**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

I don't think its a problem him not retiring yet, he is still the best heavyweight in the world and still wants to fight, he is not yet past his prime. Plus the competition in the PFL is not going to be as tough as the UFC so he will likely take less damage.

Yeah I see what you mean especially with pfl level competition, its just you could see his emotion and tears in his face when he said he is done this was just for my son.

Best hw in the world, Tom has some jabs for him :D

Tom Aspinall definitely has the potential to be the best heavyweight in the world... but to be seen as the best he needs to get that full undisputed title, ideally by beating Jones, and then defend it a few times!

Great looking fight card in the UFC this coming weekend. Obviously hoping all the fighters whose surnames end in a V will be beaten. Would love Whittaker and Holloway to win but can't see it. Shame the HW scrap has been scratched though but it looks the rest of the card is going to shape the next couple of championship bouts particular at LHW. Middleweight division is shaping up well too.

I can't see Chimaev getting through Whittaker - I feel it's a relatively easy one for Whittaker but I'm often mistaken!

I just haven't seen anything from Chimaev which makes me think he's gonna be a problem for the division - who's he beat at Middleweight of note, and done so convincingly? You can't learn much from a 17 second win over Meerschaert IMO.

He struggled with Usman, who's a slow welterweight past his prime - had it been a 5 rounder Usman I think would have taken that fight.

Tom Aspinall definitely has the potential to be the best heavyweight in the world... but to be seen as the best he needs to get that full undisputed title, ideally by beating Jones, and then defend it a few times!
they are never going to make the fight with Jones. Aspinall is in his prime and Jones is fading, they don't want Aspinall knocking him out ruining his legacy. I'd be surprised if we see Jones fight again in UFC, he's been out since march 2023

they are never going to make the fight with Jones. Aspinall is in his prime and Jones is fading, they don't want Aspinall knocking him out ruining his legacy. I'd be surprised if we see Jones fight again in UFC, he's been out since march 2023
He's due to fight Miocic in 4 weeks. Do you think he'll pull out? I don't think he will but it wouldn't be a huge surprise if he did.

Why would you be surprised if Jones fights again? He is fighting Stipe and there is no indication this fight is off. As long as both stay healthy and uninjured, they will fight this 'exhibition match'.

Just a feeling. If he beats Stipe I think he retires or doesn't fight again for 12-18 months and he'll be pushing 40. He makes a lot of cash from this match, doesn't really need to fight again and risk getting KO'd. He's said he wanted to fight Stipe for a while so I think he'll go through with this. Stipe is 8th ranked at the moment, so why is this the title match they put on? Because people are desperate to see Jones fight again and he's less likely to lose. Just imo of course.

I hope Jon's ego doesn't allow him to retire before attempting to prove he's the best - as there are many people, myself included, who don't believe he's the best at HW.

Make no mistake, without a doubt he's the greatest LHW of all time (and arguably the P4P GOAT), but beating Stipe, who in his last outing lost to Ngannou, who's lost to a guy who Jon has already beaten twice, who's now in his 40s and coming off a 3.5 year lay off, does nothing for Jon's HW resume - he needs to beat Tom to retire on top of the UFC, he needs to beat Tom and Ngannou to retire on top of the world.

Just a feeling. If he beats Stipe I think he retires or doesn't fight again for 12-18 months and he'll be pushing 40. He makes a lot of cash from this match, doesn't really need to fight again and risk getting KO'd. He's said he wanted to fight Stipe for a while so I think he'll go through with this. Stipe is 8th ranked at the moment, so why is this the title match they put on? Because people are desperate to see Jones fight again and he's less likely to lose. Just imo of course.
Khalil Roundtree was No 8 or 9 when he got the title fight the other week so its not unheard of, but basically Dana wants to see Jones and Stipe fight, and those two want to fight each other. This is an exhibition match with title stakes and both Jones or Stipe will likely vacate the belt after this fight, likely leaving Aspinall to fight Gane or Pavlovich (again) for it.

Last edited:
I can't see Chimaev getting through Whittaker - I feel it's a relatively easy one for Whittaker but I'm often mistaken!

I just haven't seen anything from Chimaev which makes me think he's gonna be a problem for the division - who's he beat at Middleweight of note, and done so convincingly? You can't learn much from a 17 second win over Meerschaert IMO.

He struggled with Usman, who's a slow welterweight past his prime - had it been a 5 rounder Usman I think would have taken that fight.
I'm wrong, again

Back
Top Bottom