*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Associate

The material rewards in missions have been changed. The sides way & downgrade conversion rates for the Material Trader should probably be improved but the upgrade one is fine. Just do a couple of passenger missions.

Side note I just bought the standard version, is buying the Deluxe version worth it? will I have two games then?

So just the base game & not with Horizons Season Pass? In that case no as the only thing extras you get over buying the Horizons/Beyond Season Pass is some cosmetics from the store & yes you will have 2 games which if you buy direct from FDev you can email customer support to get the extra game moved to a new account (you can't with Steam) but to me it would be a waste of money. Is the Horizons Season Pass worth it? Most definitely; engineers, planetary landings, more ships; it's basically most of the best game features now & imho you should pick it asap as you'll miss out on a lot without it.

Soldato
Anyone else started to lose the will to live on the way to Colonia? I'm about half way and was thinking about going on to Sag *A but have to grind put another 500 or so jumps for colonia with with my un engineered Asp explorer avergaing about 25ly per jump....half the problem is the strong compulsion I feel to fly around the systems scanning all the planets for the £££'s and to appease the compulsive urge I have which I may and I will want to leave no objects' unexplored'.... netted me about 12 million so far when I hace stopped of on the way at the colonia route stations...

How to people ever make it to Beagle Point and remain sane?

Last edited:
Soldato
Can I ask what is the purpose to get to Colonia? Am I missing something?
Also I never understood the Sag*A thing... I never read up about it and was just completely ignorant! Whats it about?

Soldato
Also I never understood the Sag*A thing... I never read up about it and was just completely ignorant! Whats it about?

I suppose its just a way to sate the human desire to explore and get yourself up the exploring ranks in doing so (whilst earning some $$$'s)

Soldato
I can only stomach exploring in small chunks. I might nip out to one of the nearby nebulae, which is worth doing, especially with a travel buddy as you can then take group selfies when you get to a nice spot.

Supposedly beyond is going to address exploration, so I look forwards to seeing what they do with it.

Associate

I'm in Colonia at the moment. The main reason I set out here was to push the exploration capabilities of my Diamondback Explorer.

However now I'm here it's quite a chilled out area. It's been described as being like the original Elite i.e. without engineers or factions etc. That is basically what it's like

I've been out here for a couple of months. I've built up to a Python, and im going to try my hand at mining then bounty hunting. Then I'll head back to the bubble in time for the new 'Beyond' content.

Colonia is a good break from all of the complexity of the bubble.

Soldato
Started playing properly at the weekend having originally tried the game a few years back and quickly getting bored. Had some friends help me get some quick cash through wing bonuses and it's allowed me to buy a Cobra Mk3. Forgot how good the ships sound in this, especially when another ship buzzes past you really closely - had it happen yesterday and I nearly jumped off my chair!

Associate
Can anyone point me to some tips info etc had this game for quite a while but kinda afraid to start it I'm not a massive pc player just started getting into it and the amount of keys kinda puts me off. Also when I have tried it before I just lost every dogfight

Associate
If the amount of key presses is off putting, get VoiceAttack software for about £5. You'll need a headset with a mic, butit makes the game a lot easier saying the commands rather than pressing the keys.

Soldato
Can anyone point me to some tips info etc had this game for quite a while but kinda afraid to start it I'm not a massive pc player just started getting into it and the amount of keys kinda puts me off. Also when I have tried it before I just lost every dogfight

Consider picking up a cheap HOTAS, completely transforms the game IMO

Soldato
Must admit I'm starting to think about going out to Colonia and then on to Sag A. Been playing since Xmas and I fancy something a bit more than the usual grind. It will actually lend a sense of purpose to the game and lots of in game credits to be made from getting exploration data. Looking around I see there is kind of an official "trail" which gets you from the Bubble to Colonia, with a station every 2K LY that will enable repairs to be done, sell off any rocks collected on the way and a rebuy fallback. However I presume out of Colonia there is nothing en route to Sag so you are really out in the black all alone. What's the view on an official starting point? Sol or anywhere you happen to be?

Associate
Must admit I'm starting to think about going out to Colonia and then on to Sag A. Been playing since Xmas and I fancy something a bit more than the usual grind. It will actually lend a sense of purpose to the game and lots of in game credits to be made from getting exploration data. Looking around I see there is kind of an official "trail" which gets you from the Bubble to Colonia, with a station every 2K LY that will enable repairs to be done, sell off any rocks collected on the way and a rebuy fallback. However I presume out of Colonia there is nothing en route to Sag so you are really out in the black all alone. What's the view on an official starting point? Sol or anywhere you happen to be?

That's got me interested in Sag A too, before I head back to the bubble. IdI'be interested in tips on how to get there too.

Back
Top Bottom