**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
No chance, he has the technique level of a small child. If he can get some skills together with that strength he would give any HW a run for their money.

Lesnar has been wrestling a long long time, and strength is only 1 part of the puzzle. He would take him down an keep him there and pound him out.

I would love to see what Mariusz is like in say 2 years, if he keeps at it.

Pud boxed for 7years and practices karate since the age of 11, probably looks awkred because of his sheer size.

Lets also not forget this was his first fight and im sure we remember brocks as well. The guy has some promise I reckon.

If he can work on his ground game he could be awesome! The thing is I watched this event last night and the rules seemed very odd :s As it was all polish I couldnt understand what they were saying but they stand fighters up quite early.

Soldato
OP
Pud boxed for 7years and practices karate since the age of 11, probably looks awkred because of his sheer size.

Lets also not forget this was his first fight and im sure we remember brocks as well. The guy has some promise I reckon.

If he can work on his ground game he could be awesome! The thing is I watched this event last night and the rules seemed very odd :s As it was all polish I couldnt understand what they were saying but they stand fighters up quite early.

"Apart from WSM, Pudzianowski is also known for practicing martial arts (he is a fourth kyu green belt in Kyokushin kaikan). Moreover he trained in the art of boxing as an amateur boxer"

If he has been doing Karate since 11, he is the slowest progressing person I have heard of if he is only Green by now. Id suggest he has trained on and off so wouldn't claim he has massive technical skill.

As for boxing you could be right it may be his size, but he didn't look at all technical in the ring, first fight nerves maybe.

I do have high hopes for him though! He can bench more than Lesnar weighs haha would be funny to see him just benching people off of side control.

Soldato
OP
What's peoples picks for UFC 107:

Penn Vs Sanchez = Penn I think he is too good standing and too good on the ground, he looks to be in even better shape this time too.

Mir Vs Kongo = I think Kongo will knock Mir out, I hope he does anyway lol

Fitch Vs Pierce = Fitch TKO

Florian Vs Guida = Guida will grind a decision, probable FOTN

Buentello Vs Struve = Headhunter by KO

Belcher Vs Gouveia = Belcher by KO

Wiman Vs Nelson = Don't care but I'll go Wiman

Hendricks Vs Funch = Hendricks, dunno anything about Funch

Pallhares Vs Linhaers = Pallhares by submission

Johnson Vs Garcia = As long as Demarques Johnson loses im happy.

Burns Vs Grant = Burns

Soldato
Penn looked untouchable in destroying Sanchez and very quickly knocked him out of his normal gameplan, awesome.

Frank Mir looked superb as well and he's in awesome shape and will give Brock a lot better fight next time round.

Ken Flo also looked good, as I thought Clay may have taken him.

Soldato
Penn was two leagues above sanchez, he was in complete control from the start and it looked like a training session for him. Sanchez will be n a bit of pain this morning with his splattered lip, busted eye and split head.
Nice hit from Mir but why the heck do so many fighters have such a low guard, especially at the start of the fight.
Only seen Guida fight once before, that was this week and I really like his style. He has a solid chin, recovers very quickly but couldn't quite get up from the mat quick enough.
Do not understand why Struve waited until the final round to use his huge reach advantage with the leg kicks. Potentially a good fighter but needs to make the most of his height right from the start.

Soldato
Guida seems to be up for a scrap but hes pretty poor standing up and im not overly convinced by him on the ground.

Penn was superb, Sanchez looked like he was about 2 leagues below him in terms of class. His face was an absolute mess at the end.

Quite a few good fights really and the TUF finale was pretty decent too.

Soldato
Try and watch the Sanchez v Guida fight, both were seriously hyped up beforehand and it is a classic.
That's the one I saw - great fight :). Guida took some tough punches in that and kept going, then a full kick to the face and straight back up. He is pretty darn tough!

Soldato
OP
I think Guida is going to be stuck as a gatekepper at 155, he isn't good enough to be top 5, but can weed out the newcomers.

An Florian is to 155 what Franklin is to 185, too good for the rest but not good enough to beat the champ :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah haha, I didn't think about Fitch he is the same. The one thing I don't like about Fitch is, he is not really a finisher he hasn't got the power in his hands, and isn't s super slick JuJitsu guy, he grinds it.

Has good fights though, just would like to see him finish more often.

Soldato
I've only just found out Mariusz Pudzianowski is now involved in MMA! :eek:

The guy's a beast! I'm sure talks of fights with Lesnar and Fedor will do doubt surface in the following months.

Pudzianowski made his MMA debut with a submission win on the 11th December.

I also didn't realise that he was only 32, I thought he was much older. Could have a good few years left in him to compete at the highest level of MMA.

Back
Top Bottom