**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
Brock is back to health and should be fighting the winner of Mir v Carwin in the summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKT82zirUK0

Personally I would like to see a rematch with Mir it's 1 all now and Mir is finally a solid 265+ so shouldn't get bullied around like he did last time. Carwin is also interesting, but I want the rubber match.

Is he still the champ then? I'd like to see Lesnar v Mir III aswell :)

Soldato
OP
Yeah he is still champ. Mir Vs Carwin is for an interim title, and then they face Lesnar once he is ready, but he is still the champ.

Don't quite understand what the point of having an interim champ is when he has confirmed he is coming back in the summer.

Soldato
OP
Forgot to mention did anyone watch Strikeforce at the weekend? Was a really decent event,the org is shaping up nicely.

They really need to find a better opponent for Cyborg, hoping Toughill is next she should prove a much better challenge.

Herschel Walker was well erm boring, fair play to him for getting in there at 47. The man looks about 30 body wise. He had a gimme opponent who he really couldn't finish but did with erm armpit punches?

Nick diaz looked a beast once again, his punches look so soft but hit so hard, he now has called out GSP. I hope they bring him back to the UFC he is always good to watch at 170.

Manhoef vs Lawler was crazy, Manhoef just got lazy as he was dominating so much and Lawler has bricks for hands so that 1 punch was all it took.

Soldato
Yeah I see it!

The Walker fight was weird his opponent looked very erm lacklusture, I mean Walker was going from transition to transition like it was some sort of text book training lesson didnt really seem to have much of a fight :/

I <3 Manhoef as well the dude is a beast I was stunned to see him get KO'd what was he thinkng dropping his hands like that walked right into it! Those legs kicks though B.R.U.T.A.L the guy was almost spinning around when checking em lol

Im looking forward to the next Daley fight, its versus Koscheck isnt it?

Also the next WEC (think its the next) is looking pretty damn sweet as well

135 lbs.: WEC Bantamweight Champion Brian Bowles vs. Dominick Cruz

Main Card (Televised):

135 lbs.: Miguel Torres vs. Joseph Benavidez

Caporegime
Forgot to mention did anyone watch Strikeforce at the weekend?

Manhoef vs Lawler was crazy, Manhoef just got lazy as he was dominating so much and Lawler has bricks for hands so that 1 punch was all it took.

i watched this.. i was pretty much shocked by the finish. and ive seen a lot of fights so i dont get shocked easily. but not in this world did i see that coming.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I see it!

The Walker fight was weird his opponent looked very erm lacklusture, I mean Walker was going from transition to transition like it was some sort of text book training lesson didnt really seem to have much of a fight :/

I <3 Manhoef as well the dude is a beast I was stunned to see him get KO'd what was he thinkng dropping his hands like that walked right into it! Those legs kicks though B.R.U.T.A.L the guy was almost spinning around when checking em lol

Im looking forward to the next Daley fight, its versus Koscheck isnt it?

Also the next WEC (think its the next) is looking pretty damn sweet as well

135 lbs.: WEC Bantamweight Champion Brian Bowles vs. Dominick Cruz

Main Card (Televised):

135 lbs.: Miguel Torres vs. Joseph Benavidez

Yeah Daley Vs Kos, should be an easy win for Kos if he uses his wrestling, but I fear he will stand to prove a point and will get KO'd.

WEC is looking very tasty indeed.

Caporegime
Yeah Daley Vs Kos, should be an easy win for Kos if he uses his wrestling, but I fear he will stand to prove a point and will get KO'd.

WEC is looking very tasty indeed.

That's exactly Kos' and a number of other wrestling based fighters (Sherk springs to mind) problem. They come from a strong wrestling background then learn to strike, and want to become strikers..... they forget to stay with their roots then end up coming up against a striker and getting completely cleansed.

Matt Hamill is another, when was the last time you saw him go for a take down?

Good luck with the fight by the way!

Soldato
OP
Sherk is the worst for it! He has little t-rex arms and stays standing with people. He has always been a grinder, take them down and grind the gnp but no he decides to stand, and loses again and again in this fashion.

Before Rashads fight with Silva he said he was going back to being a mixed martial artist and using his wrestling, as for a time he would just strike also. He did say knocking people out was like a drug.

Even Chuck mixed it up when he fought Wanderlei!

Soldato
I couldn't believe the Manhoef fight either, he was battering Lawler, but a good finish though.

I think the WEC is looking good and I think Aldo could be the champion for quite a while and he'd dismantle Faber the same was he did Brown.

It'll also be interesting to see how Miguel Torres comes back from his loss as well.

Also, good luck with your next fight Dkore-Dex.:)

Associate
Demian Maia has been tapped as Vitor Belfort's replacement for the UFC middleweight title fight against Anderson Silva at UFC 112 from the Concert Arena from Ferrari World, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, on Saturday, April 10.

MMAmania.com (www.mmamania.com) confirmed the news with a source close to the situation earlier today.
Belfort's shoulder injury that forced him to pull out of the title fight yesterday shook the MMA world to its core. Discussion as to who would step in to face Silva in the main event at UFC 112 immediately took center stage with names like Chael Sonnen, Thiago Silva, and even Randy Couture getting thrown into the mix.

But as UFC President Dana White announced last night, Silva would fight at middleweight instead of taking on a top light heavyweight.

And though Chael Sonnen earned number one contender status with his victory over Nate Marquardt at UFC 109, the cut he suffered during the fight will not heal in time for Sonnen to get his shot.

Instead, the man who submitted Sonnen at UFC 95, Demain Maia, gets the lucky break.

Wonder if Maia will be more willing to engage than Leites was.

Soldato
Didn't realise Machida and Shogun are up again for UFC 113. Hopefully the judges get it correct this time, if it gets that far.

Also found this whilst looking for GSP's backflip fail.

edit: theres a buzzing noise at 0:44, might make you jump.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom