**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Whilst the outcome of the fight was surprising and exciting, why did it look like both men were fighting in slow motion, throwing arm punches with no speed or technique, and both looking visibly gassed after a round of slow motion stand up? Looked like round 15 ali vs frazier after the first round.

maybe watching the fight after too many beers did that.

Cain looked like absolute **** in that fight, I guess 2 years off gave him some serious ring rust he was gassed at the end of the first round. The altitude won't have helped either of course.

Makes the HW division a bit more interesting I suppose, wouldn't be surprised if JDS comes in and takes Werdum out on the feet.

I still haven't gotten over Rogans rocker for the Latino TUF winner, I mean he won a close split decision and anyone would think he was the next Jon Jones or something.

2250m above sea level.

If what Joe said about Werdum being there for months and Cain being there for only a couple of weeks is correct then I'd imagine this was a huge factor in the result!

Yikes, just watched it.. Better eat my words.. Cain didn't look the same.

I know what you mean but would you be surprised to see Cain dominate in his next fight to earn a rematch and then absolutely destroy Wedum in a rematch much like he did against JDS?

The huge layoff since his last fight against JDS (Oct 2013!!) combined with the lack of preparation at that height above sea level made a huge difference imo!

Not taking anything away from Werdum, who fought a very intelligent fight and took quite a few of Cain's shots but an in "match fit" Cain with the proper preparation should be a far more competitive fight imo!

If what Joe said about Werdum being there for months and Cain being there for only a couple of weeks is correct then I'd imagine this was a huge factor in the result!

I know what you mean but would you be surprised to see Cain dominate in his next fight to earn a rematch and then absolutely destroy Wedum in a rematch much like he did against JDS?

The huge layoff since his last fight against JDS (Oct 2013!!) combined with the lack of preparation at that height above sea level made a huge difference imo!

Not taking anything away from Werdum, who fought a very intelligent fight and took quite a few of Cain's shots but an in "match fit" Cain with the proper preparation should be a far more competitive fight imo!

Problem with that theory is cain could dominate jds on the ground, which gave him an advantage in the stand up due to JDS knowing he was shot away from being on his back.

With werdum cain wanted no part of him on the ground, which made his stand up less effective, and only went to ground after getting beat up standing up. After the sub he aint going anywhere near a take down in rematch so is going to have to beat him standing up, which isn't exactly his strong point.

He could probably grind on him against cage for 5 rounds, but me thinking werdum is his boogie man as he is JDS's.

better for the division like this anyway, both JDS and Overeem should beat werdum but both lose to cain.

Apparently Cain's immense pride in his Mexican heritage doesn't actually extend to spending more than a couple of weeks living there; reminds me of Americans who will bore you to tears with stories of how proud they are to be "Irish", despite the fact that nobody in their family has actually been to Ireland since their great, great grandfather left over a century ago.

better for the division like this anyway, both JDS and Overeem should beat werdum but both lose to cain.
Cain has the personality of a bag of flour (and not that fancy organic wholemeal stuff either) and fights approximately once per ice age, he almost single-handedly killed off my interest in the heavyweight division.

There's talk of Werdum defending the title in 3 months. Three months! Cain wouldn't even have recovered from his first training camp injury and forced the UFC to reschedule his title defence yet in that time (before inevitably pulling out again from the rescheduled fight and forced another interim championship bout); heavyweight just got interesting again!

Just received an email from BT asking for another £5 a month from August If i want to get the new channels they're setting up (mainly for the Champions League Football). If you don't want to pay they're going to cut the service down to BT Sports 1 only, according to their site they're also taking the UFC to the new channels too.

I'm on Virgin TV as well so will still get 1 and 2 but thought those that watch the UFC through the BT app online might want the heads up. August 1 it starts.

I find it hard to get that interested in the current heavyweight contests. Really thinking about it I don't think they've reached a peak for quite some time and my alltime favourite fights in that category have all been back in PRIDE days.

Well JJ is a beast...

There were some really impressive performances tonight. Far better card than it looked from the start and I can easily see a lot of the fighters getting US card prelims next fight.

Back
Top Bottom