**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Caporegime
Absolutely no surprises that Affliction have canned the promotional side, that's what happens when you pay the likes of Tim Sylvia £800,000 to get whooped in 30 seconds.

Soldato
OP
Not true... The UFC has questionable opposition at best in the HW catergory. The only person of note is Brock Lesnar!

If he reaches his potential there is no one in the UFC who can match him, even where he is now there aren't many people who size up to the challenge!

Fedor is regarded by most as the true best HW in the world.

I personally agree Fedor is the best HW in the world. But to your average UFC fan, they have barely heard of him and wouldn't know a lot of people he has beaten either.

It would be nice for him to come to the UFC beat Lesnar then reign the HW division with his iron grip until he retired, least he could have rematches with Nog and maybe Crocop. He could fight Lesnar and Couture.

Soldato
OP
Anyone watching Strikeforce tonight?

Babalu Vs Mousasi is the main event, should be a decent one.

Gina Carano Vs Cris Cyborg, could truly put womens MMA on the map, or if Cyborg completely smashes Carano, could make more people dislike womens mma.

Associate
Just a quick question. Going to be starting MMA training next week, was wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions in the form of clothing/equipment/technique/do's and dont's etc. from previous experience?

Last edited:
Soldato
Cyborg has a jawline that would scare most men. Lot of rumours about her taking steroids. I hope Carano wins, apart from being hot, shes one of the more likeable women in MMA as well as being an excellent muay thai exponent.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
I look forward to seeing what Pudzy can do, I see 2 tired big men rolling around if this makes it past the 2nd round or even the 1st.

On another note Big Nog has got Staph again!

and the Lesnarsaurus is even more ill, they don't know whats wrong with him but Dana White has spoken of an interim title holder once Valasquez vs Carwin I would have thought.

Soldato
I'm quite looking forward to seeing Ortiz taking on Forrest Griffin in UFC 106 on the 21st November. As much as everyone loves to hate him, Ortiz was a right character. I'd love to see some of the old names coming back like Ken Shamrock and Liddell.

Soldato
OP
No chance, he has the technique level of a small child. If he can get some skills together with that strength he would give any HW a run for their money.

Lesnar has been wrestling a long long time, and strength is only 1 part of the puzzle. He would take him down an keep him there and pound him out.

I would love to see what Mariusz is like in say 2 years, if he keeps at it.

Back
Top Bottom