*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Soldato
FYI vive owners with nvidia cards. New steamvr beta now supports asynchronous reprojection and my word it certainly improves performance, enables you to bump up the graphics and completely removes all episodes of stuttering with my set-up. Very impressed!

Soldato
Well that's just ******* retarded! I've just spent the last hour or so killing wanted criminals in a resource site. I always wait for the scanner to show if they're wanted or not before engaging so as not to attract any bounties. Anyway, there I was sitting right on the tail of a wanted FDL stripping his shields with my beam lasers when some dick of a Federal Security Service in a Viper decided to fly right through my beams at about 20m distance.

Cue me losing just over 2 million in bounties because I was gang-raped by all his friends before I could lose mass lock and jump out. Why the hell should I lose out due to some poor AI programming?

It would seem that it's still a bit sensitive. The fact the a tiny bounty of 300cr or so results in every cop in the system ganking you is mad.

For a start if you are locked on another target and do damage to a second ship there should be (and maybe there is) a far greater margin before you get the bounty.

Secondly the security forces should attack people in order of bounty. I.e. they go after the pirate with 30,000cr before you with 300cr.

Lastly this is one reason I love my FDL. It can outrun them. 4 pips to engine, stow weapons, boost, boost, boost and jump to another system to wait out the 5 minutes.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I think chemical manipulators have been removed from the game.

2 days killing T9s, T7, T6, Keelbacks... haulers.. Nothing.

Getting mightly ****ed off with the Elite grind again.....

I didnt even feel bad killing Refugees :)

Associate
Quite enjoying the neutron star FSD overcharge. I get a 132ly jump range. I guess I could hop from one to another. Stopping off at a nearby scoopable star. Also, scanning them, making some credits whilst exploring.

132ly, nice, what ships that in?
Should make the run out to Jaques a bit easier if you can plot via neutrons...

You can :) I helped the early colonia settlers a couple of months ago begin plotting the neutron highway from the bubble to colonia (jaques). The first route has now been published and is just 44 x jumps :)

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/281825-2-2-Building-the-Neutron-Highway-Grid

FYI vive owners with nvidia cards. New steamvr beta now supports asynchronous reprojection and my word it certainly improves performance, enables you to bump up the graphics and completely removes all episodes of stuttering with my set-up. Very impressed!

Sweet - will try that later, had it turned on for the Rift.

Look what people have found!!!! :eek: (not my pictures)

Me thinks ED is getting very interesting. ;)

How do people find this stuff so quickly??? that is what I would like to know... with the millions of planets out there and the fact you have to either fly to each one and orbit it or check it out in the system map the chances of finding something must be very low.

Soldato
There are some hard core nerds in this game. :D No idea how he could've found this place. Though it was a lot closer to the bubble than I would've expected anything like this to be.

Anyway I dashed out there and did what any good Imperial should do. Drive over everything in my SRV, scan things without any consideration that this might do something bad, then steal stuff with impunity. :D

I did briefly pop in to open to see how many ships were about. Though immediately upon loading some 'tard started taking pot shots at me :)rolleyes:) and chat was a bit salty.

Associate
Since the missions now seem to be worth sod all, I though I would go and investigate the alien site. It was something like 375ly from where I was.

I'm a still a bit of a noob so once I was out of my normal bubble there seemed to be no ports or stations even after scanning, am I missing something? Anyway I fuel scooped my way over, spent an hour or so orbiting the planet before I found the site along with loads of other commanders many who gave up.

I landed, scanned as much as I could and picked up about 6 relics then headed for civilization. Ballsed up on a fuel scoop and burnt the cargo I had spent the last 3 hrs getting and made it back to a station.

I managed to scan some data for engineers but not got a clue if it's of any value. Bit peed off about the relics but hey ho...

14753295_10155389300054447_2308806363459261947_o.jpg

Associate
I doubt it. Here are the two scenes from the video.
pic1_zpseya3bnw3.png

pic2_zpsjdjt1kck.png

Except he managed somehow to find the purple star easily, there are no clues as to where the location is.

Imho, he hacked around the game files.

ex8Mx3j.png

The left image is directly from frontier promotional video showing off patch 2.2. The right image is in game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/59l4hk/cmdr_xdeath_found_the_monolith/

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ology-and-other-mysteries-Thread-9-The-Canonn

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom