*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Associate
[Death];30300355 said:
man upgrades are very expensive for it!, looks like im going to have to get money and fast. anyone got a good trade route, or is passengers a good one to get into?

Have you considered doing some Rare's trading?

The Cobra is ideally suited to it, depending upon your cargo capacity of course.

Man of Honour
OP
[Death];30299808 said:
looks like cobra it is then, thinking i may store my eagle just for some quick bountys to keep cash flow

Swap it for a Viper, much more of a bounty crunching machine. Then upgrade to the vulture :p

The cobra - although awesome in its own right - might feel a little clumsy in combat coming from these ships though.

Associate
Swap it for a Viper, much more of a bounty crunching machine. Then upgrade to the vulture :p

The cobra - although awesome in its own right - might feel a little clumsy in combat coming from these ships though.

have the eagle in storage and riding around in the cobra at the moment, bit clumsey but damn it kills stuff fast with the good weapons lol. may trade up the eagle for the viper tho and see how that performs :D

Man of Honour
OP
The hardpoint placement on the Viper is (well, was... when I played last, over a year ago!) far, far superior to that on the Cobra. Boom 'n' zoom combat style means that it can punch well above its weight. I preferred it to the cobra by miles, but of course it's impossible to do any worthwhile trading whereas the Cobra is a rares-shuttling force to be reckoned with.

Soldato
[Death];30300355 said:
man upgrades are very expensive for it!, looks like im going to have to get money and fast. anyone got a good trade route, or is passengers a good one to get into?

Focus on getting an A rated FSD first, everything else is secondary. I'd suggest doing some missions so you can level up your rep and unlock some decent payouts. Either that or get involved with a community goal that is doing transport stuff if you want something low risk.

Permabanned
The hardpoint placement on the Viper is (well, was... when I played last, over a year ago!) far, far superior to that on the Cobra. Boom 'n' zoom combat style means that it can punch well above its weight. I preferred it to the cobra by miles, but of course it's impossible to do any worthwhile trading whereas the Cobra is a rares-shuttling force to be reckoned with.

ASP Explorer is much better than the Cobra for Rares once you get hold of it.

Associate

Cobra can easily outrun anything though, at least when I had one many moons ago. Face something that's too tough? Boost out of there and you're soon out of range and they can't catch you.

Faster than the Viper iirc

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Is there a way to reduce the activation angle for the side UI menus?
I'm using a Vive and it feels like it's 90 degrees to the left or right.

Man of Honour
OP
Cobra can easily outrun anything though, at least when I had one many moons ago. Face something that's too tough? Boost out of there and you're soon out of range and they can't catch you.

Faster than the Viper iirc

Ah yeah, I was getting them confused, Cobra is the boom 'n' zoom special whereas the Viper is more agile beast.

Unless something's changed radically with the way you pay for ships nowadays, it should cost nothing to try both :D

Back
Top Bottom