed.
There's no reason why some folk shouldn't be sat there, ready to take out any SDC or other similar groups that are doing similarly.

Would only work if the ****s did it in Open play, which of course they most certainly wouldn't. And if they ever say that they are, then that is just more **** piled on top of the original ****, same as any pvp ganker who claims to do all their trading runs in Open.

As for fdev just banning players for doing stuff like this, that won't happen, because as others have said, they're breaking no game rules. I imagine if fdev suddenly banned some of them for doing what they're doing, it would lead to massive bad rep in the gaming press, if not some legal problems, if someone were to fight back.

They should put something in the game to act as a deterrent though. Something like special missions to scan signal sources in a system within a certain time frame after the unknown artefacts have been delivered to a station, where the scan leads towards identifying the ****s involved. Make it a mini ongoing community goal such that after x number of players have scanned y pieces of evidence, then it can be turned in to either fully expose them to allow some kind of penalty which will make them think twice, or even have it as an official in game penalty of forfeiture of your pilots license, in other words account ban. And they wouldn't be able to moan about that being a thing, since it would be "in the game" and they would have to "git gudder" to avoid being caught.

Associate
No, but you might find these discord hand…
Galactic Academy… https://discord.gg/0ov97zGV3VZlCnlX
Elite One… https://discordapp.com/invite/0Z0jfYXDNYxl5H71
Mobius (the PVE group)… https://discord.gg/RrFfNmU
Elite Torval & TSS (the Powerplay group & Player Group I am member of, feel free to ask anything you want in the Public Tea Room, you don't have to join)… https://discord.gg/01208H0qcjUPFPbm6

Also feel free to ask me anything in game, just send me a friend request; Justinian Octavius

If a wing takes a delivery mission & then one member doesn't finish it but the other wing members do, without this change it would mean the member who didn't finish it has effectively been given a load of free stuff.

Hi and thank you, i may take you up on that offer.

Side note I just bought the standard version, is buying the Deluxe version worth it? will I have two games then?

Been watching some tutorials and restarting for the third time tonight but have a better grasp :D

Many thanks
CitizenX

Back
Top Bottom