*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Soldato
Really need to get into this game but don't know where to start complete beginner but would love to sink some hours into it

Same here I've had it since launch & was big fan of previous versions but this one just never grabbed me
Not sure why as I really was looking forward to putting in some serious hours.
Im guessing its a bit late to start now though.

Soldato
It's never too late. I'd rather be starting as a newbie then one that's had it all and lost it...

Haven't touched this since the beta launched recently. Have been waiting for Chapter One to release, honestly didn't expect it to be so soon.

Level 5 drive grind incoming.

Soldato
Looking forward to the new content, currently still hooked after only really starting playing the other week!

Im guessing its a bit late to start now though.
No such thing as too late, and worst comes to worst you'll only be 2 weeks behind me :p

A friend mentioned this link not working (used for info on trading) and all looks fine until you enter anything to search, so anybody else having better luck or is the link now dead?

http://www.elitedangeroustrading.com
I saw something on Reddit earlier saying one of the Database sites was down from an attack or something, maybe this site uses that one, or it's been targetted in some way too?

Best place to start standard or horizons I have both?
May as well start with horizons, no benefit to not doing so.

Associate
Looking forward to the new content, currently still hooked after only really starting playing the other week!

No such thing as too late, and worst comes to worst you'll only be 2 weeks behind me :p

I saw something on Reddit earlier saying one of the Database sites was down from an attack or something, maybe this site uses that one, or it's been targetted in some way too?

May as well start with horizons, no benefit to not doing so.

I think it's terrible that you must buy Horizon in order to enjoy the game as it was meant to be, but in any case having Horizon is not just about being able to land on planets, but about finding alien bases, tech, resources, etc. It's a good game and best to watch some Youtube clips for reviews on the different ships and also giving additional information on how to land on planets and use the vehicle (there are in game tutorials as well, but I suggest watching the other clips too).

Associate
honestly didn't expect it to be so soon.
They have to release before March as they are moving into a shiny new headquarters. I'm pretty confident though that they will have fixed everything that needed to be as the beta was mostly solid.

Best place to start standard or horizons I have both?
Horizons, no question. You get planetary landings, engineering, more ships, more missions… it's basically were a lot of the content now is.

I think it's terrible that you must buy Horizon in order to enjoy the game as it was meant to be

Tbh I don't think FDev envisaged the game to be as popular as it has been otherwise they wouldn't have gone with the season pass funding model to begin with. Beyond, season 3, is free if you own Horizons & that indicates to me that they wish to move away from it & I suspect the only reason why there is still a base game & Horizons is because of the Mac (Horizons doesn't work on it). When on sale, iirc, both the base game & Horizons/Beyond only cost £16.00 - that's one heck of deal imho!

Associate

Yes, an attempt was made to hack EDDB so it was taken down for a few hours. I recommend people use EDDB to find commodities, or anything else for that matter… https://eddb.io/trade/commodity

Back
Top Bottom